New Messaging System

purplepie

Posted
This all is a joke anyway full of bots and fake accounts like with most sites now days so sad what the internet has become
Posted
10 minutes ago, Erebus said:

You mentioned that "and then the bug fix needs to be tested" what testing was done on the new features in the first place

I can't answer that as such - but one of the big things sometimes is that testing is not exhaustive

So for example even looking at browsers we've got chrome, edge, firefox, as poss a main set, plus mobile phones own browsers.  And then of course apps

but then as well as that particularly desktop browsers there is anything such as plugins, extensions, conflicts in cache, so on

then there's operating system which will be all over the place in what users use

and for some of the app based bugs, the make/model/screen size/etc of the phone.  There are a lot of dev tools which can simulate some of this, but having used some of these tools it's not a replication for the real thing.

obviously there may be failures in the testing process - but, like, this isn't a high profile mistake like - I dunno - bank customers unable to use their cards for days on end, British Airways bug losing everyone's bag, or the recent Twitter bug which makes it possible to see content of people who have blocked you.

18 minutes ago, Erebus said:

You mentioned a timescale of a week for any potential fix assuming it is able to be done on your timescale, but some of the issues on the site have been here for a lot longer even months

mine was based on a reasonable best case

So.  For example.

In most companies I've worked bugs are kinda ranked - from (1) which is critical down to (4) which is cosmetic - and also sometimes other measures depending on how they affect people.

One of the issues of course is that for most of us, if we find a bug that affects us then, to us that is a P1.  But in reality, if the site is up and users can use it then it's more likely a P2 or P3.  

The bugs in this thread - if I was logging them, there would be a lot of P3s and maybe some P2s.

Also of course for a lot of bugs there is how they impact users.  And so, not every bug gets fixed.  Obviously this sucks if it's a bug that frustrates you.  But the idea that something should be bug free before a new feature begins is a fallacy in many ways and a lot can hold up production.  That also as well as new features a site may wish to introduce, there is also changing rules on legislation and compliance they also have to be focused on.

Bugs like site freezing or having to log out and back in - these have a work around and can often be difficult to replicate.  I've not had these issues, which I'm not saying means it's unimportant but it means it's not affecting all of the users AND there are work arounds.  The priority goes up only if more and more people are getting affected and in turn that also makes it easier to investigate why it is happening

Posted
19 minutes ago, captain-kink said:

Although I do agree sites and apps are not always bug free but to compare this app/site to the free and enormous ones like Facebook and twitter is not really a fair comparison. As a paying customer you'd expect the service to be a whole lot better than just a "put up and shut up until we are able to fix it"

Why is it unfair? While those sites are larger they also have massive, massive, budgets.  

I don't feel the attitude has been "put up until we have been able to fix it" and it feels like there is genuine attempt at outreach. 

Posted
Many improvements still to be worked on! Especially the location, I’m struggling to make a location filter and get people nearby.
Posted
49 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I can't answer that as such - but one of the big things sometimes is that testing is not exhaustive

So for example even looking at browsers we've got chrome, edge, firefox, as poss a main set, plus mobile phones own browsers.  And then of course apps

but then as well as that particularly desktop browsers there is anything such as plugins, extensions, conflicts in cache, so on

then there's operating system which will be all over the place in what users use

and for some of the app based bugs, the make/model/screen size/etc of the phone.  There are a lot of dev tools which can simulate some of this, but having used some of these tools it's not a replication for the real thing.

obviously there may be failures in the testing process - but, like, this isn't a high profile mistake like - I dunno - bank customers unable to use their cards for days on end, British Airways bug losing everyone's bag, or the recent Twitter bug which makes it possible to see content of people who have blocked you.

mine was based on a reasonable best case

So.  For example.

In most companies I've worked bugs are kinda ranked - from (1) which is critical down to (4) which is cosmetic - and also sometimes other measures depending on how they affect people.

One of the issues of course is that for most of us, if we find a bug that affects us then, to us that is a P1.  But in reality, if the site is up and users can use it then it's more likely a P2 or P3.  

The bugs in this thread - if I was logging them, there would be a lot of P3s and maybe some P2s.

