Events - when to stop going (pregnant)

mj****

Posted
6 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

Shit, that's right. I got this wrong on so many levels

Well at least now you know better and have learned something new. Please feel free to spread the message far and wide

Posted
12 hours ago, FatefulDestiny said:

Really??!! Why?

Because there's another human being involved and your primary focus should be care for the child. Keep your kink life to one side for now or at least restricted to you and your husband 

Posted
11 hours ago, Ceejayuk said:

You realise that what you are doing is also against some peoples morals. So why don't you stop also.

Because what I do is only involving me and other consenting adults. There's no unborn children in the mix that could potentially get hurt

Posted
2 hours ago, keishio said:

Because what I do is only involving me and other consenting adults. There's no unborn children in the mix that could potentially get hurt

That still does not change that what you do is against some peoples morals.

As the op has pointed out, they dont play at these events with others. As long as they are not playing in a way that could hurt the child then I see no issue.

Posted
3 hours ago, keishio said:

Because there's another human being involved and your primary focus should be care for the child. Keep your kink life to one side for now or at least restricted to you and your husband 

To be very, very controversial there is ABSOLUTELY NO child involved in this scenario whatsoever. What there actually is is a developing fetus that (depending on gestation) would not survive without living of its feeding source. So, once again we revert to the autonomy of a woman’s body and her right to make her own decisions. From what we are able to tell the OP (and partner) have taken ALL REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS to avoid harm to the mother and fetus and that is all any reasonable person should expect. A woman’s body will “care for the” fetus (as a general rule) irrespective of what she does with it. 

You say that the “primary focus” ought to be care of the child (which legally doesn’t exist at this point and has no rights until birth - UK law) but then go on to say “… kink life to one side… restricted to you and husband”. So, I would hazard a guess that your concern for the “child” is actually a mask for the fact that you don’t want to see/don’t think that a pregnant woman is entitled to fun/sexual play otherwise your point would have been - don’t do it at all. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, keishio said:

A fetish could potentially get hurt in a myriad of ways many of them highly unlikely but still a “risk”. It is exceptionally well known (by those in the profession) that pregnancy risk factors are merely assessments of what is known and that a pregnancy can only be considered no risk after the fact. The OP is in no way setting out to adversely affect the pregnancy, quite the opposite in fact and is probably at higher risk of “hurting the child” by walking across the road or driving a car. Again I reiterate a penis is not big enough to touch or harm a fetus and unless the OP is indulging in play that would restrict *** flow (not “safe” for anyone but still done by some) or impact play to the abdomen (and tbh I’m not sure that impact play generally involves the abdomen) then there ought to be NO INCREASED RISK to the fetus!

Also, a fetus does not have the right to consent (UK law) - if it did smoking, unhealthy eating, drinking alcohol etc during pregnancy would be illegal. Can you see how ridiculous that would be??

Edited by FatefulDestiny
Additional comment
Posted
Yesterday at 06:28 PM, FatefulDestiny said:

I’m seriously so irritated that a “moral obligation” has even been mentioned in relation to it. How and where is there a morality clause to it - please, it’s a genuine question I want the answer to?

Effectively what people are saying is that a pregnant woman should be hidden away and not have a sex life - Jesus, the 1950s are calling and they want you back. 

Pregnancy is not a disease or illness that needs to be shied away from. For the most part pregnant women are from a healthy populous and sex/play ought to have no bearing on the pregnancy (however always take your health professionals advice as you have done). 

In regards to the MORALITY people who have an issue with it really need to get a grip. I don’t care what anyone says, your penis is NOT big enough to touch the baby and the baby cannot see what you are doing. 

Ultimately, in UK a fetus has no rights until it is born so there is no consent issue there whatsoever; if there was all pregnant women would be banned from having intercourse (or many other things). Could this be what our patriarchal society actually want 🤔🤔🤔

In terms of hiding the bump - again, really!!! No. Absolutely not. 

Furthermore in UK law pregnant women are protected from discrimination - this may or may not stretch to a kink event which is technically a private event but (personally) I feel an organiser would be walking a very fine line asking someone to not attend purely because they are pregnant (I can’t even imagine it happening). 

And yes, I know people are going to argue about me but once again pregnancy is not a disease or illness to be hidden from the world. If there are no complications or contraindications the advice (as a general rule) is to continue your life as it were pre pregnancy. 

X

Absolutely well said Lady 💖👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Posted

I'm not quite sure what patriarchy or other feminist ideas have got to do with the topic, no one is saying dicks are so big they'll hurt the baby, no one is saying impact or *** restriction is occuring and nothing even close to hiding pregnant women away or restricting pregnant women from a sex life was mentioned either. If a pregnant woman wants to continue her sex life then there's no reason why not but I think, for the sake of health, it's much safer when their sex life continues between exclusive partners for the duration of the pregnancy which also applies to the man in the relationship. In the same way smoking and drinking aren't illegal when pregnant but advised against for the duration of the pregnancy I think it's only responsible to limit your sexual contact to your exclusive partner. The fetus doesn't have rights by law but there will be people who feel differently which is what makes it a moral subject and not a legal subject so for the sake of health I think it's more responsible not to engage sexually with multiple people while you're pregnant.

Posted
45 minutes ago, keishio said:

I'm not quite sure what patriarchy or other feminist ideas have got to do with the topic, no one is saying dicks are so big they'll hurt the baby, no one is saying impact or *** restriction is occuring and nothing even close to hiding pregnant women away or restricting pregnant women from a sex life was mentioned either. If a pregnant woman wants to continue her sex life then there's no reason why not but I think, for the sake of health, it's much safer when their sex life continues between exclusive partners for the duration of the pregnancy which also applies to the man in the relationship. In the same way smoking and drinking aren't illegal when pregnant but advised against for the duration of the pregnancy I think it's only responsible to limit your sexual contact to your exclusive partner. The fetus doesn't have rights by law but there will be people who feel differently which is what makes it a moral subject and not a legal subject so for the sake of health I think it's more responsible not to engage sexually with multiple people while you're pregnant.

While we appreciate your feedback and comments as we have done with all the replys to this thread, we do have to wonder if you may have got the wrong impression about what a fetish play event is.

These are socal events that are often held in sex clubs.. Although not always, some are held in pubs and therfore any sexual activity is not allowed.

While yes some people do have sex at these events, and yes there are some that may wish to partake in various levels of promiscuous sex, these are predominantly events where people explore, demonstrate, educate and show off fetish play.

As we are sure your aware while some aspects of fetish play may have a sexual aspect to them, a large amount do not.

We did make the point of clarifying the original post to point out that we were asking about fetish events, not Swingers events and that as a couple although we may enjoy showing off some of the things we do, we are a monogamous couple.

Posted

Yeah I must have got things mixed up. I don't think many if anyone would see an issue with attending events when pregnant. Pregnant women do all sorts and no one really bats an eye