New Messaging System

purplepie

Posted
Voice message so I can hear subs voices
Posted
On 11/16/2022 at 8:50 PM, DommeoftheUniverse said:

I got a phone call from a member Ive never chatted to in chat or dm... How do O stop that from happening please?

In your "message filters" in settings you can turn off calls etc. X

Posted

While most of that new messaging list sounds great i can no longer see the "all messages" and then "friends and favourites" messages. I prefer to be able to find the friends convos easily to get in touch than scroll down a list of random messages (i never delete anything). 

Also i think it is going to be a hugeeeeee mistake introducing a group message function. 

There will be nothing but divide and more cliques forming, ultimately those things end up dangerous and bitchy. I for one wouldnt use a group messaging thing on here, imo and inclusivity of all, thats what the lobby and other chat rooms are for. Safe, and monitored. 

Posted
While all that sounds great, will it actually function correctly? Half the time the site is so glitchy that you end up having to re log onto the site to get things to actually load correctly! Maybe work on the sites ability to function better before it’s made more glitchy than ever by adding additional function!

I’ll give just one of many examples if this!….The other day using the app I kept on getting repeated messages saying the app wasn’t up to date but when I checked I was using the latest version!

Sort the basics before trying to add additional functions.
Posted
11 minutes ago, Erebus said:
While all that sounds great, will it actually function correctly? Half the time the site is so glitchy that you end up having to re log onto the site to get things to actually load correctly! Maybe work on the sites ability to function better before it’s made more glitchy than ever by adding additional function!

I’ll give just one of many examples if this!….The other day using the app I kept on getting repeated messages saying the app wasn’t up to date but when I checked I was using the latest version!

Sort the basics before trying to add additional functions.

I've noticed since the update that I have the green dot on the app to tell me I've new messages, but I can't actually see them unless I close it out and restart it. The chat is also laggy often since the last update...

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lady_Char said:

I've noticed since the update that I have the green dot on the app to tell me I've new messages, but I can't actually see them unless I close it out and restart it. The chat is also laggy often since the last update...

I know I focused on the app but the website is often little better at times as well.

Posted
Sometimes I have to turn my phone off and then back on to read messages.
Posted
Half my old messages are now blank or only partial...
Posted
1 hour ago, Daddy-n-Paddy said:

Same 🤦‍♀️ and now ppl are having a go at me not responding but I can’t see the messages lol

Posted

I mostly use the site on PC but it's been very buggy there since the update too.

Also with the new 'attachments' feature you can only see the last 9, it won't go beyond that.

Though I have to say giving people the option to delete all of theirs was a great idea, and long overdue.

Also PS that suggested icebreakers thing is just... oof... lots of cringe going on there. I wouldn't be encouraging anybody to send opening messages like that. They're the wrong kind of cheesey. :)

Posted
On 11/16/2022 at 7:21 AM, purplepie said:

Paying users can recall a message x seconds after it was sent. After recalling both members see an action log. The sender also sees an edit link to modify it.

I've never liked the fact that the other person can see if you deleted a message on any app really. Isn't the whole point of you deleting a message because it was either riddled with typos, you didn't word it correctly, or had second thoughts about saying whatever it was you just said? Them seeing that you deleted something is going to prompt them to ask you what it was and why you deleted it anyway. Not that you HAVE to tell them ofc, but regardless why you gotta put people in a position where they might have to straight up lie to someone else? :)

Posted

part the purpose of "this message was deleted" notifications is because the person has usually had an unread message notification and if they get there and there is nothing there they will think it is a bug

but if they got a "this message has been deleted" then even if they may be curious to what was deleted, there is at least being able to piece the two together

Posted
Maybe fix some of the basic functionality and bugs before you do all this shit that nobody asked for
Posted
On 11/17/2022 at 1:02 PM, purplepie said:

Hey, just to let you all know: I'm reading each comment and writing it down if I haven't already. Please be patient since I don't have an influence on when the changes will happen. But thank you for contributing every issue you can find! 

Is anyone else concerned with this statement? There's a lot of issues and bugs on both the app and the website and all that's happening is note taking!.... Both the app and site are broken and have issues and there is no timeline for the issues to be fixed?

Not to worry though as long as they are aware there is issues and the people in charge are taking notes so all will be OK!

That statement there is one of the reasons I no longer pay to use the site. I found out very early on that once you've paid your *** for memberships those in charge have no real interest in what we have to say nor do they fix the issues on this site! Neither bugs that are caused from lack of real time updates or improvement to site safety.

Once they have your *** they just don't care!

Posted
On 11/17/2022 at 2:40 PM, jclaw said:

Hi, I've had a bunch of messages on the app disappear since the update. Inbox says I have 3 messages from someone, then there's only one when I open the chat - when I go on the website I can see them, though.

22 hours ago, shore said:

While I see some improvements and new features which I like. I still see sometimes messages disappearing without any notice as also messages not displayed while notification says I have new unread messages. Need to close and reopen the app for it.

This is currently being worked on! 

On 11/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, oldfellow said:

The message box hangs below the edge of the browser window. If you type it does not scroll up meaning a message of more than 6 words cannor be sent. Firefox on W10

Also this - we are working on it! 