Also of course for a lot of bugs there is how they impact users.  And so, not every bug gets fixed.  Obviously this sucks if it's a bug that frustrates you.  But the idea that something should be bug free before a new feature begins is a fallacy in many ways and a lot can hold up production.  That also as well as new features a site may wish to introduce, there is also changing rules on legislation and compliance they also have to be focused on.

Bugs like site freezing or having to log out and back in - these have a work around and can often be difficult to replicate.  I've not had these issues, which I'm not saying means it's unimportant but it means it's not affecting all of the users AND there are work arounds.  The priority goes up only if more and more people are getting affected and in turn that also makes it easier to investigate why it is happening

Thanks again for your insight. I'll stand by what I said though it's up to management to better listen to its members otherwise they may not be around for long. Especially the new ones!

Posted
26 minutes ago, Hollown said:

Many improvements still to be worked on! Especially the location, I’m struggling to make a location filter and get people nearby.

I know there is an option to do this. it's either on the website (fetish.com) only or is a paid feature I'm not sure it's been a while since I set mine up and I had a paid membership at the time. I hope this helps you to either find it or someone else to help prompt you.

Posted

Two points to add. 
1) For Erebus. Please don't pick on the Fetmods, they are volunteers with very limited 'powers' on the site, they usually advise you how to raise a ticket to the Tech Team to get an issue fixed. So the lady in question is doing us and Fetish a huge favour by collating all the reported glitches and feeding them into single tickets, much better than have lots of user raised tickets for the same bug, which may crowd out the others.
2) Regression testing. Evidently this is quite a major new release with lots of whiz-bang features added. Where I have a problem is that the core purpose of the app, the messaging, seems to have been rather casually tested. That the first icebreaker message is not correctly positioned on the screen on multiple platforms is very poor. That historic messages seem to have been wiped when using certain platforms, not a good look. That messages are not feeding through correctly and need to be 'refreshed' or  the App rebooted to make them show, rank bad. None are niche, weird, platform specific, idiosyncracies. All three have been reported by multiple people on multiple platforms. I suspect these are the ones who have made the effort to try to log a fault, the silent majority just putting up with it.
It's like a new car with its doors missing. You can still get in, belt up and drive but it is most definitely not the experience it used to be and should be taken as a given. 

Posted

I've hunted around for the location thing and I suspect it may have been changed. On the Settings/Edit Profile/About Me page there is a 'Place' section. Here you chose a Post/Zip etc code and an associated address. I believe it was here that you could set 'roaming rights', but a bug was raised as this had a habit of changing your Place permanently. So for the paying elite, there is now a 'second home' option, which I guess allows you to apply the same filters as you have for your home to a second location and merge the answers. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, VKD said:

1) For Erebus. Please don't pick on the Fetmods, they are volunteers with very limited 'powers' on the site, they usually advise you how to raise a ticket to the Tech Team to get an issue fixed. So the lady in question is doing us and Fetish a huge favour by collating all the reported glitches and feeding them into single tickets, much better than have lots of user raised tickets for the same bug, which may crowd out the others.

VKD for clarity! Having a frank and open discussion about the issues with both issues relating to the updated functions and the longer term issues we have been facing that are not being addressed by those in charge that are being paid of which Purplepie spoke of in her post isn't picking on the moderator, as for the issue of being paid or not that has zero relevance to this open discussion. In fact I applaud her efforts in trying to categorise these issues but when that is put into a sentence that says that she doesn't have the influence on when these changes will be made that is concerning to me and other site user’s as well as for the paying members of this site which has been clearly confirmed by those members.

For me this post has been about addressing the issues as well as the feeling's that a lot of members including myself, quite clearly what we are all feeling is relevant is the lack of management action on fixing these issues and making the site better for all of us. It's not about having a go at a moderator, maybe if the people in charge spoke up and recognised these issues and gave some formal response to the issues raised in this post then maybe the members might feel listened to for once.

Posted
Keep getting an issue where I type out a message and with more than 2 lines it disappears below the screen making it impossible to read what I am writing.
Posted
The app is sending me notifications of mail but I can’t read them without *** closing the app and reopening. Not sure if this is a known issue. I was too lazy to check through comments. Apologies
Posted

Ive now had a few messages from men who only put "Hi" in their messages and my filters have a min word setting. Also one person has messaged me 4 times and ive not messaged back, what happened to them not able to message againif ive not responded?

