Misandry And Me

CopperKnob

Posted
22 minutes ago, masterful said:

Which point have I missed? Is it the one about how an individual experience can be extrapolated to an entire group? Obviously you’re an expert so tell me why I’m wrong?

I’ve never claimed to be an expert. Nor was I extrapolating an individual experience to an entire group but you failed to see my meaning. My words obviously didn’t convey my meaning effectively ergo I apologise.

Posted
14 minutes ago, masterful said:

Apart from being a racist slur. It sounds more like your own insecurities about yourself. Skin colour doesn’t determine the capacity to commit crime does it.

Are you high????

PJ didn’t bring up the topic of skin colour her was answering a previous comment. And he very specifically says ANY race and ANY negative interaction. No racism there in any way shape or form. 

Posted
So a whole demographic has the same behaviour traits as the individuals you’ve come across? How many times does the behaviour traits you’ve come across prove the entire demographic are the same? The path of this thread based on 2-3 contributions would mean it’s possible to assert all women are the same..why does being bitten by one dog mean you think all dogs bite?
Posted
3 minutes ago, FatefulDestiny said:

Are you high????

PJ didn’t bring up the topic of skin colour her was answering a previous comment. And he very specifically says ANY race and ANY negative interaction. No racism there in any way shape or form. 

You missed the point again

Posted
21 minutes ago, masterful said:

Apart from being a racist slur. It sounds more like your own insecurities about yourself. Skin colour doesn’t determine the capacity to commit crime does it.

Oh god dude really? I never said it did, don't twist my words. I'm actually talking from personal experience by the way, it's not logical or reasonable bit it's a natural reaction to trauma.. My business partner got attacked by a dog when she was young.. she still recoiled from dogs now, even if they're stupid soppy mutts. The skin colour doesnt matter.. as stated in my reply - replace any person or any negative instance and there will be a certain wariness towards that demographic or group for a while. its about attributing trauma to a entity. So please dont get all high and mighty and try to make out I'm racist or somehow insecure 😂

Posted
Just now, masterful said:

You missed the point again

No lovely I didn’t. You failed to make it. But it’s fine, I’m not interested in a slanging match. 

Posted
1 minute ago, PJ3000 said:

Oh god dude really? I never said it did, don't twist my words. I'm actually talking from personal experience by the way, it's not logical or reasonable bit it's a natural reaction to trauma.. My business partner got attacked by a dog when she was young.. she still recoiled from dogs now, even if they're stupid soppy mutts. The skin colour doesnt matter.. as stated in my reply - replace any person or any negative instance and there will be a certain wariness towards that demographic or group for a while. its about attributing trauma to a entity. So please dont get all high and mighty and try to make out I'm racist or somehow insecure 😂

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻 what he said! 

Posted
3 minutes ago, masterful said:

So a whole demographic has the same behaviour traits as the individuals you’ve come across? How many times does the behaviour traits you’ve come across prove the entire demographic are the same? The path of this thread based on 2-3 contributions would mean it’s possible to assert all women are the same..why does being bitten by one dog mean you think all dogs bite?

And you are welcome to make that assertion if that is your experience and subsequently be wary of women until they’ve proved they aren’t harpies. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, PJ3000 said:

None of that made any sense dude. It’s not logical to assume the skin colour of your attacker means everyone of the same colour is the same. The dog analogy is extraordinarily ridiculous but I guess is where you’re at. If you aren’t racist then you’ll understand your first comment is ignorant.

Posted
6 minutes ago, FatefulDestiny said:

And you are welcome to make that assertion if that is your experience and subsequently be wary of women until they’ve proved they aren’t harpies. 

None of that made sense. I’m not asserting anything you are..I take everyone as I find them. If they are idiots i treat them as idiots.. you should know

Posted
13 minutes ago, masterful said:

I'm gonna assume you've never been bitten properly by a dog!? Or attacked at night by a bunch of people. I told you it's not logical, it doesnt matter what peoples behaviour traits are in general, if you receive a negative experience from an entity its human nature to expect it again from that same entity. so if it happens again and again (unless you're suggesting that lots of women lie about the amount of *** hey get online) .. then it stands to reason that it becomes expected behaviour.
It's not all men no.. but that doesnt matter, because theres enough to make it miserable for lots of people.

Posted
12 minutes ago, FatefulDestiny said:

No lovely I didn’t. You failed to make it. But it’s fine, I’m not interested in a slanging match. 

You did but then you always do. You appear to be applying a socratian logic to this

Posted
11 minutes ago, masterful said:

None of that made any sense dude. It’s not logical to assume the skin colour of your attacker means everyone of the same colour is the same. The dog analogy is extraordinarily ridiculous but I guess is where you’re at. If you aren’t racist then you’ll understand your first comment is ignorant.

