Let's improve Fetish.com together!

Katiefox

Posted
12 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

It is also possible to search for forum topics on the Mobile Desktop   Tap on your photo in the top right hand corner of the screen and it will bring up a new menu, select the browse heading and on the drop down menu that appears there is a search bar and from there you can search for forum topics. 

On the Desktop, there is a search section at the top of the forum main page. 

I use mobile desktop and tried that, there is nothing in the browser for searching forums 

PixieDust
Posted
6 minutes ago, Chiana said:

I use mobile desktop and tried that, there is nothing in the browser for searching forums 

There is only one section to search in the browse heading,  on the search bar it says Users, Events, Dating.... 🔍 If you type a topic in there it will search in the forum also. I use it regularly and it will bring up topics. If you put a keyword in, it will list a few things and its a matter of scrolling down the page to see the forum topics and it will normally say Discussions about and then what ever your key word was next to it.  It will list a few then also have the option of ...more next to it which you can tap on also to take you additional topics on the subject you are searching if there is any.  Hope I have explained that ok. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Chiana said:

How about having a search bar on the forum? We have all created a forum post to only have fet say the topic has been covered and doesn't post. That can be really annoying if you have just spent an hour or 2 writing something to only have fet not post it. A keyword search bar could save the disappointment of having this happen. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

I would flip out if I spent my time writing something to share with my community only to have an unmanned algorithm tell me "been there done that".
If we want folks to be paying for an experience then fet has to do better.
A topic has "already been covered" is a cop out.
I might choose to respond to one person rather than another even if the topic is verbatim. Again that should be member's choice rather than a computer's restriction.
Premium sites have premium features not these pedestrian flaws.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Chiana said:

It's not particularly obvious but if you enter a topic in the search bar Pixie indicated - it will provide a section by section of the whole site where there are hits, including the forums

Posted
2 hours ago, Chiana said:

How about having a search bar on the forum? We have all created a forum post to only have fet say the topic has been covered and doesn't post. That can be really annoying if you have just spent an hour or 2 writing something to only have fet not post it. A keyword search bar could save the disappointment of having this happen. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Also; you shouldn't have to search to see if a topic has been discussed already. Your post should have went through and a tag to the previous conversation should have been made available to you to connect or reference to.
When you join a bunch of friends at a bar and start discussing the latest episode of "For All Mankind", an algorithm robot doesn't gag you and forbid your interaction.
Instead your friends leap onto your every word. They're excited to hear your individual take on it.
Can you imagine if you joined a chat to get the room's quick take on a belt you wanted to wear that evening, only to have the room moderator step in and say "covered already" and restrict your post?
Neither can I.

Posted
And I call bullshit on the invisible mode. Who sets up a channel for feedback without providing the recognition and praise for taking the time to provide such feedback.
I give put Starbucks gift cards for people that leave feedback after my seminars.
Why?
Because feedback from my clients is gold.
Fet should be thanking every person that comments on here personally.
Invisible mode. That's 100% laughable and you know it.
"Thank you @katiefox for your efforts to improve Fet. As members we'll strive to continue to give you the feedback to better your product at no cost to you!"
There.
Took 39 seconds. I'd say your members are worth 39 seconds, wouldn't you agree?
Prove you're reading this in invisible mode and respond or LIKE this comment. Then Come off it for good.
In my experidnce... invisible mode doesn't restrict you from acknowledging your consumers.
It just hides you from them. Consider not doing that.
Premium sites have premium features.
Posted
50 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

There is only one section to search in the browse heading,  on the search bar it says Users, Events, Dating.... 🔍 If you type a topic in there it will search in the forum also. I use it regularly and it will bring up topics. If you put a keyword in, it will list a few things and its a matter of scrolling down the page to see the forum topics and it will normally say Discussions about and then what ever your key word was next to it.  It will list a few then also have the option of ...more next to it which you can tap on also to take you additional topics on the subject you are searching if there is any.  Hope I have explained that ok. 

I found it, but that is very hidden. Surely it would be better just to add a search bar where start a new topic is. 

HSDMASTER
Posted

Giving this needs to approved by a moderator, I doubt it will get posted and I fully expect to get another penalty point for speaking up. Lets discuss the specific issue raised and how we can improve the site as it relates to it. Particularly interested to hear from those who have experienced it.

Like on other sites and in society, I am concerned by the mistreatement of men on this site and the support of it by some moderators in punishing the men aka protect female perpetrators at all cost. Similar to what we are seeing in society where females are never corrected or held accountable for their errors. I suggest that men should not live in *** of upsetting females or being punished for speaking directly or having different views or expressing their preferences.

Instead of a site where both men and women can feel safe to be on, men are constantly being spoken to rudely,  people of colour receive prejudice insults and worse men are punished with penalty points for having preferences or reporting their mistreatment.

Why is that females can express their preference often rudely and belittling men and its ok but when men express their preferences directly they are punished? Female feelings often delusional is proritized over reality/objectivity etc. Another moderator or purplepie instead of listening to the feedback, investigating and correcting it instead responds with issuing penalty and warning to get off the site if you don't like it? I wonder if a female has ever been  responded to in that.

LETS IMPROVE THIS SITE AND MAKE IT A PLACE SAFE  FOR ALL WHERE DIFFERENCES ARE NOT PUNISHED:

To demonstrate transparency in its handling of members

1)The site should release Data on men that have been punish and why V females?

2) The makeup of its moderators by gender?

3) Change in policy that specific reasons are attached to any penalty notice and supporting evidence attached of any investigation done to reach such a conclusion. This will eliviate any potential of bias or prejudice.

