Bad skin

ch****

Posted
So, I have psoriasis. It’s been the hammer crushing my self esteem since I was six years old. It’s always there in the back of my head that even if I can get to the meeting someone point, at some crossroads I’m going to have to tell them about it and face the possible shut down of everything so far.

In you opinion, at what point should I bring this up? I mean, I don’t want to lead with that, but I also don’t want to leave it so long as to look like I’m hiding it or so long that it’s that more crushing when I’m suddenly ghosted (yes, that happens a lot).

I was in one relationship for 25 years and had hoped this would never be an issue again, but here I am divorced at 46 with no experience for a quarter century behind me meeting new partners so advice would be welcome.
Posted
When I was 16 I had psoriasis everywhere on my parents actually had some medicate me and rot me up in Saran wrap every night it was so bad we moved to Florida I spent about the 3 months at Daytona Beach everyday on the sources went away I don't drink alcohol which is a big adherence to psoriasis and I don't eat believe it or not read me once the temperature gets below 50° on that was told for me he died a very very old woman when I was in my 20s it's worked for me I do get bouts every now and then but I know it's it's usually if I cheat in the winter and eat red meat but it never gets bad enough where I have to go to a dermatologist
Posted
Looks fine to me based on those selfies! Everybody has their issues, I'd only mention it from the get go if it has like a really noticeable texture in places or something and you're like, getting intimate. I doubt most people will really care all that much though. Best of luck!
Posted
Hey Chaz, I feel for u, and meeting someone nowadays is a damn struggle even in a perfect world.
My opinion (discount it for what it's worth) is to mention it early or inside of ur profile.
I think it would be worse to meet an click and then it causes a feeling of loss.
Wishing u the best and hope u won't give up. We all got someone out there for us, at least I hope. Still looking myself.
Posted
I had a partner with psoriasis, it was nbd - she just communicated if she was in *** or didn’t want to be touched in specific places.

People that would ghost you for something like that are probably jerks anyway, not that that’s much of a comfort.

Good luck!
Posted
I've had chronic eczema and psoriasis for 31 years.
There is no right or wrong time to bring it up. It depends on you.
I've been in and out of hospital since I was born with it and it was always hard to bring it up with partners but when you are covered in rashes it's kind hard to avoid.
Eastbourneguy
Posted
I have suffered for years with psoriasis, I haven't found a problem with a genuine partner.

My advice is be upfront and open about it.

Biologics have been life changing, you
Eastbourneguy
Posted
1 minute ago, Eastbourneguy said:

I have suffered for years with psoriasis, I haven't found a problem with a genuine partner.

My advice is be upfront and open about it.

Biologics have been life changing, you

Sorry, was having problems typing on the app.

If you have the option for going for biologic treatments, snap it up

Posted
The right people won't see it as an issue, get to know someone and let it come up naturally. I'd like to think if someone has got to know you and are interested at that point it won't matter to them
Posted
Take lysine and you don’t need to tell anyone they should like you for you not your skin
Posted
Fellow psoriasis here, I didn’t say anything unless I felt like they were going to see me naked. Unfortunately if you don’t warn people they automatically assume it’s contagious or something. Maybe it’s because I’m a woman, but most people didn’t seem to care as much as you’d think. If you need anything DM me, I’ve tried it all, lol.
Posted
3 hours ago, Juxtaprosed said:
Looks fine to me based on those selfies! Everybody has their issues, I'd only mention it from the get go if it has like a really noticeable texture in places or something and you're like, getting intimate. I doubt most people will really care all that much though. Best of luck!

Thanks. I based the selfies around avoiding the bad buys though. Mostly on the back of my upper arms and just below my knees, but a bit in my trunk too. It’s very hideable with the right clothes but totally noticeable without

Posted
I had a partner that had psoriasis and it was really emotional for him to tell me. However it was very obvious that it was ***ful to experience. I took up the conversation with how to help or at least not to injure him. It was discussed very openly and honestly. Was at the beginning of the relationship. Hope that helps any.
Posted
I have an endocrine disorder that causes skin reactions all the time x it can be difficult to explain and 100% makes me really self conciouss too. Im always upfront though, i cant relax until i've said, sometimes i send pictures to help understanding. If someone cant see past a medical condition that you are sharing in trust with them, they arent for you anyway xx
Posted

Swagger mate! Noone gives a f**k if you dont!. A loooong time friend of mine has exczema all over his arms and legs. Probably other places too but I've not seen him that disrobed 😅. But this guy! This guy is one of the best ladies man I've ever seen.