Ffs, it made perfect sense.. why are you insistent on sticking to skin colour! Read what I wrote again.. it is.not.logical! (on that we can agree) but that's the world we live it. You're coming across like you've never been through any trauma. If that's the case then I get why it's hard for you to fathom but trust me if you get enough shit thrown at you, you start to look out for it way more than normal.. and the only way to gauge that is to look for where its come from before. It's that simple.. skin colour doesnt matter, gender doesn't matter. If you got ***d by a big 7ft brick shithouse cowboy looking dude!😂 you'd probably be wary of being alone in a room with other 7ft brick shithouse cowboy looking dudes (because obviously they're 10 a penny!).. wouldn't matter if they were just lovely really tall fellas 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted
6 minutes ago, PJ3000 said:

I'm gonna assume you've never been bitten properly by a dog!? Or attacked at night by a bunch of people. I told you it's not logical, it doesnt matter what peoples behaviour traits are in general, if you receive a negative experience from an entity its human nature to expect it again from that same entity. so if it happens again and again (unless you're suggesting that lots of women lie about the amount of *** hey get online) .. then it stands to reason that it becomes expected behaviour.
It's not all men no.. but that doesnt matter, because theres enough to make it miserable for lots of people.

If it’s not logical you can’t draw any conclusions can you. It sounds more like insanity. If something happens again and again I would humbly suggest you change it so it doesn’t happen again and again. You are arguing an aristolian Syllogism.. I’m a man I’m Greek therefore all men are Greek.

Posted

alright

so

sigh

there's a lot of circular arguments which doesn't help anyone 

there's also a lot going on in bad faith - and the posters *know* they're acting in bad faith

so.  politely. let's keep this on track and on topic.

Posted
4 minutes ago, PJ3000 said:

Ffs, it made perfect sense.. why are you insistent on sticking to skin colour! Read what I wrote again.. it is.not.logical! (on that we can agree) but that's the world we live it. You're coming across like you've never been through any trauma. If that's the case then I get why it's hard for you to fathom but trust me if you get enough shit thrown at you, you start to look out for it way more than normal.. and the only way to gauge that is to look for where its come from before. It's that simple.. skin colour doesnt matter, gender doesn't matter. If you got ***d by a big 7ft brick shithouse cowboy looking dude!😂 you'd probably be wary of being alone in a room with other 7ft brick shithouse cowboy looking dudes (because obviously they're 10 a penny!).. wouldn't matter if they were just lovely really tall fellas 🤷🏻‍♂️

Are all traumas the same? Clearly not. The rest doesn’t make sense. You now seem to arguing all 7ft cowboys are rapists. I can see you have some deep routed issues that need therapy

Posted
4 minutes ago, PJ3000 said:

Honestly PJ don’t waste your breath

Posted
1 minute ago, FatefulDestiny said:

Honestly PJ don’t waste your breath

Tbh that’s how you always react when you lose an argument.

Posted
1 minute ago, masterful said:

Tbh that’s how you always react when you lose an argument.

Please stop

Posted
1 minute ago, FatefulDestiny said:

Please stop

You keep coming back🤣

Posted
8 minutes ago, masterful said:

If it’s not logical you can’t draw any conclusions can you. It sounds more like insanity. If something happens again and again I would humbly suggest you change it so it doesn’t happen again and again. You are arguing an aristolian Syllogism.. I’m a man I’m Greek therefore all men are Greek.

Jesus man, i was just replying to that other guy about his assertion that a negative interaction with a certain entity shouldn't mean you assume all similar entities will act the same (see, steering away from skin colour now so you dont get stuck on it again).
I'm arguing that to a certain degree it does.. because that's how we're built.
And yes I think you can draw conclusions from it.. I dont have numbers or data to hand, but I've heard way too many horror stories from multiple women to make a reasonable assumption that maybe a lot of men are gross arseholes with no respect.
And as for the rest... how would you humbly suggest we change this.. because it is a problem.. however much you seem to want it not to be.
I'm not arguing (insert fancy words to make me feel clever), I'm saying 'on paper' and real life dont always match up.. it's fine saying.. well that shouldn't happen, that's not right.. but it still does. People shouldnt ***, *** and steal.. it's not logical or conducive to a well functioning society.. but still does.

Posted

4 minutes ago, masterful said:

You keep coming back🤣

I have already asked you to stop - and yet you continue. You are not acting in good faith. You are merely trolling the thread.   Stop

The same goes for anyone else.  

Posted
9 minutes ago, masterful said:

Are all traumas the same? Clearly not. The rest doesn’t make sense. You now seem to arguing all 7ft cowboys are rapists. I can see you have some deep routed issues that need therapy

Seriously that's just a pitiful reply, either you're being very obtuse or it's just not worth me trying to talk to you because you dont get it. So I'm out it's late and quite honestly it's no skin of my nose if you continue with your beliefs, its only going to hinder you so I wish you all the best 😘

Posted
@fatefuldestiny and @PJ3000 you're interacting with a couple of individuals who are continually twisting your words and who have no intention of having an intellectual conversation with a well thought out approach.
X
Posted
2 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:
@fatefuldestiny and @PJ3000 you're interacting with a couple of individuals who are continually twisting your words and who have no intention of having an intellectual conversation with a well thought out approach.
X

I know, I'm done now.. cant tell if he's just trolling or if he really is that.. well.. oblivious 🤷🏻‍♂️ kind of sad if he is.