Addressing the Scammer/*** seeking Influx. STAY SAFE!

Je****

Posted

Furthermore, it seems to me that if you want to curb the practice, give the people an area to sell their content...but likewise give me and the original poster the ability to completely block anyone that has opted in to that feature. This way, no one will have to spend all their time monitoring and reporting and policing  and watering down the main idea of the site...It can simply be contrlled through opting in and out of features.....or.....implement some javascript to detect every word typed into a public facing area, logging the uderid, and any word that exists in a table in the backend database

Posted
On 7/22/2023 at 4:23 AM, eyemblacksheep said:

This is the general problem and why "just ban certain words!" doesn't work because people are used to obscuring words, using code words, and so on.

If you ever see on instagram "See more on my spicy site" then it means they are on OnlyFans with the same user name.  But you couldn't ban the word "spicy" because then "I just had a spicy curry" becomes a problem.

Equally, a lady saying "I am not a Findom, I will never ask for cash" would get flagged.

that's easier in paper than reality.   I mean finding the video creator is one thing - but a lot of stuff like defamation etc. can be difficult to prove.  Especially if, "you should join this site - this is a good thing!" is how it's presented.

Equally.  I did want to test some theories last night - and so this is anecdotal 

I went through 30 pages of new sign ups - so over 700 people.  There were peaks and troughs but that was particularly over 7 hours. So an average of 100 per hour.  

I reported any that didn't fit the site rules, most/all of these are now down or action taken.  

I reported a lot - I think around 100 profiles, so 1 in 7.   

So on one hand - 100 is a lot.  On another hand - there were 600 profiles who were fine or there were no evidence of being in breach of site rules.   I don't know how this compares to other times - but there was a lot would have to be looked at to be proven - and not proven from a user perspective but from a legal one.

I agree its hard to parse for blacklisted words sometimes. Thats where you have to think smarter. instead of blacklisting.....whitelist .....spicy meatball, spicy curry, ...train your code to read into the context of the sentence....Use a combination of blacklisted words and whitelisted contexts and allow it to LEARN the context, much like how you train assistants (google/alexa/etc) or back in the day we had to train handheld devices to learn how to pronounce certain word when converting text to audio....where to put emphasis in a sentence....these things can be done....you jus have to outsmart the algorithms 

Posted
On 7/23/2023 at 5:00 AM, 4RCH said:

Fetish does not allow Financial Domination - period:

The Fetish Code of Conduct states “While we acknowledge Financial Domination as a legitimate part of BDSM, unfortunately, for legal reasons, we cannot allow Findommes to operate in our community - this also applies to sugar babies looking for sugar mommies/daddies (and vice versa), Goddesses receiving financial tributes, picture or panty sellers - or any other way of offering kinks for financial gain.”

So requests for ***, tributes, gifts, purchases from Amazon wish lists or anything of that nature are not permitted anywhere, not in profiles, not in chat, not in the forums and not in DM's - so yes you should report it - every you see it.

There is one exception relating to “financial interests” and that’s if the profile has € Financial interests listed directly beneath the profile photo. These are Dominatrix profiles that users in the US can’t have or view - this is due to the SESTA/FOSTA laws. These profiles are permitted and there are a lot of things they can mention in their profiles - such as services offered, rates, etc. They are a bigger part of the German version of the site rather than the English-language version (since not being permitted in the US) but there’s no need to report these. That said, as far as I’m aware, they are still not allowed to operate as FINDOM on the site, I’ve asked support for clarification on this point.

When you report, it's helpful to the support team if you add a note explaining to them where to look. I'm sure they are getting hammered with reports at the moment as well as trawling members to spot findom profiles as mentioned above, so let's make their lives as easy as we can.  

Thank you for posting this...And for the explanation... still, while I completey understand what you posted above, somethng just feels wierd about not being able to ask a submissive to pay for his or her fantasy or bucket list scene because it is not is not the same thing as financial domination...nor should it be treated as such. Every website in the world just about, makes references to amazon..or other online retailers...and wholesalers...and wishlists...and wedding registrars...and gift cards...COUPON CODES...Cashapp, Klarna,Afterpay, PayPal...I just think this is more complicated than the use of prohibition of a small group of subcommunities...

That being said..can we identify a KEY LIST OF :

• TERMS/WORDS that should not be allowed as a username? 
  • TERMS/WORDS that should not be allowed in ANY FELD OF A USERS PROFILE? 

I can help write a string generator that can generate a list of variationslike:

Findommes

Findomme

F1nd0mm3

F1nd0mm3

F_1nd_omme

then use a combination of regex parser to search for  certain patterns...i mean there is a limit to ho many variations ....and there has to be a specific pattern....

any word with dom, where before the substring dom is found, the letter 'n' , and before the letter 'n', either a '1' or an 'I/i' or a lowercase 'L' , and before that, an F/f or a 4, or a 7.......

and use the regex to parse out any other chars like underscores or a dash, etc...only look for a pattern containing those chars...some of them may have to be looked at by human eyes to catch anyhing already in the database, but it should be a relatively easy algorithm to implement going forward at account setup.

