translation

sxsha2-0

Posted
5 hours ago, sxsha2-0 said:

since this is a very diverse app, it would be a smart idea if there was a way to translate or even be able to copy messages

You make a good point. I get a lot of german dms. Not a feckin clue what it says and i cannot be bothered to copy n paste (which depending on what device you use isnt always able) to take to google to sort out. A simple "translate to english" little thing when it picks up the different languages (all not just to english but language of choice) would massively help

Posted
Whilst such a tool would indeed be useful - the complexity and cost of adding and maintaining it would probably make it prohibitive - especially given the site is essentially free to all users that choose not to pay for an upgrade.
Add to that that it's relatively simple to copy/paste into Google Translate or other translation tools and I can't honestly see it happening.
Posted
The two males who “replied” to the OP, give the rest of the male population on here an extremely bad press. Yes, you don’t read. So why complain that no one writes to you? This isn’t a comic, where the only clues and cues come from images. Some people actually spend time writing, to express themselves about experiences, or what they’re searching for. They select interests and curiosities, to add, so that anyone who comes across their profile, has signposts to potentially relate to and to consider whether a written approach, or chat, might be appropriate. Some European members of Fetish use their native language. The OP makes the observation that a translate facility might be appropriate. I agree, it might, though with being on the desktop version, I use copy and paste into Google translate.
Posted
3 hours ago, PeggableFucker said:
Copy and paste in Google translate takes seconds on pc or phone.
You can even make a screengrab and Google can read/translate it.

yes i agree, but most of the messages im unable to copy and paste it. that’s what the problem is

Posted
5 hours ago, gemini_man said:
Whilst such a tool would indeed be useful - the complexity and cost of adding and maintaining it would probably make it prohibitive - especially given the site is essentially free to all users that choose not to pay for an upgrade.
Add to that that it's relatively simple to copy/paste into Google Translate or other translation tools and I can't honestly see it happening.

yes! i agree about the copy and paste but for some reason im unable to copy 😭

Posted
Just now, sxsha2-0 said:

yes! i agree about the copy and paste but for some reason im unable to copy 😭

nvm im dumb, i found a way. sorry, thank you guys for the help :) <3

Posted
You can copy/paste of the website. Not on the Android app. I think it's a great suggestion and the company should address it
Posted
15 minutes ago, MichaelR22 said:
You can copy/paste of the website. Not on the Android app. I think it's a great suggestion and the company should address it

You can copy from the app - simply press and hold the message/forum post you want to copy and the option to do so pops up.
You can however only copy the whole message/post in the app so have to paste it somewhere like Notes (or even as a reply to the message) to then extract parts of it, if that's what you want to do.

Posted
To the OP I have a rather different view on this, if you see something you like in another site member or get a message from a person where English isn’t their primary language, I will have a look at the members page to see what languages they speak if they do not speak any English then I move on, because let’s face it if you can not converse with them at even the most basic of levels in the first instance then what hope do you have with the sometimes complex negotiations of a dynamic?

As an Englishman I feel ashamed because as a result of the Victorians spending most of the reign of Queen Victoria turning half the globe into an Empire it had the knock on effect of making us one of the most laziest of nations in the world when it comes to learning foreign languages and our schools system only provides us the basic entry level skills into three at most foreign languages, where as our counterparts on the continent get a much more comprehensive education in English as well as other languages they might encounter!

Before anyone says anything, yes I would use google translate to read a message from another member if it was written in another language I’m not that lazy an Englishman…. Not out of curiosity but because that person took the time to write a message, it’s only reasonable to give them the courtesy to read it and reply if necessary but as for following that up with a potential dynamic I’d rather put my time and effort into cultivating a more productive dynamic where I can have my mind stimulated in oral conversation and not by the use of google translate.
Posted

I think...

one of the big terms of this forum is to use English language.   There is a full German version of the site for people in Germany and German speakers, and also spin-off forums in other languages.  But for this site, English is the default language.

If someone is messaging you and you do not understand the language, there is always going to be communication issues.