What do you think when someone says they have "NO LIMITS"?

OT****

Posted

So you're reading someone's profile and it says they have no limits.

What do you think?

Posted
They are lying. Everyone has a limit. They just haven’t found it yet
Posted
seems like they don't know themselves enough to say they have no limits - that's usually what I think...
Posted
That they are either too new to understand what they are saying, or they are assuming that most people read that as "no Limits within reason" - or- they are looking for a TPE and willing to fully trust their Dom/Domme to respect them as a human and not do anything stupid.

I've known a few couples that were "No Limits" in that last regards. The sub had always had limits. But, once they committed to the TPE, they dropped the limitations on their Dom trusting them to respect it. But, also willing to accept if those limits were violated. In all 3 cases, the Dom's cared enough to respect the sub's previous limits, and were honored to know they were trusted enough to not have to have limits imposed on them. - their relationships were built on a solid foundation of trust and respect.
Posted
I generally move on very swiftly as they obviously don't know what they're talking about - however if someone messages me and suggests they have no limits I usually ask if they'd be happy to have a body part amputated or the word "SLUT" tattooed across their forehead - amazing how fast they suddenly have limits then!!
Posted

What I think is "Run!" 

Everybody Has Limits and if I hear someone say otherwise then I will challenge them; “Here’s a hammer and a rusty nail, I’d like you to hammer it into your head!…… No?…… That's a limit!!”

I understand that there are situations where people give up all of their limits such as in an M/s or TPE dynamic. But these are established relationships where limits were discussed and agreed in advance.

Posted
My first reaction is, "I don't think it means what they think it means". That's usually only said by people that have no concept that some people get off on some very extreme things. Example : cock roaches, maggots, amputation and others. I've met many who say no limits but when faced with certain things when taking about it, they can't believe people would do this. Now nine of these are my thing, but they are out there.
Posted
That he/she is ignorant about the matter (usually too young...). Or a scammer 😉.
Posted
I think they’re either nuts, don’t know their limits (they WILL find them) or are taking the mickey…
Posted
They arnt familiar with a LOT of different kinks out there. Things they wouldnt dream of.
Maybe they think 'no limits' to what they enjoy without thinking about others.
Generally when ive had conversation with people who have 'no limits' and i point out amputations are a 'kink' to some, they then gulp and reconsider lol.
Posted
Attention whoring/scammer. The former is accompanied by a littany of public posts and ads that are very descriptive and open about their activities.
If they're neither of those things or it isn't immediadely obvious, they're (likely) too inexperienced to understand what a limit is in a context of kink. It becomes obvious during the first few minutes of speaking to them they do indeed have limits, many of them in fact. I have yet to meet and speak to someone who truly has no limits.
Posted
45 minutes ago, gemini_man said:
I generally move on very swiftly as they obviously don't know what they're talking about - however if someone messages me and suggests they have no limits I usually ask if they'd be happy to have a body part amputated or the word "SLUT" tattooed across their forehead - amazing how fast they suddenly have limits then!!

I absolutely agree with you. Mention scat and their mouth and that usually does it.

Posted

they say "no limits" but it really translates to "no idea about kink" 

some people say it because they hope it makes them more desirable; but in reality it just makes them look lacking

of course there are people who are genuine 'no limits' but they also have the sense to know not to approach people in that way because of how many timewasters do it.   

Posted
I agree with the other posters. If one says they have “no limits” they are apparently inexperienced and do not understand the basics of human relational dynamics let alone power dynamics. When someone says this to me, my thoughts always go to “I wonder if they would let me saw their legs off” (this is sarcasm). I would hope that those of us who consider ourselves Dominant would educate those who believe they have no limits.
Posted
That they either haven't found them or aren't being honest.
Posted
4 minutes ago, AZ_Daddy said:

I would hope that those of us who consider ourselves Dominant would educate those who believe they have no limits.

There's a phrase that springs to mind that includes banging heads, walls and bricks. I think many start out with good intentions of trying to educate these individuals but are often met with "but I'm different"......... You can lead a horse to water.......

Posted

Not only as most say a red flag and a warning to stay away from or if they are new advise them.

It also shows they have no idea of kink and should be avoided at all costs as a danger not only to themselves but the people they wish to play with.

I see a constant stream of new people saying "no limits" they just don't know the kink scene at all, there are some aspects most would shudder at and people who would take advantage of this persons naivety.  

I always suggest to those who don't know ask questions no matter how stupid they think it might be to them, someone will always try to advise them, and if you get mocked the person mocking should be shunned and advised they were new once.