Your Empty Profile

CopperKnob

Posted
56 minutes ago, HeavyHanded said:
But you don't have any full face pictures either. Isn't that the pot calling the the kettle black?

I have pictures though and my bio isn't blank 🤷‍♀️

Posted
55 minutes ago, Tommo6989 said:

Lost count how many messages i have sent to women, they then reply back, but then all of a sudden I cannot communicate with them as the site says they are verifying the persons profile only for them to be crossed off my msg list for not being genuine. It goes both ways, and because alot of guys on here are simps or certainly act that way from comments they leave beneath pics it plays into the game alot of women play on this site which is being a thirst trap to get likes and some sort of validation without any intention of messaging back a genuine guy who DMs them and doesnt just simply simp. Trust when I say women have it easy on dating apps (including this one) compared to guys.

Yes, yes we do 😴😴

Posted
31 minutes ago, DuchessFeuille said:

If they’re not genuine and they get removed, there’s nothing to complain about. The site is operating exactly as it should.

The thing is, many do not get removed. Many of the "Fake" profiles are collectors. They sit around collecting messages , dangling carrots and do not actually do , yes , let's say nothing. Is it a kick they get? Who knows. The other troubling thing is the ever increasing emergence of the *** wanting profile. These are from the slugs in the ground. One is reported, five more spring. Is it a job that has sprung up on Indeed! Are there profiles on Linkedin? Does seem to be a growth industry.

Posted
10 minutes ago, DaddyBear63 said:

The thing is, many do not get removed. Many of the "Fake" profiles are collectors. They sit around collecting messages , dangling carrots and do not actually do , yes , let's say nothing. Is it a kick they get? Who knows. The other troubling thing is the ever increasing emergence of the *** wanting profile. These are from the slugs in the ground. One is reported, five more spring. Is it a job that has sprung up on Indeed! Are there profiles on Linkedin? Does seem to be a growth industry.

I'm interested in hearing your solution to this 'problem'

Posted
17 minutes ago, DaddyBear63 said:

I for one have no interest in “collecting messages”. A great many of them are unsolicited and unwelcome.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

Edited by Deleted Member
Why not
Posted
38 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

@aranhis, still with the Australian lingo huh?

It's been hard-wired now, I'm forever your Sheila 🤣

Posted
I don’t understand the empty profile thing. Has that ever worked? I’m a cis male and I have absolutely no desire to respond to a wordless avatar.
Posted
Loved reading your profile. Was gonna send a message. Tried sending a gift. Anyways. You are Emotionally Intelligent and available. And are looking for the same. I find most people in the D/S are Narcisstic personalities. I.e. I'm domme and this is how it's going to be./I'm sub and this is how I want to be. Then you have empaths entering the world of D/S and its more of us wanting an caring/sensual d/s type relationship. I.e. fuck my mind first. Then let's get to it. Etc.
Posted

I forgot who said this?.🤔 Members who send negative messages only want reactions. I think the same goes for most of the empty profile members, unless they really don't have any form of intelligence. Thank you to the member who said this. You gave me more peace!😘💕

Posted
I'm here, and I have popcorn, cake and ice cream for the show! 🍿 🍰🍦
I see I already missed the first 'mEn HaVe iT wOrsE'...

I agree, like many I have a busy life to lead, I'm not here to play quizmaster for some purp who wants to chance their arm by spamming 'hiiii' to every profile they see.

Now, back to my ice cream, before it melts...
Posted
9 hours ago, DaddyBear63 said:

That seems to be the truth of it. Men have to put a hell of a lot more effort in. Women without a paid profile seem to get quite a few concessions us poor chaps do not.

the assumption that women have it easier works only if you can only see half the picture

the logic is simple in the sense that men are often the ones making the first contact (effort!) and might not get a response for a number of reasons (so many other men in competition, "fakes and frauds", that their profile doesn't stand out enough, so on) - whereas women of course, well, even a limited low effort profile is going to get a lot of messages, she can be assured of responses no matter how poor her opening message is (it's how so many men get scammed!) and with so many messages she gets the pick, right?

Imagine tomorrow you wake up to, say, 20 messages.  It'd be like... fuck yes... but what would you do? Reply to all 20?  Do you really have the mental capacity to follow 20 conversations at once (spoiler alert : no) especially as some of the messages and profiles will be mixed quality.

Even the most reasonable of person is going to prioritise messaging back those who they can see things in common with on people's profiles, who they have a reference point with, who isn't going to drag them into a cycle of small talk which goes nowhere.  

To say otherwise is completely dishonest.

And then what happens - people start getting pissy that you don't reply to them.   You were conversing with someone but then thought you'd replied back but didn't keep track cos of all the other messages and then it becomes difficult to get that conversation back on track.  You start referencing the wrong person in conversations 

On top of this, keeping up with conversations is extremely time consuming if you give each of these 20 people just 5 minutes of your time it's nearly *2 hours*

And you know. Chances are none of these 20 are a good match for you, but you get told it's easy cos you got 20 messages.

Equally, that  a woman with a limited profile even gets messages says more about how low standards the men have, then it does about her. I often keep saying, if a woman has very little on her profile for you to go off - why is someone even messaging them?

It's only easier if your standards are lower. 

