Where to start?

Posted
I want to be a Domme and not just for personal pleasure but professionally. I have no idea where to start. I also in my early 40’s, Plus size woman and I feel like I’ve maybe missed the opportunity to get in the industry. I also have absolutely no idea where to start, how to make connections and be safe while doing so… any suggestions on resources, classes etc.
Posted
There are training classes you can find in the forums on this site, also the forums themselves are a great place of reference, there is even an entire forum devoted to dominant woman and submissive men so I'm sure there is alot of great information to be found there! There are no shortage of submissives on this world and alot of them even have fetishes that cater to larger woman so no I don't believe it is too late for you to get into the professional Dom setting, just check out those few sources and your already on your way!
Posted
You didn’t miss your opportunity, you’re just in time! If you haven’t already, try being a sub/slave for a little while with different dommes. There’s plenty of books and online resources to help get you rolling.

I’ve been looking to try out a sub/slave relationship, but I’m not quite ready to commit to someone random.

Good luck!
Posted

in the UK there is a Domme who started in her 60s.

It's not really too late - and you have a minor advantage in that when you start to see clients as a "new" Domme that they will not really know if you've been doing it 1 month, 1 year or 10 years

One of the first steps would be to network.  Finding a local kink community could be a good way to get some hands on experience, but remember these folks aren't those who will take kindly if they think you're there to seek clients.

Better than that is to find where Dommes locally to you operate and make contact there.  They will have the best advice and resources for your territory. 

DommeoftheUniverse
Posted
Take the bdsm test here ..theres classes all the time..soooo many topics & knowledge is always a plus..good luck..
Posted
Best advice I can give is be confident in yourself. That confidence is imparted to your peers and playmates and, for me, is perhaps the sole most important attribute a good dom can have after rack ofc. Fetlife groups can point you towards incredible reading materials. Best of luck on your journey
Posted
Dont doubt yourself. If you want it enough you'll get what you want.
Posted
You don't know where to start to be a Domme,or to be a professional Domme?
(Before becoming a professional you should have some non professional experience).
As for safety you have different options:
- work for a Domme club or for a private dungeon
- get yourself a personal guard (many sub will like the idea of beeing your guard and assist while you dominate someone else)
- do it with a friend (double Domme sessions) or at least with a friend close by checking on you
- meet new clients in hotel rooms. Have them book the hotel; un this way they will have to provide their documents to the hotel. This will guarantee their anonymity but also you will know where to look for a name if things go wrong, and this would be a deterrent for them.

Whatever you do, ALWAYS trust your instincts. If a person seems off to you, don't meet them.

Best of luck 😉
Posted
Thank you all for the advice!!
Posted
Start with Miss Elle x on YouTube she makes high quality dom/sub education videos. There’s a book by Aleta Cai called How to become a professional dominatrix
Posted
Learn something new everyday is a good mantra. If you haven't already I suggest a look at Fetlife as there are many Domme only forums offering advice & mentorship from both amateur & pros. If you do, seek out Ms KimRub who is truly wonderful and knowledgeable with over 50ys experience.
Posted
Certain dommes mentor & have mentor programs also google AfroDomme Network a community of teaching black donned kink education and online domination
Posted (edited)

Sheri’s ranch*

Edited by Deleted Member
*External link removed
Posted
Understand this: To be a Domme you must first learn how to submit. A true Dom/Domme is a servant first.
Posted
7 hours ago, Razorage169 said:

Understand this: To be a Domme you must first learn how to submit. A true Dom/Domme is a servant first.

yeah.... nope.

that's absolute tripe.

it's one of the myths that won't die, and isn't really good advice.  It's like saying to be a good heart surgeon you first have to undergo heart surgery

Posted
Being a good Dom is just to listen. Sub wants more, give more. Sub wants less, give less. 90% of things are just communication
Posted
I’m sorry you feel that way but I know the truth in my words.
Posted
Go to local clubs, meetup, or munches. Search for a Janus society or something similar.
Posted
2 hours ago, HoneyRose said:
Go to local clubs, meetup, or munches. Search for a Janus society or something similar.

That’s good advice!

Posted
That’s good advice! I’m interested in being one too
Posted
As long as there’s submissive men you’ll be fine (just as long as they’re submissive and have ***)