Messed about

Posted
Sorry this happened to you and I agree with everyone else that said meet in Public first. I use kik or snapshot for communication to protect from scammers
Posted
6 hours ago, CopperKnob said:
Davina, as most other comments, I'm glad you're OK. Next time, maybe spend a little more time chatting, swap pics, have a video call, chat on the phone, get their full name and if possible address. See if anyone else you know in the community is aware of them. Check out their actvity here. Have a safety call like Subcnc has suggested and give them the location of the meeting, times and the details of the other person.
In terms of yourself, make sure all of you other social media's are locked down and be aware of how much personal info you're actually sharing through conversation.
Bottom line though, no matter how much any of us vet, there will always be risk/s. Your gut instinct is your biggest attribute in these situations.
Everyone else.
Hindsights a lovely thing isn't it.
I remember when I was a ***ager/in my 20's, going out to bars and clubs, meeting a guy and arranging to go out with him after a short chat whilst inebriated or even going home with them that same night. I wonder how much vetting I did back in those days?

Thank you for your message. I definitely will not be jumping into things blind again. Certain learning curve. Just glad I didn’t bump into anyone. But thought of been spied on videos or pictures of me or my car. Well sends shivers down my spine

Posted
1 hour ago, Daddy-n-Paddy said:
Sorry this happened to you and I agree with everyone else that said meet in Public first. I use kik or snapshot for communication to protect from scammers

I got kik for a while but recently got rid of that as I was just contacted by scammers

Posted
1 hour ago, Davina said:

I got kik for a while but recently got rid of that as I was just contacted by scammers

I get the scammer part of it, but for talking with others it still gives a layer of security that whatsapp doesn't. I get contacted once in a while from scammer but the good still out weighs the scammers..

Posted
12 minutes ago, Daddy-n-Paddy said:

I get the scammer part of it, but for talking with others it still gives a layer of security that whatsapp doesn't. I get contacted once in a while from scammer but the good still out weighs the scammers..

Ahh I do see what you mean, like with WhatsApp I’m giving my actual info out. Kik is just a code isn’t it, didn’t get chance add one on there.

Posted
1 hour ago, Davina said:

Ahh I do see what you mean, like with WhatsApp I’m giving my actual info out. Kik is just a code isn’t it, didn’t get chance add one on there.

Yes, and because it's the same company now it ties in with Facebook - I've recently had two contacts I made here (one a friend I've chatted with on WhatsApp on-and-off for maybe three+ years and another member I had only been getting to know over the previous couple of months) both show up as FB suggestions for me within the space of a few days of one another, when outside of this site there was no other way to link us.

The last thing anybody needs is somebody potentially harmful having access to us on such platforms. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Aranhis said:

Yes, and because it's the same company now it ties in with Facebook - I've recently had two contacts I made here (one a friend I've chatted with on WhatsApp on-and-off for maybe three+ years and another member I had only been getting to know over the previous couple of months) both show up as FB suggestions for me within the space of a few days of one another, when outside of this site there was no other way to link us.

The last thing anybody needs is somebody potentially harmful having access to us on such platforms. 

Doesn't happen if you don't link your phone number to your FB I don't think.

Posted
1 hour ago, Daddy-n-Paddy said:

One up on Kik is Telegram - better interface, it works off usernames too - you do have to enter your phone number, but can hide it and it's not used to connect to others, just provides a unique identifier for the app.

Posted
8 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

True. I have it linked for authentication, it didn't used to be a problem. My profile is locked down pretty tight otherwise 🙄🤦‍♂️

Posted
1 hour ago, gemini_man said:

Im in a works whatsapp grp and don't have my number linked to FB but they still show as friend suggestions. Possibly some kinda algorithym

Posted
6 hours ago, gemini_man said:

One up on Kik is Telegram - better interface, it works off usernames too - you do have to enter your phone number, but can hide it and it's not used to connect to others, just provides a unique identifier for the app.

I'll try it.

Posted
7 hours ago, CopperKnob said:

Im in a works whatsapp grp and don't have my number linked to FB but they still show as friend suggestions. Possibly some kinda algorithym

Yeah they may show in yours if they have their number in FB - but do you show in theirs if you don't? As far as I know you won't - know a couple of friends whose numbers I have that don't show up in my suggestions and believe it's because they don't have their number linked.

Posted
2 hours ago, Daddy-n-Paddy said:

I'll try it.

Meant to add - you don't get the spam you get with Kik too - I deleted Kik in the end because I found Telegram so much better

Posted
3 hours ago, gemini_man said:

Meant to add - you don't get the spam you get with Kik too - I deleted Kik in the end because I found Telegram so much better

Telegram looks like the one 💖

Posted
First im glad that Davina is safe and no physical harm came to her. This is a common occurance and happens all too often.
--
There is no excuse for.what the op was made to do. It wasnt a dom she was going to meet, but sad bloke probably just jerking off while holding his phone in one habd and tweasers in the other.
--
As others have said first meetings should be in a public space, or at a local munch, for a casual chat, until both are comfortable with each other.
--
Doms.who push for quick meets a d instant play are huge walking red flags.
Posted

This topic has highlighted a fair few things that i think would do with a good highlighted and pinned "must read" topic thread  "on all forum sections"  especially for new people to the scene to browse through on safety, meets, play, etc and for some of us older hands to re read and to stop us getting a wee bit  blaze about safety and meets.

Im glad the OP is safe and no harm "physically" has befallen.  But some good answers in response. 

It has highlighted that it's just scratching the surface, i have experienced so many similar stories and worse over thirty years "we are all guilty at some stage of this" jumping in with feet first as we are so eager, it's a natural feeling tbh so no blame to anyone attached who has experienced similar.  The scene once discovered can make us feel like we are in the candy shop.

IC back in the day had something similar and "the deviants dictionary" with a glossary of terms and meanings associated with and within the kink community.

Posted
9 hours ago, gemini_man said:

Yeah they may show in yours if they have their number in FB - but do you show in theirs if you don't? As far as I know you won't - know a couple of friends whose numbers I have that don't show up in my suggestions and believe it's because they don't have their number linked.

Makes sense!