Posted
9 hours ago, DaddyBear63 said:

the problem is we get into fake vs "fake"

of course if someone is catfishing or asking for *** they get removed.   if someone is here but not currently interested they're not "fake" 

the way to avoid the kinda... hydra... profiles is, well, not to sit waiting for newly created accounts to lurk.    I've noticed no real increase in these profiles (did get one message me last night - first time in agessssssss) 

Posted

I can understand empty profiles when someone is new and finding their feet.

I think, of course, some of these profiles do need to somewhat reflect in the sense that if they are not yet ready to put a few bits on their profile, they're not yet ready to reach out to others and need to work on that before beginning to send messages out

but, yeah, not exclusive to this site - but there's folks been about years who've still say with a blank/limited profile and it's like... are you still unwilling to write at least a couple of lines?

Posted

I have said this time and again, but it's worth reiterating for the current subject. The ratio of submissives to Dominants is about 3:1. And male to female profiles are probably about the same. 

This means men (assuming heterosexual) have to compete for attention. It's not a fair playing field looking for connections but that's part of life, it isn't fair. The answer ISN'T to message as many profiles as possible hoping for a hit, it is to put care and dedication into how you present yourself to maximise the chances of success with each person you message. In real terms, changing you chance of a positive reply from 0.001% to 1% sounds unimpressive, but your odds of actually starting a conversation and forming a connection went up by 1,000%. And that was the work of 30 minutes, maybe? 

Dating (and no matter what people say, the Fet app is advertised as a dating app) still very much puts the onus on the man to approach to woman. Why wouldn't you put the care into your presentation that you would in real life? The internet has got people behaving sloppily. 

Ultimately I think the fact we are initially interacting with a screen gives us a certain amount of anonymity. Within that, people show their true nature. So Copper, be thankful. See it as a crude but effective form of self vetting. Anyone who doesn't put the effort in now certainly won't later and you are better off without. 

My two pennies, for what they are worth. 

Posted
21 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

the assumption that women have it easier works only if you can only see half the picture

I SUSPECT that he was referring to certain features of the website/app being freely available to female profiles but requiring a paid membership for male. The example I can think of is sending pictures via private message, though I do not doubt there are others. 

I understand why it has been done, even if it feel unfair to me personally. There are more guys who will send unsolicited dick pics than me, who will send pictures of various cats I have made friends with and Warhammer I have been ***ting. 

Posted
11 hours ago, HeavyHanded said:

But you don't have any full face pictures either. Isn't that the pot calling the the kettle black?

No. It’s not. Because the OP is not asking for a face pic as a profile pic or even for there to be a face pic. The point of the post is: why send a message when your profile is COMPLETELY blank giving the other person NOTHING to work with. 

This kind of message (ie when you have no profile) is entitlement in its basest form. It assumes the receiver owes you time and attention and is here merely to fulfil your needs. 

No pots, no kettles. Face pictures are NOT the point of this post 🤦🏼‍♀️

Posted
11 hours ago, DaddyBear63 said:

Ps, I think you will find the faceless avatar thing is a bit more prevalent with the female of the species. So imagine how the chaps feel :)

Again, this is not about faceless avatars. And also do you get many messages from faceless avatars?

It is about empty profiles. 

You could have a million pics on your profile but nothing written about yourself - I’m very unlikely to reply even if you look like gods gift to women. 

Posted
11 hours ago, Tommo6989 said:

Lost count how many messages i have sent to women, they then reply back, but then all of a sudden I cannot communicate with them as the site says they are verifying the persons profile only for them to be crossed off my msg list for not being genuine. It goes both ways, and because alot of guys on here are simps or certainly act that way from comments they leave beneath pics it plays into the game alot of women play on this site which is being a thirst trap to get likes and some sort of validation without any intention of messaging back a genuine guy who DMs them and doesnt just simply simp. Trust when I say women have it easy on dating apps (including this one) compared to guys.

Utter poppycock!

Posted
11 hours ago, DaddyBear63 said:

That seems to be the truth of it. Men have to put a hell of a lot more effort in. Women without a paid profile seem to get quite a few concessions us poor chaps do not.

Surely the point is if you’re interested in someone you SHOULD put effort in? If it isn’t reciprocated then so be it. But this is NOT a male/female divide and I’m damn sick of hearing that it is. Put the effort in if you like someone, if it isn’t returned don’t them complain about having put in effort. It screams that all you’re after is attention and a quick “fix”

Posted

I feel in the opposite with my profile 🤣 it's like a novel..rarely do people make it to the end. But then that's a good thing. If they can't be bothered to read it all what else will they not bother doing if I was to see them? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mr-Brown said:

I feel in the opposite with my profile 🤣 it's like a novel..rarely do people make it to the end. But then that's a good thing. If they can't be bothered to read it all what else will they not bother doing if I was to see them? 🤷🏽‍♂️

I've been told my profile is too long. And told I'm narrowing my chances of finding what I'm looking for by ruling people out. And told that I'm 'provoking' certain types of people into trying it on. 

My answer: Good. That's the point. I don't want every Tom, Dick & Mary messaging me their essay of information about themselves and inviting me to get in touch if I'm interested.

Hint: I'm not. I want someone who will read what I've written and message if they feel something strikes a chord with them. Someone with a decent profile themselves, so that I can actually have a conversation with them, about what they're/we're interested in. If I've made the effort to create a profile, I expert the other person to be able to match that energy, otherwise it's me doing all the work.