Posted
On 11/22/2022 at 7:08 AM, BruiseWayne said:

I've never liked the fact that the other person can see if you deleted a message on any app really. Isn't the whole point of you deleting a message because it was either riddled with typos, you didn't word it correctly, or had second thoughts about saying whatever it was you just said? Them seeing that you deleted something is going to prompt them to ask you what it was and why you deleted it anyway. Not that you HAVE to tell them ofc, but regardless why you gotta put people in a position where they might have to straight up lie to someone else? :)

This is already a thing

Some times if i check a profile thats (messaged me) out i look at everything on their profile. i leave it 6hrs.. on 90% of cases it says "this person has hidden or deleted this conversation". 

Theyve no interest and just spamming to catch whatever they can. Safe dodge imo. 

I however delete nothing cus i find it rude n disrespectful but i have also caught multiple catfishes or repeat profiles dming me by keeping messages.  

Unsure if you or someone else mentioned it, but the icebreakers need gone. 

I absolutely hate them. So lazy and impersonal. 

People somehow get through my filters with these icebreakers and ive blocked 100s of people for sending me then, cus i hate the icebreakers that much and i dont feel id ever connect with someone who uses them. Plus like first bit of profile says i hate them and will block 🤷

We should have an option of allowing or rejecting icebreakers tbh lol 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Finally_Jen said:

This is already a thing

Some times if i check a profile thats (messaged me) out i look at everything on their profile. i leave it 6hrs.. on 90% of cases it says "this person has hidden or deleted this conversation". 

Theyve no interest and just spamming to catch whatever they can. Safe dodge imo. 

I however delete nothing cus i find it rude n disrespectful but i have also caught multiple catfishes or repeat profiles dming me by keeping messages.  

Unsure if you or someone else mentioned it, but the icebreakers need gone. 

I absolutely hate them. So lazy and impersonal. 

People somehow get through my filters with these icebreakers and ive blocked 100s of people for sending me then, cus i hate the icebreakers that much and i dont feel id ever connect with someone who uses them. Plus like first bit of profile says i hate them and will block 🤷

We should have an option of allowing or rejecting icebreakers tbh lol 

No, leave the ice breakers there. Anyone can chose not to use them and write their own (hopefully original) message. Its a great way to see who can be bothered to think about what to say and those that don’t. I agree with a setting to reject an icebreaker message. I know some people find it hard to write an opening message but if they feel the urge to message someone, its because they found their profile an interesting read and therefore would have something worth writing back about (making a comment about part of it)

Posted
4 hours ago, naughtything said:

Ive now had a few messages from men who only put "Hi" in their messages and my filters have a min word setting. Also one person has messaged me 4 times and ive not messaged back, what happened to them not able to message againif ive not responded?

How long apart were the messages?  If 3 months have past then they can send again.  If you aren't interested you can always send a "no thanks" which prevents them sending at anytime in the future.

Posted
3 hours ago, SirGreen said:

No, leave the ice breakers there. Anyone can chose not to use them and write their own (hopefully original) message. Its a great way to see who can be bothered to think about what to say and those that don’t. I agree with a setting to reject an icebreaker message. I know some people find it hard to write an opening message but if they feel the urge to message someone, its because they found their profile an interesting read and therefore would have something worth writing back about (making a comment about part of it)

Il agree that they should be left there. 

Il also agree that it shows who can be bothered to talk about something original or whos even read your profile. 

Il also again agree that the function to accept or decline messages of this nature should exist.

But i do not agree that people who sent icebreakers have done so due to finding a profile interesting.

I solely beleive they find the photos of a profile to their "taste" and spam multiple men/women, in an attempt to hook someone into replying. 

I do not for one minute beleive any decent person who was intrigued in the profile itself along with the person would be so lazy and unimaginative to send soemthing that doesnt even spend 10 seconds on the person to message. I believe someone interested will send something or their own doing. Not soemthing already done by them... The sites random/cringey chat up lines. 

Forgive me but i dont know one person who actually appreciates even receiving these. Not yet anyway 🤷😬

Posted
20 minutes ago, Finally_Jen said:

Il agree that they should be left there. 

