Let's improve Fetish.com together!

Katiefox

Posted
50 minutes ago, HatfieldMaster said:

Stop being silly. Of course i'm not going to enter my credit card details ANY random site that i visit, but if i've done my checks and want to join the site, then its a reasonable expectation. You're literally arguing that people who want to use the site for FREE should not be obliged to do something that PAYING customers have to.

There are loads of dating / phone apps that use mobile number as a way of identifying unique users. What's so strange or outrageous about that? And what's so outrageous about asking people to verify their identity, just as betting/gambling sites do? The only reason dating sites don't do it is because they benefit from having fake profiles engaging with users.

Cost? What cost? The site already accepts credit cards. Doing a credit card check take seconds and costs nothing. Same for mobile phone numbers. How costly is it to send a text message to the mobile number with a verification code? There is no human interaction / staff costs involved.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree as this will just end up going in ever decreasing circles to no point especially as you appear to be missing most of mine.

Posted
We need a Sexuality filter. Im tired pf straight girls filling my search. I need women into women. And hide me from men .
Posted

Why aren't notifications sent for comments on photos or statuses? 

Is this a feature I've somehow accidentally opted out of or need to opt in for? 

Posted
15 hours ago, rubythelioness said:
We need a Sexuality filter. Im tired pf straight girls filling my search. I need women into women. And hide me from men .

There are a number of filters under the search option here that will help with the first part of that:
Firstly you can adjust at the top to only get results showing women.
Secondly right at the bottom is a filter for "orientation" that allows you to select from gay, straight, bi, bi-curious etc.
Finally, and I'm not sure if this one applies to women also, but I have a slider on my search filters that allows me to show "Only people looking for men" - so am guessing there may be similar for female profiles that only shows those looking for women.
Unfortunately I don't believe there's anything to hide you from men - but perhaps making it clear in your profile text you're only looking for women will deter at least some of them.

Posted
Saturday at 12:21 PM, HatfieldMaster said:

Stop being silly. Of course i'm not going to enter my credit card details ANY random site that i visit, but if i've done my checks and want to join the site, then its a reasonable expectation. You're literally arguing that people who want to use the site for FREE should not be obliged to do something that PAYING customers have to.

There are loads of dating / phone apps that use mobile number as a way of identifying unique users. What's so strange or outrageous about that? And what's so outrageous about asking people to verify their identity, just as betting/gambling sites do? The only reason dating sites don't do it is because they benefit from having fake profiles engaging with users.

Cost? What cost? The site already accepts credit cards. Doing a credit card check take seconds and costs nothing. Same for mobile phone numbers. How costly is it to send a text message to the mobile number with a verification code? There is no human interaction / staff costs involved.

Don’t think having credit cards entered is beneficial and think it would deter many users at the joining up point. Yes, it would reduce scammers but it would also reduce people signing up because they have concerns about why this information is taken.

I don’t think you’re allowed to hold data not specifically relevant either, so it might create a legal issue, although I’m not certain how data protection etc applies in this case.

Holding phone numbers may have some benefit but ultimately you can get mobiles that are unregistered. So it’s not foolproof.

Many want to maintain anonymity and these are things that would threaten that anonymity, whether or not that threat is justified or a real risk. It’s unfair to judge all by the behaviour of one.

Posted
On 9/26/2023 at 12:54 PM, eyemblacksheep said:

But I know you can appeal if you felt points you were given were unfair.   

Where does this happen please? I've had some in the past that you HAVE to accept before you have access to the site again to appeal. I personally feel points given should be able to have appealed instead of accepting them, if necessary.  And how can you appeal if it doesn't state by whom, when or why you were penalised? I can't speak recently as I haven't been given any, but from the past there was no indication of wrong doing or ability to appeal without having the accept the ones given then to find support to issue a ticket and wait yonks on a response.

Hopefully they've changed the points system to give reason and or quote of wrong doing to either accept OR appeal at the time? 

One can hope 🤞

Posted
4 hours ago, gemini_man said:

Unfortunately I don't believe there's anything to hide you from men - but perhaps making it clear in your profile text you're only looking for women will deter at least some of them.

This is wishful thinking. Mines said that for months, but brings about the ole "but men don't read" thing lol

Still get dms, spanks, comments and vulgar smut in my inbox.

