Making new friends

Posted

Making new freinds as an adult is hard 😭 haha. I just moved to a new city (Leeds UK) I would like to get to know local people with similar interests/personality types. I find it hard to find any apps or websites to meet local alternatives/creatives and wondered if anyone knows any good sites that might have like minded people but are non kink related? Thank you ❤️

Posted

Please feel free to make recommendations, but no external links thank you 

Posted
Hello Alice….. you could start obviously by doing a location search on here, and narrowing down the parameters to find the people you would like to chat with. I know first hand that there are some lovely people from Leeds on here, so I guess it just depends on who you are searching for ?…..

This site is very good for making contacts - just make sure you complete as much of your profile as you can - and are comfortable with.

People need to know at least a little bit about you before they will show interest .. but then that is true in any aspect of life.

Have fun, and stay safe.

DarkArts.
Posted
There are some dating apps that let you select a "friends search mode", but if your target is to find someone with similar interests to yours, you could as well start here, just be clear on your profile about it. I could be a good friend and a good local guide, well, when you decide to live here in Italy at least 😉
Posted
For non-kink related friendships I'd suggest perhaps doing a local search on Google or even Facebook around your interests - might throw up some events or similar to attend.
Or if there's a particular creative interest you have look and see if there are any night classes or interest groups locally for it.
I've found Facebook a great way to find area specific activities - most areas seem to have their own Facebook groups these days, and within those groups you get all kinds of activities posted, or can post yourself looking for others with similar interests.
Having just done a quick Google I see there's a Leeds Alternative Market - might be worth checking out when it is and getting along.
Ultimately though whatever your interest it will take a little "putting yourself out there" which I know not everyone is comfortable doing - but just getting along to events etc locally can only start to open doors at least.
Posted (edited)

when I moved to my place had the same issue I didn’t know any one around, but I used the website Meetup* or you can use their apps as well to find groups/activities that you are interested in your local area. There’s numerous activities groups on the website you just choose the topic you might be interested in and you’ll get an email/notification of anything happening around you. You can even create your own group for something you don’t find there ! Have fun !

Edited by Deleted Member
*external link removed
Posted
Must admit I moved to near Leeds last year and have found it a little difficult finding friends and groups nearby
Posted
Thank you for the advice I have joined a few Facebook groups locally but don't seem to fit the demographic there but I will keep searching and thank you for the information on the website called Meetup I haven't heard of that before and likely there's some groups there I could join :) x
Posted
Im not sure on how to find local people been trying myself. So far no luck maybe try facebook its the onluly thing i havent tried cause i dont use the platform. I always found fb to be a little toxic. If you find anything let me know and ill do the same ttfn
Posted
2 hours ago, portumna612 said:
Try living in Ireland 🙄 it's like a ghost town

Haha I guess if you live more rural outside the city's 😅 But I think I would like the peace also 🤔

Posted
1 hour ago, druidgonewild said:
Im not sure on how to find local people been trying myself. So far no luck maybe try facebook its the onluly thing i havent tried cause i dont use the platform. I always found fb to be a little toxic. If you find anything let me know and ill do the same ttfn

I think most people I have ever met male and female strangely are from pubs which I guess is a big part of UK culture but I think as a female especially you need someone to go with in the first place to meet those new people which is difficult after moving somewhere new! I guess for Facebook it's finding the specific groups for specific interests then hoping there's anyone in there that's local to you haha. Otherwise maybe walking round with a sign on your head saying please be my freind 😂😂

Posted
I used to enjoy FaceParty.
There's online Forums too, and of course the chat lobby here to see if anyone is local to you!😊
Posted
*MeetUp is great, too. Lots of different events to attend and new people to meet🙂
Posted
If youre open to non-local friends feel free to contact me! I know its not the same, but it helps with the feeling of having a network and might make it easier to make irl friends
Posted
While primarily focused on kink as a reason to gather, the local munches are a good place to network for non-kink stuff as well as kink. Some are the traditional sort while others focus on (in the case of Leeds) metal music or board games.
Posted
5 hours ago, littlebabyalice said:

Haha I guess if you live more rural outside the city's 😅 But I think I would like the peace also 🤔

It is nice and peaceful that's true 😅

Posted

There will always be groups advertising with specific agendas like up here we have "The pagan Society", "Moots" but i remember years ago joining the local "under 35's walking group" similar interests, most meet up once a week or monthly.  The nearest Uni will also advertise quite a few events that are not just for students.

Posted
Can definitely relate. Only place I can think of is work but that’s a bad idea 😅
Posted
I’m not sure about the UK but here in the states there is an app that has both a dating and a friend side. If I remember correctly it rhymes with humble. I hope it’s available in your area and helps.
Posted
2 hours ago, alwaysthenewgirl said:
I’m not sure about the UK but here in the states there is an app that has both a dating and a friend side. If I remember correctly it rhymes with humble. I hope it’s available in your area and helps.

Aye its bumble

Posted
I'm from Manchester a big city and still find it hard to find and make friends close by.
Posted

I think a lot hinges on what are these interests?  So if I moved to a city and wanted to make new friends then I might probably just visit places relevant to interests

So whether that's going to gigs or clubs relevant to the music I like, whether it's going to assorted geek spaces, or from a kink perspective going to a munch

While I wouldn't rule out online that it's again easier to post in a local group relevant to whatever the interest is