Il also agree that it shows who can be bothered to talk about something original or whos even read your profile. 

Il also again agree that the function to accept or decline messages of this nature should exist.

But i do not agree that people who sent icebreakers have done so due to finding a profile interesting.

I solely beleive they find the photos of a profile to their "taste" and spam multiple men/women, in an attempt to hook someone into replying. 

I do not for one minute beleive any decent person who was intrigued in the profile itself along with the person would be so lazy and unimaginative to send soemthing that doesnt even spend 10 seconds on the person to message. I believe someone interested will send something or their own doing. Not soemthing already done by them... The sites random/cringey chat up lines. 

Forgive me but i dont know one person who actually appreciates even receiving these. Not yet anyway 🤷😬

Hi Jen, in general icebreakers are pretty much the only way to get a conversation going so they have to exist and be policed. There is a limit of 100 per 30 days for those who don't want to pay, unlimited for those that do. I think your beef is with the infantile suggestions they offer now, for those who find "Hi" a stretch too far in terms of typing effort! There should definitely be a no Spam/Bot lazy message option, better still, the suggestions should be removed or seriously overhauled.  

Posted
5 minutes ago, VKD said:

Hi Jen, in general icebreakers are pretty much the only way to get a conversation going so they have to exist and be policed. There is a limit of 100 per 30 days for those who don't want to pay, unlimited for those that do. I think your beef is with the infantile suggestions they offer now, for those who find "Hi" a stretch too far in terms of typing effort! There should definitely be a no Spam/Bot lazy message option, better still, the suggestions should be removed or seriously overhauled.  

They’re so cringe. That’s the issue… it’s an instant no. People using them do their own chances more harm than good lol

Posted
9 minutes ago, Chloebear said:

They’re so cringe. That’s the issue… it’s an instant no. People using them do their own chances more harm than good lol

Absolutely. I know I'll never receive one,  the very few I get are from scammers and they have more class! 
Reminds me of the Armstrong and Miller Pony Tail sketches!

Posted
20 minutes ago, VKD said:

I think just removed. They are ridiculous lol. Who would write something like that? I am really crap at opening messages but even mine are way better . The thinking behind it, seems a little worrying.

Posted

Unless I'm mistaken, the embarrassingly bad 'suggested Ice-breakers' are no more. On the laptop the message issue is marginally improved, there is now a scroll bar one can use to bring the text into focus, shame it was not set to default to the bottom so the text is always visible, but at least it can be brought into focus and edited. Messaging seems to be working a little better on the receipt side.

Profiles I visited. Blank screen. Not even a meagre allocation of the last 5 visits this past 24 hours. Looks like I'll have to overload my favourites. 

Posted

I'd like to raise the issue of people being able to send photo's within messages to people they are chatting to, currently it is my understanding that if you are male and a non paying member you can not send a message with the ability to attach a photo, however if you are female and a non paying member this is an option and you are able to send a message with a photo attached.

Posted (edited)

I have set up my settings for my messages  but there still not working.

I'm getting people below the age range I want to message me

Also you used to be told by a red dot if you had mail while chatting in the lobby that function as gone.

Any chance of bringing it back.

Ty for taking time in reading my message

Edited by Charms
Posted
16 hours ago, Erebus said:

I'd like to raise the issue of people being able to send photo's within messages to people they are chatting to, currently it is my understanding that if you are male and a non paying member you can not send a message with the ability to attach a photo, however if you are female and a non paying member this is an option and you are able to send a message with a photo attached.

Yes, that is correct. In the past, we have received many comments of (mainly) female users, who were complaining about unwanted photos, especially dickpics. We want to make sure everything is consensual to guarantee the safety of all. To avoid such non-consensual behavior, we decided that men with basic memberships are not able to send photos. When they upgrade their plan, it shows that they are committed to our community and will use this function responsibly. Since then our community has been much more healthy and many people have acknowledged this change. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Charms said:

I have set up my settings for my messages  but there still not working.

I'm getting people below the age range I want to message me

Also you used to be told by a red dot if you had mail while chatting in the lobby that function as gone.

Any chance of bringing it back.

Ty for taking time in reading my message

Hey, I'm sending you a DM