Your Empty Profile

CopperKnob

Posted

I think one of the first difficult things to accept about all online dating is that you can seemingly do everything right and not get results you want.

Dating scams are also big business - and this also sucks for everyone for multiple reasons

Generally; I'm not surprised folk get frustrated and when I say 'folk' I mean everyone from a kinda heteronormative perspective - men frustrated they're not really getting convos, or coffees , but always the scammers - and then for the women aside from the awful messages and so on, then of course when men tell them how 'easy' they have it which has to have a side of "if it's so easy, why aren't I meeting loads of folk then?" - which I guess most could, if they wanted, if they had low standards.

And then for anyone outside of heteronormativity, just how heteronormative a lot of dating sites are

But I think, if you're a guy and you go on someone's profile and she is like "all men are crap, fakes and phonies, don't bother" then you probably, well, wouldn't bother - and the same is true the other way.

This also sucks, but while we all need a place to moan and vent now and then. Alas. Moaning is not attractive.  Though, some do it not to BE attractive.  But, to vent, to get something off your chest.  Which is fine. But then when that becomes your profile, folk see it without the context and just go "nopes"