New Messaging System

purplepie

Posted

Yes I have the latest version of the app!

As previously stated I have already checked that I have the latest updated version of the app, even though I don't have to check fot he latest versions as they are downloaded an installed automatically for me but when I get an issue like this I do a maunual check to make sure that it doesn't need something like an updated signature.

I think that when you keep on saying the same thing over and over again it just makes you sound like the same old broken record it's not our app thats buggy it the fact you don't have the latest version!

In fact I wasn't getting half as many issues as I am now thanks to all the not so hot fixes that may or may not have been released lately.

Posted
38 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Yes I have the latest version of the app!

As previously stated I have already checked that I have the latest updated version of the app, even though I don't have to check fot he latest versions as they are downloaded an installed automatically for me but when I get an issue like this I do a maunual check to make sure that it doesn't need something like an updated signature.

I think that when you keep on saying the same thing over and over again it just makes you sound like the same old broken record it's not our app thats buggy it the fact you don't have the latest version!

In fact I wasn't getting half as many issues as I am now thanks to all the not so hot fixes that may or may not have been released lately.

I'm sorry, I'm aware that what I can offer right now seems repetitive. I must have missed that you've already stated that in your last comments. Trying to keep up with everything :) 

There might be some users who aren't aware that their app needs an update, though. 

And I agree 100% that the app/website is buggy. I didn't want to push responsibilities away or accuse members of not using our platforms correctly. 

Posted
1 hour ago, purplepie said:

I'm sorry, I'm aware that what I can offer right now seems repetitive. I must have missed that you've already stated that in your last comments. Trying to keep up with everything  

There might be some users who aren't aware that their app needs an update, though. 

And I agree 100% that the app/website is buggy. I didn't want to push responsibilities away or accuse members of not using our platforms correctly. 

And like you I just wanted to let you know that the App was up to date… but at the same time let you know that things seem to be getting worse rather than better if we don’t let you know what’s going on it cannot be fixed

Posted
15 hours ago, captain-kink said:

Does it now hide messages at both ends when someone selects the hide message option?

@captain-kink, as before, the one who hides the message can't see it anymore in their inbox. The other part still sees all messages but with a crossed-out eye to inform them that the chat partner has hidden the chat for themself. 

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 10.00.22.png

Posted
29 minutes ago, purplepie said:

@captain-kink, as before, the one who hides the message can't see it anymore in their inbox. The other part still sees all messages but with a crossed-out eye to inform them that the chat partner has hidden the chat for themself. 

I have messages going to my hidden folder without me selecting to hide the convo and some messages are disappeareling altogether.

Also now my app freezes mid typing out a reply/message (here and on messages). This used to happen a while ago then it got fixed, looks like its back

Posted
I want to cancel this. Anyone know how? I thought it was Fetlife which I tried to get back my profile
Posted
37 minutes ago, Excelsius said:

I want to cancel this. Anyone know how? I thought it was Fetlife which I tried to get back my profile

Settings/My Membership/Delete Profile. 
It may offer you the Deactivate Option if you choose Delete, but Delet should be offered again, just in case you clicked it accidentally. 

Posted
When I looked at my profile's "Message filter" setting, I noticed that it was by-default set to "Upgraded kinksters only", which I had to manually disable myself. Right away I can tell this is pretty negative to anyone trying to communicate if this is a by-default-enabled setting. Is this enabled by default for everyone else too, or was it somehow enabled for just my account? And if it is enabled by default for everyone, how am I intended to contact people (without paying ***, that is)?
Posted

:warning:UPDATE ON THE BUG FIXES:warning:

What the development team can fix right now, they fix right now. 

They will apply a fix from the server side first, and next week they will have a more detailed catch-up because a few people are absent. They will also prepare a new build of FET Version 8.0.0 where fixed known issues will be included.  For most of the suggested improvements, tickets were created and will be followed up in the next sprint in December.

Posted
On 11/28/2022 at 11:31 AM, purplepie said:

I actually like this feature. 

That it shows if someone has deleted or hidden messages theyve sent to you or vice versa.

Shows who's actually interested. 

Many times ive seen someone ive liked, checked them out within an hour of their message and seen they've messaged a ton of people. Fine. But go to my inbox and see its been hidden or deleted, shows me i wasnt so special to them, and they've just spammed folks or whatever. 

