Nude photos of ex’s. Keep or delete?

ta****

Posted
Searching for helpful advice. I’ve been in an open relationship for a year, and we are both happy. This is my first open relationship, so I’m still learning. In a years time, we have a beautiful connection together. But… I recently discovered my boyfriend has nude images of his ex on his phone. I didn’t see them, but in conversation I discovered this news. What are your thoughts on keeping ex’s nudes when you’ve moved onto a new relationship. Keep or delete? 🖤🖤🖤
Posted
Personally, delete. Why keep the past when you're trying to build a better future?
Posted
Any decent human deletes out of respect
Posted
Post them on the web with his number, for a good time call
Posted
Keep...it is an open relationship right..?
Posted

I know a lot of people are saying delete, but I don't think it's entirely impermissible. We'll break this into two parts:

1. The first consideration is between your boyfriend and his ex. If your boyfriend's ex wouldn't want him to have the pictures anymore, that's the point where he should delete them. If his ex is fine with him keeping them, I don't think there's an issue there, and we can move on to part 2.
  2. The next consideration is between you and your boyfriend, and it's up to you whether you're okay with it. Some people are and some people aren't. Does your open relationship have a no exes rule? I think it'd be kind of weird if he were allowed to sleep with her but you draw the line at pictures, but it really is up to you.

I also want to point out that there's not some rule that because you're in an open relationship, you have to suffer things you're not okay with. You still have a say in the terms of your relationship.

Posted
Think of it as an issue of consent, if she’s moved on and wont be intimate with you anymore then my should you have intimate things of hers? Ask her if she is ok with you keeping them and viewing them, if she isn’t ok, then delete. If she is ok then have at it.
Posted
If it’s a current partner that has photos of an ex, then that’s a little trickier. Best to ask them about it. Is it an old flame they can’t let go of? Or is it something else
Posted
Apologies for the weird post syntax, this app has been giving me grief lately lol
Posted
If you are done with the relationship you should be done with the pictures as well but that is only my opinion. I deleted the person from my life so I should delete the pictures too.
Posted

Photography is a hobby of mine and often my sub will agree to pose for for a shoot and for the pictures to be uploaded to my profile. Anyone I photograph for that purpose signs a release agreeing to the use of those pictures. I don't believe I should throw my artwork in the bin by default simply because my relationship with that person has ended. If I'm asked by a former partner to take a picture down then that's different. 

Regarding general pictures kept privately between the two of you, It really depends on the reasons for keeping them and the agreement made between you. Personally I delete as soon as things have ended.

Posted

Images are history and I like to retain my history. That said, they're only ever stored on secure physical memory sticks or hard drives - no-one bar me can ever view them. ***s of unauthorised access are removed, I keep my memories. I instantly remove posted images on request but if a subject has any doubts at the time then no images are captured.

Posted
Pictures are memories and mementos. One is entitled to their memories, always unless one would rather forget, and to mementos too unless the receiver or the gifter wants otherwise. But....
Why nude pictures should be treated differently than other pictures? If we have, say, an eye kink should we delete every single memento of someone's face and eyes?
That said, one of my ex took the decision for me, went into my laptop when I was not there and deleted every single picture of my previous exes. I was not happy at all with that.
Posted
Delete, no matter what, that's history between you two and intimate photos of an ex shouldn't be held onto, move on its as simple as that from my point of view
Posted

Personally I'd delete them for a few reasons.  Integrity and once they are an ex I don't want any emotional items brought up by accident, once we are ex's it's time to move on mentally and emotionally.

Integrity as tbh it's not fare on the other partner knowing you have these pics, iv'e always said i delete anything personal and i expect the same of them.

Posted

Really surprised at all the flat keeps. I certainly get wanting to keep them. I'm as sentimental as it gets, so I'd absolutely love to keep pretty much everything. The problem is that it's not just about me. For the other person, these pictures were possibly considered a consensual sexual act at the time, and if that consent is now revoked, getting rid of them is the decent thing to do. I think if you care about the memories of a person, the last thing you should want is make them regret making those memories with you in the first place. 

Posted
Two things for me
As a current partner, I personally wouldn't appreciate it
Secondly, what was the agreement between your partner and their ex and what is the current agreement?
Posted
I personally keep the pics if I break with them with good relations. But certainly deleted the ones which would bring negative emotions to me. I am currently in open relationships and my gf frequently asks me of my exes and on the other hand talks about theirs and we have lots of fun gossiping about them. But it seems I am on the minority here :D
  • 2 weeks later...
Glasgowdom1991
Posted
Delete them it is safer for everyone
Posted

1/ you are with him so it shouldn’t matter unless you are insecure?

2/ does it have the consent to keep them after the break up and to show them to anyone? And that one should matter to you as he will have pics of you when you two break up…