4)Any other men who has been at the end of any mistreatment , feel free to speak up. Moderators may not approve your post but worth trying to raise awareness.

5) Another way is better training/selection of moderators to ensure we don't have any moderators who just pander to female feelings and cannot respect men having preferences and expressing it directly. This site needs to hire more male moderators who can be objective in their decision making and handle feedback maturely not emotionally. Moderators who understand that men and women are different and not punish men for being men. Understand that some males are weak "happy to walk on eggshells" sub types that pander to females and others are men who speak honestly/directly and that is ok too.

Posted
5 hours ago, absolutdoc said:

an unmanned algorithm tell me "been there done that".

new forum topics are always manually approved.

it's something I think can be difficult to juggle because actually it is counterproductive to have multiple topics on the exact same thing especially in a short period of time

This said, I think there does need to be tact and discretion of whether the user can be pointed to where they should make their post and/or whether the post can be merged into that thread

But on the flip we've had complaints on here from folk complaining about threads being to repetitive even with the tact and discretion 

Posted

What is going on with the picture rating again, uploaded 2 pictures that have been given 18+ that shouldn't be. Yesterday fet deleted a picture that was just a close up of my face a screenshot of an asfw pic already uploaded. And one picture that would most probably be 18+ is asfw.....wtf is going on it's ridiculous 

Posted

I'm sorry but this has to be said. This site has a list of problems! I've been a member here on and off since FET was about 6 months old. Over that time the site has improved a few things but never addressed the problems people have constantly with it.

These are some things FET nead to look at because some of them actually punish people for no reason. 

First off is people being able to make an account and have no profile filled out no photo nothing, yet they can enter the chat room and start harassing other members. 

Photo verification time for profile pictures and it's rating system is really not fit for purpose. It is like playing roulette when you upload a picture, for example I upload 2 of the same picture at different angles, one is set as asfw whilst the other can end up 18+. There is many other ways that can end up.

The time issue on pictures verifying is another thing all together. Anywhere from straight away to who knows when. or even if it's getting passed.

What is the point in profile verification? None as far as I can see. Reason being at any point in time for a multitude of reasons you can be shut out of your profile expected to verify again. Normally this happens because someone else  reports the profile and can do this for absolutely no reason what's so ever. This needs to change because this unnecessary punishes the member with a guilty before proven innocent attitude. You are now locked out of your profile until you verify again. This has both of the same problems as picture verification but worse because you are now locked out too. 

If someone is reporting your profile they need to prove something to do so, not just some machine response of booting the other member for them to prove innocents. 

There are many more things I could add to this. If these problems alone were fixed it would improve the user experience by alot. I can't justify paying *** to be a member whilst there are too many flaws and pit falls. Just fix these things at least 

Posted
13 hours ago, Chiana said:

Over that time the site has improved a few things but never addressed the problems people have constantly with it.

I totally agree. some of the things you raise here; especially the picture frustration - have been grumbles since the early days and no matter what they change, it never seems to get any better :/ 

Posted
On 1/16/2024 at 11:48 PM, Chiana said:

What is going on with the picture rating again, uploaded 2 pictures that have been given 18+ that shouldn't be. Yesterday fet deleted a picture that was just a close up of my face a screenshot of an asfw pic already uploaded. And one picture that would most probably be 18+ is asfw.....wtf is going on it's ridiculous 

To address this question and the broader one you raised in the following post...

Picture verification is done by paid members (seemingly on the basis that they can see 18+ photos and others can't)  Now I'm commenting based on a previous birthday bump I received so may not be 100%.

You rate the pictures based on guidelines provided by the site.  You then get feedback about your rating based on how others rated the same photo.  It was very clear to me that many people did not follow the sites rating guide.  I suspect the final result is a net result of multiple votes.  This could explain how a) it can take a long time for photos to be approved b) the inconsistencies in designations.

There was no way to challenge any obviously incorrect negative feedback, it just knocked your score down.  I don't know if they use the scores to dictate what a final category is for a photo (that would make some sense).

Even though I have been a 'paid' member and went through age verification, I can no longer rate photos saying I need to be age verified, when what they mean is I need to be a paid member (just be honest)

"a screenshot of an asfw pic already uploaded" one of the guidelines says no screenshots, so could explain why it was deleted.

Posted
10 hours ago, UK_Knight said:

Picture verification is done by paid members (seemingly on the basis that they can see 18+ photos and others can't)  Now I'm commenting based on a previous birthday bump I received so may not be 100%.

I'm not 100% sure on the process - I actually hadn't realised the user verification was still a thing - but - for example, I've just gone in - there was a LONG run of SFW - People, and one or two 'something's off' but in the repetitive clicks of 'SFW People' one was clearly not safe for work, and I can't undo once I've clicked

I know there is also AI involved in categorising pics and also human intervention further down the line - so - if a bunch of folk are tagging in error and the AI misses this then you get leftfield results.  

I know the process has changed over time, but whatever the process actually is, or has been, a lot of the same frustrations still exist :/ 

NathalieG
Posted

Hello everyone,

this topic was created so that we can all improve fetish.com together. We all want to make fetish.com a satisfying kinky experience. Unfortunately, the reverse has been the case for some time now. People criticise, but not constructively. So this is no longer about improving things, but about listing what subjectively doesn't work as some members would like it to. We cannot go into individual cases here as to why a picture was rated FSK-18, for example - and this is also not a constructive suggestion for improvement.  We will close here at this point - for now. We will see what constructive suggestions have been made and how they can actually be implemented. We would like to thank the many members who have thought about this and who have actively supported and thought about it. You are great.

Kind regards

Nathalie

Community Team