Sometimes ive even heard from friends that the same person has done that to them too. 

But i do wonder, if someone hides and or deleted a message, and you reply to it, does the reply get sent to them/make the message unhidden, or is it a waste of time replying if theyll never see it after hiding message?

Posted

I can't video chat with anyone on here, and it's saying that I'm rejecting the call and I'm not. I never had this problem before just the new message system. 

Posted
7 hours ago, Missy45 said:

I can't video chat with anyone on here, and it's saying that I'm rejecting the call and I'm not. I never had this problem before just the new message system. 

Hey @Missy45, this happened only today or immediately after the new message system launched? Either way, I'm writing it down in case this is a known issue so that the dev team can implement a working video chat in the next update. 

Posted
42 minutes ago, purplepie said:

Hey @Missy45, this happened only today or immediately after the new message system launched? Either way, I'm writing it down in case this is a known issue so that the dev team can implement a working video chat in the next update. 

I don't know. I only noticed when I wanted to video chat and they couldn't get through to me, and I couldn't call them myself. I asked them to tell me where the call button should be, and they did.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
It’s now been nearly a month since the release. And I m getting really annoyed by the amount of messages which are available by the message inbox counter but just not visible to me. I had yesterday alone more then 10 times multiple messages being not displayed. Is there a fix in planing? Right now the message system is broken as fuck.
Posted

Hey @shore

the development team is right now working on this exact issue among all the others we've collected. Their sprint will be completed within this December :pray:

Posted
Thanks for the update. Nice to hear that the issue is targeted within this sprint :)
Posted
The app is now just randomly crashing and shutting down at random this has never happened before, it’s done it twice today already, as I was halfway through writing messages
Posted
39 minutes ago, Erebus said:

The app is now just randomly crashing and shutting down at random this has never happened before, it’s done it twice today already, as I was halfway through writing messages

This could be because they are trying out some bug fixes! But we were not informed internally that something like this could happen. So I will try to find an answer. Did the app crash while you were performing a certain action? Or did this happen randomly? 

Posted
1 hour ago, Erebus said:

It's doing this to me, too, in messages and the forum. And still has the glitch of this person sent you three messages but I'm only going to show you one...

Posted
2 hours ago, Lady_Char said:

It's doing this to me, too, in messages and the forum. And still has the glitch of this person sent you three messages but I'm only going to show you one...

It's exactly as Lady Char described it..... The same things are happening to me.

Posted
On 11/30/2022 at 10:36 AM, Finally_Jen said:

I actually like this feature. 

That it shows if someone has deleted or hidden messages theyve sent to you or vice versa.

Shows who's actually interested. 

Many times ive seen someone ive liked, checked them out within an hour of their message and seen they've messaged a ton of people. Fine. But go to my inbox and see its been hidden or deleted, shows me i wasnt so special to them, and they've just spammed folks or whatever. 

Sometimes ive even heard from friends that the same person has done that to them too. 

But i do wonder, if someone hides and or deleted a message, and you reply to it, does the reply get sent to them/make the message unhidden, or is it a waste of time replying if theyll never see it after hiding message?

Hi Jen... If they've deleted the conversation on their side and you start it off again, you'll have the full thread and they will suddenly have your reply looking like it's an icebreaker. If you reply to a hidden message, then the whole thread will be revealed again on their side and will flash to say there's new activity. The harder ones to bear are when you've read the profile, crafted a precise and focused message  and you see a single tick and either the crossed out eye or the bin. Discarded without even being looked at. Those will be the 90 day failed icebreaker messages, where you have to sit out three months before you can approach again. I often put those into my block list to save me the time/embarrassment of doing it again to the same effect.

Posted
Have the same issues as most with the app crashing trying to message people
Posted

The forums are consta crashing on the app three times I tried to load them each time they crashed... I gave up and used the website loaded first time.

Posted
20 minutes ago, PeggableFucker said:
Deleted inbox?
My inbox was full of old messages especially from those who didn't work out so I can remember who the fuckers are.
And now, all this is gone!?
lucky there weren't anything important

Fake news... Content reappeared.
All a bit worrying though