This is going to sound so minimal but really does have a large effect. You should write post it notes and stick them on your mirror a new positive about yourself every day and maybe a negative one. Then in that day work to be able to remove that negative one from the mirror. Like you can't change your skin. But youre more than your skin. Maybe completing a kink course. Watching a video on flirting in this day and age. I dunno just some growth. Like we all have flaws...I'm 5ft 5 with a nose that hooks like a walrus, but I do alright because I use my endless imagination to scinitaltw and excite my subs...as a Dom if you were to so wish you could do a whole session with your sub blindfolded and bound. So there what's on your arms and knees isn't really as important as what toys you use. How you use your tone and touch. Sorry if that's a bit of a ramble and not really what you asked. But I hope it helps

Posted
1 hour ago, letchworth486 said:

Swagger mate! Noone gives a f**k if you dont!. A loooong time friend of mine has exczema all over his arms and legs. Probably other places too but I've not seen him that disrobed 😅. But this guy! This guy is one of the best ladies man I've ever seen.

This is going to sound so minimal but really does have a large effect. You should write post it notes and stick them on your mirror a new positive about yourself every day and maybe a negative one. Then in that day work to be able to remove that negative one from the mirror. Like you can't change your skin. But youre more than your skin. Maybe completing a kink course. Watching a video on flirting in this day and age. I dunno just some growth. Like we all have flaws...I'm 5ft 5 with a nose that hooks like a walrus, but I do alright because I use my endless imagination to scinitaltw and excite my subs...as a Dom if you were to so wish you could do a whole session with your sub blindfolded and bound. So there what's on your arms and knees isn't really as important as what toys you use. How you use your tone and touch. Sorry if that's a bit of a ramble and not really what you asked. But I hope it helps

😂 you have a great nose!

Posted
You should see it from the side, the things practically falling off my face 😂 (I know I'm self deprecating but it really doesn't bother me..ill get it sorted if it ever does.)but thanks for the compliment 😚
Posted
Hey there hun a few years back i was a bilt hella inshape guy who loved working and taken care of his family .... In 2018 i was in a massive logging accident (story for another time) but before i was hurt and married i use to be the first one naked hangin out and partying with a few friends.... Loved livin nude wen possible since accident im a above knee amputee not too mention other injuries and scars and prity sure the ol melon was prity shaken up but my point is i went from look at me look at me to i didnt even want my wife of 15 year.. my best friend for over 20 to see me naked now but im slowly learning to accept it is me now and besides i would be hella fuckin rich if people fell in love with me for my skin and my opinion of my looks its hard and i struugle with it but explane to them and honestly as beautiful as you are im sure your soul is just as beautiful if not more i bet they arent even gonna see it not like you do people are for the most part grown ups now and if u pay attention they understand things and accept thing better than wen we were kids pickin on eachother 🤏🤷🖤❤️🔥
Posted
I have psoriasis as well. Popped up in my 30s. When not on my injection it can cover 75% of my body, it’s on my face, scalp, and inside my ears. As far as bringing it up, I think it is some you should openly discuss if it fits the conversation. If someone has the intention to be in a relationship with you, they will care for you regardless of having psoriasis. Since having psoriasis myself for the last 14 years I have been in half a dozen relationships and if anything it was good for my psoriasis. They were all good at slapping my hands when I started to scratch or would help me put my medications on. Some even like jabbing me with my epipens once a month 😝. Great way to play doctor!
Posted
You. Should go to the ocean and go in the water that help you a lot
Posted
My ex has eczema. It never was an issue between us. Hopefully you find someone that will look into learning about your condition and find ways to not cause it to flare. Shouldn’t be something that someone walks away from you over. And if they do, it says something about them, not you.
Posted
Epson salts and oatmeal help and you only have to tell a potential play partner when your comfortable