Profile has all genders/boxes ticked cus I won't limit friendships but sadly cus people don't read the unwanted advances keep happening. 😞

Posted
51 minutes ago, Jeneral_Whore said:

This is wishful thinking. Mines said that for months, but brings about the ole "but men don't read" thing lol

Still get dms, spanks, comments and vulgar smut in my inbox.

Profile has all genders/boxes ticked cus I won't limit friendships but sadly cus people don't read the unwanted advances keep happening. 😞

Precisely why I clearly stated "will deter at least *some* of them" - and given the person I was responding to doesn't say it at all was valid advice I thought

Posted
7 hours ago, gemini_man said:

There are a number of filters under the search option here that will help with the first part of that:
Firstly you can adjust at the top to only get results showing women.
Secondly right at the bottom is a filter for "orientation" that allows you to select from gay, straight, bi, bi-curious etc.
Finally, and I'm not sure if this one applies to women also, but I have a slider on my search filters that allows me to show "Only people looking for men" - so am guessing there may be similar for female profiles that only shows those looking for women.

If its available i dont see it on the app must only be the website cause my filter options are very limited. The only 3 options im shown are age, gender, and relationship status. Maybe its the app itself that needs work.

Posted
38 minutes ago, rubythelioness said:

If its available i dont see it on the app must only be the website cause my filter options are very limited. The only 3 options im shown are age, gender, and relationship status. Maybe its the app itself that needs work.

There are a number of us who've been here a while who have given up trying to use the app and just use the website bc the app is a lot more buggy

Posted
43 minutes ago, rubythelioness said:

No is the app I'm on too - think you may be looking under "Spanks" if you go to the next one along "Browse" all the options I listed and more are available.

Posted
6 hours ago, Jeneral_Whore said:

Where does this happen please? I've had some in the past that you HAVE to accept before you have access to the site again to appeal. I personally feel points given should be able to have appealed instead of accepting them, if necessary.  And how can you appeal if it doesn't state by whom, when or why you were penalised?

from understanding - you appeal via a ticket at support : basically asking to clarify why points were given etc. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Chloebear said:

Don’t think having credit cards entered is beneficial and think it would deter many users at the joining up point. Yes, it would reduce scammers but it would also reduce people signing up because they have concerns about why this information is taken.

I don’t think you’re allowed to hold data not specifically relevant either, so it might create a legal issue, although I’m not certain how data protection etc applies in this case.

this is the big issue and a fair few sites have the same issue

that completely ignoring any legalities the more hoops users have to jump through the fewer are willing to.  

something like a phone number doesn't seem unreasonable - but burner SIMs are pretty much free : having to use a bank card may show up on a statement someone is unhappy about or of course they might have their own concerns on security of card details.  And of course stolen/borrowed cards again prove very little.

the whole take a picture with your user name following poses thing is a little better, because it's not really personal info - but may still involve sharing a face pic with somewhere you're uncomfortable with - and - there were people on fiverr who were basically selling "I will verify you on sites" - and of course there's a lot of men (or people posing as them) who will try to scam women into sending them oddly specific pictures ("can't be too careful") which they then take and use to set up an account elsewhere -  which led of course to a lot of sites with false verifications

and of course, one of the best ways to verify ID is having someone share their passport/driving license/etc except (a) not everyone has these (b) a lot of people are unsure about sharing these for of course rightful concerns on trust, and potential hacks

Posted
14 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

from understanding - you appeal via a ticket at support : basically asking to clarify why points were given etc. 

Ah yeah I thought as much. 

As I've commented on here previously, as have one or two others, they need to change the point system. 

With the points given, by whom, for what and when it happened. 

So that person knows and sees their ***, or it they feel something or taken out of context etc, it should give an option to accept,  or appeal. 

If accepting points go to the account and carry on.

If appeal button is pressed, it can direct the person to fill out a form correcting or clarifying whatever the *** was for the team to look into, and hopefully hear a response within a few days.

It's highly unfair of people ***d to accept a penalty when they've no idea what for or when. A lot of people can't or won't do the hassle of finding support and lodging an individual ticket. It should be paired with the *** at the time. 

Again due to people not wanting hassle, they're kinda ***d to accept points. 

Just needs laid out a bit more. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Jeneral_Whore said:

As I've commented on here previously, as have one or two others, they need to change the point system. 

With the points given, by whom, for what and when it happened. 

