Internet safety

Posted
I just recently said screw it and met a girl at her house expecting to lose some organs or get robbed, turns out she was everything she said she was and we are dating now 🤷🏻‍♂️ risks are worth taking sometimes.
Posted
I've read all the comments and agree and disagree with some.

The internet isn't safe. People can use it for their advantage. A lot of people have fake profiles, catfish or can stalk you. Most people are time wasters.

Depending on which site you start talking upon?? Vet like your life depends on it, because it does.

Ask them for their real name-
1st and last.
Their birthdate.

Ask them to talk off the site and for their Facebook. If they're truthful- it will have atleast their 1st name.

If they don't have a FB, happens 2/10 times, ask them for their #.
If they don't want to talk/video call, that can be a red flag.

Ask for pictures- if they never smile.
They're most likely an asshole.

Text, video and call with either one.
If they get angry, yell at you, always using hard ***, or drinking, gets mad at you for trying to get to know them. If they're just talking about sex and not interested in getting to know you. Those are red flags!

Even if you slowly get to know each other they can have an alternative intent. They're sociopaths and psychopaths in our society.

Trusting someone is a big thing in our community.

Have a safe call. Someone who knows that you're meeting with this person. They know the person's information, and have their picture.
Have them text you during the date and let the person you met know you have a someone texting you just to make sure you got there safely.
Posted
After the fact it can seem like that. That's the nature of taking a gamble.
Posted
5 hours ago, Devil-Angel69 said:
I've read all the comments and agree and disagree with some.

The internet isn't safe. People can use it for their advantage. A lot of people have fake profiles, catfish or can stalk you. Most people are time wasters.

Depending on which site you start talking upon?? Vet like your life depends on it, because it does.

Ask them for their real name-
1st and last.
Their birthdate.

Ask them to talk off the site and for their Facebook. If they're truthful- it will have atleast their 1st name.

If they don't have a FB, happens 2/10 times, ask them for their #.
If they don't want to talk/video call, that can be a red flag.

Ask for pictures- if they never smile.
They're most likely an asshole.

Text, video and call with either one.
If they get angry, yell at you, always using hard ***, or drinking, gets mad at you for trying to get to know them. If they're just talking about sex and not interested in getting to know you. Those are red flags!

Even if you slowly get to know each other they can have an alternative intent. They're sociopaths and psychopaths in our society.

Trusting someone is a big thing in our community.

Have a safe call. Someone who knows that you're meeting with this person. They know the person's information, and have their picture.
Have them text you during the date and let the person you met know you have a someone texting you just to make sure you got there safely.

I totally agree with everything you said.

Posted
Tend to be cautious of talking on other apps outside text and snap(Ik snap can be not so good especially for fake accounts etc but default to those almost everyone has a snap if they don’t feel comfortable giving out number at first) I don’t push on much beyond name and age at first and general location ie city/county. First meet I try somewhere public, good for both to be a neutral space (casual meetup or actual date, meet in public first and don’t give your address)
Posted
For those in cities I think it’s easier and safer. Public places and ability to arrive and depart in ways that can protect your home destination.
Posted
Talk it all out first about what you both want. What your limits are, then a public place to see and hear each other. Trust is in the communication
Posted
The comment by cincinnati952, and tell your friends or/ family where you are going. Who you are gonna meet. At what time you expect them to back home. You can also have a safeword Ith a friend or a family.

For example.

You tell your friend the safeword is banana you then go to the date and you plan to stay longer than you told your friend. Maybe spend the night. So you text or call your friend. * I will be spending the night and go banana*. Your friend will know you are safe. If the worst should happen and the date abducts you orso and uses your phone to send a message to friends or family. He or she will not know the safe word you have. *i will spend the night * and your friends or family will know something is wrong and contact the Police orso. If your night goes well you can text your friend again with the safe word in the text. Just keep alert. Never leave your glass alone. Never take food or *** from stranger. Even at their house it is better to see them pour the drink or have your own botte with you. Or buy sole in a store. Or you can use the safeword to tell them it is dangerous and you feel unsafe.

Show your friend or family a photo of the person and their profile.

ALWAYS have some defensive weapon like pepperspray and know how to use it.

It is very sad but true that things can be very dangerous. Especially with rising prices and financially poor people that may become criminals.
Posted
Meetups are fine, you just have to be sure you keep yourself safe. Discuss safe words with the potential partner, and be sure to tell a friend where you will be or have them check in on you at some point. Don't take anything you can't afford to lose (people DO try to use this sort of thing to rob people)
Posted
6 hours ago, JS121 said:

Don't take anything you can't afford to lose (people DO try to use this sort of thing to rob people)

Good point!👍👍 

Posted
I generally won’t do scenes with anyone on a first in person encounter. Before, during, and after that meetup I like to talk in depth about boundaries, compatibility, and work out some ideas for what the next encounter will be like. That way we can have a scene then.

I usually insist playmates provide time and location info to one of their friends or family so that they are letting people know where they’re at. I also provide my primary with similar information about whoever I’m meeting. Texts confirming everyone has arrived or departed are also sent.
Posted
When it comes to meet ups i am a very superstitious person. That could be me but i have found that there are a lot of people who use this with an ulterior motive. Tell friends or a family member where your going and to send you texts with safe words involved so they know you are ok or they need to come get you ASAP. Then there are also those who are inexperienced who think that one thing will lead to another when typically that isn't the case so make sure that you are very clear with what you are looking for and that if it isn't going they way you discuss before the meet up then things should stop and more discussion is in order. What most new people don't seem to realize is that communication is a very big part of all relationships especially when it involves a kink.
Posted
It’s scary af! You never know what you will truly encounter once your there
Posted
It is scary, even in this community. You should always background check. Get referrals from them. Vett long, because even after you get to know someone even in person you truly never know who they really are. It’s the same protocol you would use in the vanilla world.
Posted
I never gives out one piece of data. That's number one! Just like you can't retrieve that bullet once it leaves the barrel, once your shit is in the wind you can't get it back. I've changed my phone number twice but have a throw away email addy.
Meet ups isn't easier I suppose but for sure meet in public and if any hair on your neck stands up, you jet for safety. As I pisces I'm big on intuition; its narrative and accuracy.
Please be safe
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
For me, I’m not that type of guy. So the numbers are in my favor that the girl is not a wack job. So if they are not interested there is always another. But ALWAYS meet in public first!