On 11/21/2022 at 11:26 AM, Letsplaynaughty said:

No. I mean the ability to send a video file in messages

I'll write that down as a suggestion. Same with the voice messages 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Is anyone else concerned with this statement? There's a lot of issues and bugs on both the app and the website and all that's happening is note taking!.... Both the app and site are broken and have issues and there is no timeline for the issues to be fixed?

Not to worry though as long as they are aware there is issues and the people in charge are taking notes so all will be OK!

That statement there is one of the reasons I no longer pay to use the site. I found out very early on that once you've paid your *** for memberships those in charge have no real interest in what we have to say nor do they fix the issues on this site! Neither bugs that are caused from lack of real time updates or improvement to site safety.

Once they have your *** they just don't care!

2 hours ago, Rova said:

Maybe fix some of the basic functionality and bugs before you do all this shit that nobody asked for

Hey there, 

I consider note-taking the first step to let the development team be aware of bugs and issues. As I said, I don't have control over when each one of those issues can be fixed but I do know that people are working on them. I'm trying to listen and answer as many people as possible,  which in my opinion shows that I care about this community. 

If you're sensing something different, that's ok. 

Posted
12 hours ago, Daddy-n-Paddy said:

10 hours ago, BornToBeBratty said:

Same 🤦‍♀️ and now ppl are having a go at me not responding but I can’t see the messages lol

14 hours ago, Gaz26 said:

Sometimes I have to turn my phone off and then back on to read messages.

I'll put this as high priority also 

Posted
On 11/17/2022 at 3:53 AM, Freetobare said:

Sorry if already covered. 

What do the little symbols next to messages mean?

I’ve seen a bin/trash can which I assume means the other party has deleted the message.

But also an eye with a diagonal line through it which I’m unsure the meaning of

Oh btw, the crossed-out eye means something is hidden. For example an image with adult content is blurred out but clicking on the eye symbol will reveal it. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, purplepie said:

Hey there, 

I consider note-taking the first step to let the development team be aware of bugs and issues. As I said, I don't have control over when each one of those issues can be fixed but I do know that people are working on them. I'm trying to listen and answer as many people as possible,  which in my opinion shows that I care about this community. 

If you're sensing something different, that's ok. 

What I'm seeing and not sensing is the same management based problems repeatedly happening on multiple occasions!

That is a lack of investment by the people who make the decisions to actually fix the issues on the site or take the members concerns about safety seriously!

While I understand you need to know the issues re the bugs in the first place, not committing to having any idea of when the real time fixes will happen is an issue. The site and app are broken and have been for a long time all the while people are paying *** and not getting the quality of service they paid for.

As for the members concerns re site safety well we all know management are pretty much deaf when it comes to those!

Posted

This is getting stupid, cannot see any message being typed after the first line and as the message box is not showing, one cant see the send button. Such a stupid thing to change a messageing systen when messages cant now be sent.

Posted

as a bit... understanding

my day job is in QA so there's assorted insights I'm going to share

Firstly, no site or app is bug free, just perhaps all the bugs haven't been found yet ;) Obviously the ones that affect users functionality are the most frustrating, but they're not always the most serious

When you do have bugs it is pretty much impossible to give a timescale on how long it will take to fix

Firstly it has to be investigated what is causing the bug (as in, where in the code, not "it's broke, fix it") and then the bug fix needs to be tested, alongside some regression - kinda to make sure other things aren't broken by the bug fix.   

And this always takes a little time.

Then to put the fix live there are two ways.  One is a hot fix, which basically is you just put the change in on the fly.  This is faster in some ways but carries more risk in others.  The second especially if there are a few fixes, or other features, is to put them all into a release.

Web fixes can usually be picked up immediately when they're pushed - but to a mobile app they have to be approved via Apple and Google and that can typically take 48 hours. (another reason not to do hot fixes, unless it's a critical or security bug)

So, yep, if something goes live on a Monday.  Has bugs that are found that day.  It might take Tuesday to investigate and patch. Wednesday to test - you want to kinda avoid weekend deployments, so it might be timed for the following Monday.  So, a week for a non critical fix.

The message system changes were put out last Wednesday, so not yet a week.  As there's been new bugs reported on the thread since then - it'd be impossible to give a clear time scale since if a patch is put out and people are like "hey, this still doesn't work" it's just going to be more frustration.

Obviously, of course, it'd be nice if everything had worked fine the first time - and this is not my field since I am a QA for the company I work for, and I don't work for fetish - but I am sure they will have a process for reviewing going forwards - continuous learning and that

What I do want to say - one of my frustrations with fetish at times has been a lack of comms when there has been a new feature or change - and I know I'm not the only one and so it is great to see someone from the fetish team having both posted about the change AND clearly taking people's concerns (and other suggestions) on board 

but it does feel a bit, don't shoot the messenger.  

I mean, hey, it's not like the bug city that is Twitter right now - and Facebook has some pretty awful bugs at the minute also.  