So, I mostly agree.

I don't think the "who" should be made available for a few reasons (that most the mods are volunteers - and there have been cases where people have posted who each mod is in chat - so this can be misused by bad actors) but for example being able to see the post or comment or behaviour which caused the warning

and yep, a simple means to be able to escalate to the community team (paid members of site staff) if they disagree and so they can then reply, "no, sorry, but the mods were right" or if the mods got it wrong that points can be changed and communication to the mods of why 

I know for example, I got 3 points years ago, well, three sets of one, because at totally unrelated times I'd posted links - and so I got 3 warnings, one for each, which added up to 3 points.  I did actually later speak with someone from the site (who no longer works here) who agreed it should have just been 1 point, since it wasn't like I reoffended and clearly I didn't know in context - but the points had already lapsed at the time and I said it didn't matter.  But I understand it was fedback that points should be based on context etc.

But also of course, there have been people who are no longer on this site who did want to fight and argue with mods, and they're a reason why there needs to be some protection to those who volunteer while also then informed powers from people who work at the site to diffuse or remove 

Posted
Is it just me or the roles "Top" & "Bottom" are not included in the profile settings...
Posted

The 'Copy' function rarely if ever works.

Self explanatory, I like to copy links that I've posted to friend A and share with friend B. Says it's copied fine on friend A, but when in chat to friend B, nothing shown as available to be pasted. I have to open the link, copy the url and paste that. Seems almost the same, but if a lot more tedious.

• 2 weeks later...
Vulkan69
Posted

I'm a bit confused by the 18+ verification thing. I'm verified from a photo but clearly over 18 (and it's and over 18 website regardless) but don't want to shell out just to have my profile at 100%. And yet whenever i try to correct the offending verification issue it sends me straight to the membership payment page :-(

PixieDust
Posted
19 hours ago, Vulkan69 said:

I'm a bit confused by the 18+ verification thing. I'm verified from a photo but clearly over 18 (and it's and over 18 website regardless) but don't want to shell out just to have my profile at 100%. And yet whenever i try to correct the offending verification issue it sends me straight to the membership payment page :-(

The 18+ verification check is a perk of being an upgraded member and would be the reason you are being redirected to the membership payment page.  The 18+ check is only valid whilst your membership is upgraded. If you revert back to a basic membership, you lose the check and would need to redo the 18+ check when you upgraded again.  Hope this helps explains why you are being redirected. 

Posted
10 hours ago, PixieDust said:

The 18+ verification check is a perk of being an upgraded member and would be the reason you are being redirected to the membership payment page.  The 18+ check is only valid whilst your membership is upgraded. If you revert back to a basic membership, you lose the check and would need to redo the 18+ check when you upgraded again.  Hope this helps explains why you are being redirected. 

Yes, and that's the stupidity of the check.  It should be renamed.  It's not an 18+ check as that has already happened and is still valid.  Tell it like it is, "we will display the result if you PAY us"!

Posted (edited)

I think it would be a lot of fun to be able to customize your page even more. Lines\wedges\themes\frames\background etc...

Edited by Pneuma
Craiglikesfeet
Posted

How about…shoe sizes on profile? 

Posted

How about having a search bar on the forum? We have all created a forum post to only have fet say the topic has been covered and doesn't post. That can be really annoying if you have just spent an hour or 2 writing something to only have fet not post it. A keyword search bar could save the disappointment of having this happen. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Posted
1 hour ago, Chiana said:

How about having a search bar on the forum? We have all created a forum post to only have fet say the topic has been covered and doesn't post. That can be really annoying if you have just spent an hour or 2 writing something to only have fet not post it. A keyword search bar could save the disappointment of having this happen. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

There's one already, at least on the app anyway - not sure about the website as don't know it well enough, but on the app if you go to the forums page, scroll it up then down in a single motion the search bar appears

PixieDust
Posted
1 hour ago, Chiana said:

7 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

There's one already, at least on the app anyway - not sure about the website as don't know it well enough, but on the app if you go to the forums page, scroll it up then down in a single motion the search bar appears

It is also possible to search for forum topics on the Mobile Desktop   Tap on your photo in the top right hand corner of the screen and it will bring up a new menu, select the browse heading and on the drop down menu that appears there is a search bar and from there you can search for forum topics. 

On the Desktop, there is a search section at the top of the forum main page.