Misandry And Me

CopperKnob

Posted
2 minutes ago, PJ3000 said:

I know, I'm done now.. cant tell if he's just trolling or if he really is that.. well.. oblivious šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø kind of sad if he is.

The evidence elsewhere suggests that that is exactly the case

Posted
2 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

The evidence elsewhere suggests that that is exactly the case

Fuck I need some ice-cream! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Posted

yep - please

there's difference of opinion, there's alternative view points, so on - and these are all valid

this was done in bad faith and creating circular arguments.Ā  And so, please - no more, from anyone :)Ā 

Posted
Okā€¦ Iā€™m guilty. I like to think Iā€™m different but the reality is I have enough social, historical and unrecognised indoctrination that I adhere to certain stereotypes at a subconscious or unthinking level that itā€™s a thing. I try to be better but itā€™s still there. And I would go further than gender. Itā€™s race. Itā€™s sexual preference. Itā€™s hair colour. Itā€™s nerdy pastimes (even as a proud geek). Itā€™s all of these things and more. I have been bombarded with these things since I was born. Does that excuse them? Does it make them right? Does that change anything? Ultimately no. Ultimately if o want anything to change and the world to change overall fist and foremost I have to change myself. And that starts by trying to recognise my faults. Will I get it right or find it easy? No probably not. But you keep trying to find the world you want by changing yourself and (maybe) influencing others towards what would be the best it can be.
Posted
13 minutes ago, DeviantInside said:
Okā€¦ Iā€™m guilty. I like to think Iā€™m different but the reality is I have enough social, historical and unrecognised indoctrination that I adhere to certain stereotypes at a subconscious or unthinking level that itā€™s a thing. I try to be better but itā€™s still there. And I would go further than gender. Itā€™s race. Itā€™s sexual preference. Itā€™s hair colour. Itā€™s nerdy pastimes (even as a proud geek). Itā€™s all of these things and more. I have been bombarded with these things since I was born. Does that excuse them? Does it make them right? Does that change anything? Ultimately no. Ultimately if o want anything to change and the world to change overall fist and foremost I have to change myself. And that starts by trying to recognise my faults. Will I get it right or find it easy? No probably not. But you keep trying to find the world you want by changing yourself and (maybe) influencing others towards what would be the best it can be.

I think if everyone was honest we all are and some of that is due to culture and generational factors.
The point is, is that we recognise in ourselves first and foremost and make changes where we're able. And then we look outward and think about whether we can ellicit change elsewhere or at least influence it.
And, if we can't well then we think about our own boundaries, put them in place and en*** them
And actually, if we relate that to the world of kink, that's no different to vetting/setting our own limits.

Posted

What was the point of this post?? The OP again chose a toxic topic she knew would create ā€œpopcornā€ effect, maybe the ā€œattention seeking syndromeā€ and ending the ā€œdiscussion/chat ā€œ with some pantomime jokes with her peers. As usual the same people.Ā 
Itā€™s disrespectful and an unnecessary use of the forum. I am not sure how it was allowed in the first place as itā€™s been discussed in the past with the same effect, the OP made it clear in her last paragraph she didnā€™t care about it, so she wasnā€™t concern about other opinions.Ā 
may as well close it.Ā 

Posted
6 minutes ago, QXX666 said:

What was the point of this post?? The OP again chose a toxic topic she knew would create ā€œpopcornā€ effect, maybe the ā€œattention seeking syndromeā€ and ending the ā€œdiscussion/chat ā€œ with some pantomime jokes with her peers. As usual the same people.Ā 
Itā€™s disrespectful and an unnecessary use of the forum. I am not sure how it was allowed in the first place as itā€™s been discussed in the past with the same effect, the OP made it clear in her last paragraph she didnā€™t care about it, so she wasnā€™t concern about other opinions.Ā 
may as well close it.Ā 

Like Bob Hoskins used to say... it's good to talk šŸ˜

Posted
7 minutes ago, PJ3000 said:

Ah but has he got an Ology? šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Posted
50 minutes ago, PJ3000 said:

Well heā€™s dead so it didnā€™t help. Also there is a chat room for thatā€¦Ā 

Posted
58 minutes ago, QXX666 said:

may as well close it.Ā 

The answer to your question is right there in the comments

Posted
43 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

Ah but has he got an Ology? šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

