New Messaging System

purplepie

Posted
1 hour ago, DommeoftheUniverse said:

I got a phone call from a member Ive never chatted to in chat or dm... How do O stop that from happening please?

Settings, scroll down to message filters and you can toggle off video calls x

Posted
2 hours ago, SirGreen said:

Ive had the same, random people calling me who Ive never chatted to. I would love to know how to stop it. Why are the worst people doing this always have VIP membership? Ive had two today.

You can turn this off in filters

Posted
11 hours ago, ThicTachanka said:
Why charge people to use basic features? I find better luck on meeting people through social media which In turn I never have to pay to send a pic.

Then do that? They offer more free features than many dating apps and are a business…. They can’t run on air.

Posted
Chloebear my point is it’s pointless because I say hey tex me on another app and bypass them making ***. People should be able to use basic features and pay features should step it up like you get a badge maybe a title you get certain perks that normal person doesn’t get like post videos on your account or voice messages etc etc.
Posted (edited)

Sorry if already covered. 

What do the little symbols next to messages mean?

I’ve seen a bin/trash can which I assume means the other party has deleted the message.

But also an eye with a diagonal line through it which I’m unsure the meaning of

Edited by Freetobare
Posted
8 minutes ago, Freetobare said:

I’ve seen a bin/trash can which I assume means the other party has deleted the message.

The eye with the strike through means the other member has chosen to hide the message. 

Posted
really disliking the the green dot on the chat. it takes a bit to go away after the message is read. gotta toggle back and forth through other pages or even close out the app and reopen?
Posted
You’ve lost location on people when they message. I always found that handy. Sounds like some good changes in here though. Maybe take some getting used to and ironing out like any tech overhaul :)
Posted
10 hours ago, Mr-Brown said:

Does the "last seen" always show? Or if you're set on invisible does it show the last time you were "online"?

Anyone?

Posted
The gifs don't seem to be moving, they're static, same as images. Or am i missing something
Posted
Well so far I have had messages with a whole load of source code instead of punctuation (e.g. you\u2019re instead of you're) , sent links that didn't work when that punctuation tacks onto the end of the link, being unable to see what I'm typing as soon as it goes beyond the first line, and some pictures just not sending through. I'm sure these are just teething problems and hopefully it'll be sorted out soon.
Posted
15 hours ago, Mr-Brown said:

Does the "last seen" always show? Or if you're set on invisible does it show the last time you were "online"?

I'll get back to you 

10 hours ago, Freetobare said:

I'm writing down if there's a list of explanations for each symbol

8 hours ago, xcacoethes said:

really disliking the the green dot on the chat. it takes a bit to go away after the message is read. gotta toggle back and forth through other pages or even close out the app and reopen?

noted 

6 hours ago, Chloebear said:

You’ve lost location on people when they message. I always found that handy. Sounds like some good changes in here though. Maybe take some getting used to and ironing out like any tech overhaul :)

noted 

42 minutes ago, captain-kink said:

The gifs don't seem to be moving, they're static, same as images. Or am i missing something

for me it works. Does anybody else have that same issue? 

12 minutes ago, DeviantInside said:

Well so far I have had messages with a whole load of source code instead of punctuation (e.g. you\u2019re instead of you're) , sent links that didn't work when that punctuation tacks onto the end of the link, being unable to see what I'm typing as soon as it goes beyond the first line, and some pictures just not sending through. I'm sure these are just teething problems and hopefully it'll be sorted out soon.

noted 

Hey, just to let you all know: I'm reading each comment and writing it down if I haven't already. Please be patient since I don't have an influence on when the changes will happen. But thank you for contributing every issue you can find! 

Posted
Hi, I've had a bunch of messages on the app disappear since the update. Inbox says I have 3 messages from someone, then there's only one when I open the chat - when I go on the website I can see them, though.
Posted
2 minutes ago, jclaw said:
Hi, I've had a bunch of messages on the app disappear since the update. Inbox says I have 3 messages from someone, then there's only one when I open the chat - when I go on the website I can see them, though.

It only shows the latest messages, it's been reported already. If you logout and back in, they're there

Posted
1 minute ago, captain-kink said:

It only shows the latest messages, it's been reported already. If you logout and back in, they're there

Ah cool, that worked. Thank you!

Posted
1 hour ago, purplepie said:

I'll get back to you 

I'm writing down if there's a list of explanations for each symbol

noted 

noted 

for me it works. Does anybody else have that same issue? 

noted 

Hey, just to let you all know: I'm reading each comment and writing it down if I haven't already. Please be patient since I don't have an influence on when the changes will happen. But thank you for contributing every issue you can find! 

Your doing a fabulous job, thank you.

Posted
On 11/16/2022 at 1:51 PM, iamdog said:

The double checkmarks which used to indicate that a message has been read no longer appear. I can't tell if my messages have been read or not

Hey, is that still the case for you? I haven't heard of similar complaints and I personally can see when messages have been read. 

Posted

The message box hangs below the edge of the browser window. If you type it does not scroll up meaning a message of more than 6 words cannor be sent. Firefox on W10

Posted
On 11/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, oldfellow said:

The message box hangs below the edge of the browser window. If you type it does not scroll up meaning a message of more than 6 words cannor be sent. Firefox on W10

Yes, that issue has been noted by quite a lot of users. I think it's a bug with a rather high priority so once I've created the tickets it should be fixed soon. 

3 hours ago, Letsplaynaughty said:

Is there a video function in the works?

Do you mean the video call function? It should work already if you click on the camera symbol in your messages. 

Posted
1 hour ago, purplepie said:

Do you mean the video call function? It should work already if you click on the camera symbol in your messages. 

No. I mean the ability to send a video file in messages

Posted
While I see some improvements and new features which I like. I still see sometimes messages disappearing without any notice as also messages not displayed while notification says I have new unread messages. Need to close and reopen the app for it.
Posted
How about adding a voice messaging system?
Posted
I get 'who checked me out' and I have to log off each time to clear the number who have.You've still not put a delete photo of people who have been blocked,so I have pages of people who no longer are on the site.