But, like, it's obviously in the sites best interest to fix the issues so maybe kinda stick to that a little :) 

Posted
1 hour ago, eyemblacksheep said:

as a bit... understanding

my day job is in QA so there's assorted insights I'm going to share

Firstly, no site or app is bug free, just perhaps all the bugs haven't been found yet ;) Obviously the ones that affect users functionality are the most frustrating, but they're not always the most serious

When you do have bugs it is pretty much impossible to give a timescale on how long it will take to fix

Firstly it has to be investigated what is causing the bug (as in, where in the code, not "it's broke, fix it") and then the bug fix needs to be tested, alongside some regression - kinda to make sure other things aren't broken by the bug fix.   

And this always takes a little time.

Then to put the fix live there are two ways.  One is a hot fix, which basically is you just put the change in on the fly.  This is faster in some ways but carries more risk in others.  The second especially if there are a few fixes, or other features, is to put them all into a release.

Web fixes can usually be picked up immediately when they're pushed - but to a mobile app they have to be approved via Apple and Google and that can typically take 48 hours. (another reason not to do hot fixes, unless it's a critical or security bug)

So, yep, if something goes live on a Monday.  Has bugs that are found that day.  It might take Tuesday to investigate and patch. Wednesday to test - you want to kinda avoid weekend deployments, so it might be timed for the following Monday.  So, a week for a non critical fix.

The message system changes were put out last Wednesday, so not yet a week.  As there's been new bugs reported on the thread since then - it'd be impossible to give a clear time scale since if a patch is put out and people are like "hey, this still doesn't work" it's just going to be more frustration.

Obviously, of course, it'd be nice if everything had worked fine the first time - and this is not my field since I am a QA for the company I work for, and I don't work for fetish - but I am sure they will have a process for reviewing going forwards - continuous learning and that

What I do want to say - one of my frustrations with fetish at times has been a lack of comms when there has been a new feature or change - and I know I'm not the only one and so it is great to see someone from the fetish team having both posted about the change AND clearly taking people's concerns (and other suggestions) on board 

but it does feel a bit, don't shoot the messenger.  

I mean, hey, it's not like the bug city that is Twitter right now - and Facebook has some pretty awful bugs at the minute also.  

But, like, it's obviously in the sites best interest to fix the issues so maybe kinda stick to that a little :) 

Thanks for the insight on the process, I know that helps us mere mortals understand better.

I am left wondering two things mainly

1) You mentioned that "and then the bug fix needs to be tested" what testing was done on the new features in the first place, I know a site feels the need to make changes to keep fresh, people interested and up to date but that comes with the risk of breaking something in a more spectacular way and that might or might not have been bug free in the first place as stated by yourself.

2) You mentioned a timescale of a week for any potential fix assuming it is able to be done on your timescale, but some of the issues on the site have been here for a lot longer even months e.g. people having to re log to get the site to load properly or the site constantly freezing and locking you out. Both of these issues have been around months. I genuinely think these are the issues that are causing people the most issue from having spoken to them about it.

These are the issues I'm referring to in my previous posts on this thread and the lack of action in getting them fixed, it just seems like either poor planning or a lack of understanding on management’s part on how important it is for the fixes to be done and the members to feel listened to.

Posted
On 11/16/2022 at 12:21 PM, purplepie said:

We've updated our messaging system! 

What's new:

• You can filter your inbox by only hidden conversations.
  • Action logs: We introduced action logs that appear in a conversation when sending a friend request, sending a gift, starting/ending a phone call, changing gender, changing nickname, recalling a message ...
  • Recall a message: Paying users can recall a message x seconds after it was sent. After recalling both members see an action log. The sender also sees an edit link to modify it.
  • Recall an image: All users can delete an attachment, which they send at any time.
  • Cancel an image upload: All users can cancel the uploading progress.
  • Gifs: Paying members can send gifs
  • Attachments: Now users can see a list of all attachments in a thread
  • Links: Now users can send links to each other. 
  • All users can filter their inbox by unread status
  • All users can mark all messages as read
  • When attaching an image, recently used images are shown, so you don't need to upload the same image again
  • When attaching an image we're offering the option to send an image from the private gallery.
  • Send a message by pressing enter (web only)
  • The online icon is shown next to the username
  • A placeholder is shown when receiving an FSK-18 image (might be released a bit later)

The following functions are still in development:

• The group messaging will be worked on AFTER the message system will have been deployed to all communities.

I am very suspicious and cynical when sites say we have introduced new features. Is this just to get more *** or more people to pay subscription??

Posted
Although I do agree sites and apps are not always bug free but to compare this app/site to the free and enormous ones like Facebook and twitter is not really a fair comparison. As a paying customer you'd expect the service to be a whole lot better than just a "put up and shut up until we are able to fix it". Many developers of apps and software and sites would test, retest and release beta versions for specific people to try out before releasing to the masses, that would have been a most intelligent way to implement a new change as big as the recent one here.
I understand this is a tough and time consuming process but come on, if they were able to write the update, they'll know where the highlighted issues are and get them edited quickly.
I do like this app and I think it has massive potential, but if these bugs keep happening and updates keep frustrating the users, it'll be a fast decline in its use base and supporters that pay to use.