I hope you are not talking about me because that would be classified as an insult which is against the forum and site rules.Ā 
At least I do not invade my sentences with Imojies galore like a child. Unless you need to emphasise your jokes? Pointless exerciseĀ 

Posted
3 minutes ago, QXX666 said:

Well heā€™s dead so it didnā€™t help. Also there is a chat room for thatā€¦Ā 

Yea have you tried having a serious conversation in the chat rooms!? šŸ˜‚
Also what does him being dead have to do with it.. it's still sound advice šŸ˜

Posted
5 minutes ago, QXX666 said:

I hope you are not talking about me because that would be classified as an insult which is against the forum and site rules.Ā 
At least I do not invade my sentences with Imojies galore like a child. Unless you need to emphasise your jokes? Pointless exerciseĀ 

You obviously don't know your BT ads of the 80s otherwise you'd know exactly what I was referring to šŸ˜Š

As for how I choose to construct my sentences I'm perfectly happy with how I do so thank you but many thanks for the constructive criticism - I've considered it and decided it was criticism for the sake of criticism and therefore equally like a blunt pencil šŸ™‚

Posted
10 minutes ago, QXX666 said:

Also separate point, but theres been studies that suggest people who use emojis regularly are better at communicating in general šŸ¤” food for thought

Posted
17 minutes ago, QXX666 said:

P.S. even if my question were directed at you - I fail to see how asking it would be "classified as an insult" - it doesn't suggest you have or haven't got one, or are any the better or worse because you do/don't - so I'd suggest you were nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking

Now perhaps as you suggested to CK you seem to be somewhat bothered and putting a lot of effort into trying to criticise - are you as equally obsessed as you earlier tried to suggest she was?

Posted
17 minutes ago, QXX666 said:

Talking about insults do we need a reminder when you openly called a member a dog and a piece of meat in the forums.
How about when you called another member unwell simply because of their forum posts and it was clear that concerns for them was not your intent

Posted

Play nice or I'll start dishing out points!

Posted
1 hour ago, PJ3000 said:

Also separate point, but theres been studies that suggest people who use emojis regularly are better at communicating in general šŸ¤” food for thought

I sincerely hope you have scientific reliable proof of this šŸ˜‰

Posted
12 hours ago, CopperKnob said:

If that's the lens who read it through so be it

Just helping you fill that glass.

YorkshireBiker
Posted

Wow. Iā€™m not even going to try and get involved in this one - I simply donā€™t have the social skills needed just yet šŸ˜‚

Posted
34 minutes ago, YorkshireBiker said:

Wow. Iā€™m not even going to try and get involved in this one - I simply donā€™t have the social skills needed just yet šŸ˜‚

The only social skill you need to deal with a narcissist is running.

Posted
34 minutes ago, Darksoul_85 said:

The only social skill you need to deal with a narcissist is running.

I can guess but Iā€™m not sure who exactly youā€™re implying is a narcissist in this comment. However, there really is no need for name calling. Please can we not do that? At the end of the day weā€™re all people with our own opinions and life experience and just because we donā€™t agree doesnā€™t mean we need to be rude. šŸ˜

Posted
It isn't name-calling. Same as being a misandrist or misogynist or any sort of phobe. It is what it is. You can agree with a narcissist or disagree. It doesn't change what they are. You can disagree with the sky and it will still be blue. And if you ***t a zebra the lions will kill it.
Posted
42 minutes ago, Darksoul_85 said:

It isn't name-calling. Same as being a misandrist or misogynist or any sort of phobe. It is what it is. You can agree with a narcissist or disagree. It doesn't change what they are. You can disagree with the sky and it will still be blue. And if you ***t a zebra the lions will kill it.

context is everything

it's in disagreeing with the point rather than attacking the person.

So yeah - saying someone is a narcissist, misandrist, whatever is name calling and it is both weak in debate and also not tolerated.

please refrain.Ā Ā 

we want to keep this thread open in the name of balanced discussion.Ā  But it feels there are people who cannot challenge or offer an alternate viewpoint without either descending to name calling or arguing in bad faith.

neither of which are tolerated.Ā  Ā so, again. we ask for this to stop.Ā