Posted
7 hours ago, hannahbelles said:

However, I am confused about what the post is saying about anyone that accepts a tribute or asks for a tribute is also a scammer? Im not sure i understand this entirely. Is this saying that Dom/mes cant charge for the services they provide? Is this just talking about FAKE Masters and Mistresses that are selling 'content".  Are you saying that no monetary transactions should be initiated or carried out on this site at all, not even in a private message or an email, or a one-to-one cam? I am just a little confused on the directive here. Does this mean that anyone that charges or even asks for a tribute, has violated the sites guidelines

So - absolutely, there is a total difference between a "scammer" and someone who asks tribute, or sells content.  Even if there's a lot of folk can't tell the difference.

But, on this site

- selling content is not permitted

- pay-for-services is only possible with a Dominatrix account, which clearly shows the user is a Pro offering sessions for tribute - and due to SESTA/FOSTA laws these accounts cannot be viewed by users in the US.  

By argument, an email is off site - and the site has no control over what happens there (which is why scammers are quick to try to take people off site)

So, yeah, anyone discussing payment for services, chat, content who does not have a Dominatrix account is breaking site guidelines - there was a point where private chats had keyword monitoring in - I dunno if it still exists, some of the checks were too harsh a while ago - obviously the site wouldn't know, but if someone is discussing payments with someone and the other person hits report, then, well... 

Posted

Furthermore, it seems to me that if you want to curb the practice, give the people an area to sell their content...

That would involve branching out into becoming a clip store and having all of the regulations and compliance which goes with that - it's a massive job

it also wouldn't be compatible with app store rules which would end the app. 

Posted

Thats where you have to think smarter. instead of blacklisting.....whitelist .....spicy meatball, spicy curry, ...train your code to read into the context of the sentence...

Which still brings up false positives.   There still needs to be a human element for reviews and appeals.

And as work arounds exist, there's always people will fall into them or learn work arounds.  

Posted
6 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

That would involve branching out into becoming a clip store and having all of the regulations and compliance which goes with that - it's a massive job

it also wouldn't be compatible with app store rules which would end the app. 

Yeah it opens up a whole new can of worms-so to speak...

Posted
6 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Which still brings up false positives.   There still needs to be a human element for reviews and appeals.

And as work arounds exist, there's always people will fall into them or learn work arounds.  

Absolutely. So Im not sure if anyone remembers the old yahoo chat...But it was rampant with bots posting links in chat, and bots that could nt people offline, bots that were used to overtake the microphone in a chatroom. And I was one of the people that wrote these programs and used them. I wrote booters and mass ignore programs and all kinds of stuff. Ultimately I ended up working with some guys to write programs that defended against these programs. But anyway, we had programs to create the bots. So for instance i could type in "findomme" and then enter a number say 1000, and the program would hit the registration server and create findomme0001 - findomme1000. Then I could programmatically log in those 1000 accounts and have them log into different rooms and post ads for a site, or log them all into one rooms voice server lock the mic down for days.....etc....Anyway yahoo implemented captcha on its most used registration servers which ***d the entry of a captcha code with every registration. Sure eventually we found ways around the captcha using like text-ocr or by using servers where no captcha was implemented like an obscure china server but my point is....perhaps implementing a human-logic control at registration or even 2-factor authentication might curb creation of NEW accounts like this...then retroactively make all users implement the 2fa binding their account to an individual phone number. im not a big fan of 2fa, but it will help with securing the site and most insurance companies wont underwrite a policy these days unless the company has 2fa implemented.  Things to consider would be disallowing the use of phone numbers that are virtual, like google voice numbers. You couldnt allow someone to use a virtual IP phone number....which would also men a check against the phone number being entered, making sure it belonged to a carrier... anyway, im just thinking outloud. 

Posted
1 hour ago, hannahbelles said:

Yeah it opens up a whole new can of worms-so to speak...

it's pretty much an entirely new site and all that comes with it.  

1 hour ago, hannahbelles said:

Things to consider would be disallowing the use of phone numbers that are virtual, like google voice numbers. You couldnt allow someone to use a virtual IP phone number....which would also men a check against the phone number being entered, making sure it belonged to a carrier... anyway, im just thinking outloud. 

OK - so part the issue is - that you are not understanding the problem and are creating solutions to problems that don't exist.

So.

Here goes as a recap.

The problem isn't fake or bot accounts.  It's not even an issue in catfish accounts.

It is real people with real details who want to use the site in a way it wasn't intended for.

About 6 weeks ago there was a TikTok which contents including telling people to come to sites like this one and they could make loads of ***.  It wasn't true, it wasn't how the site works.  There was a massive surge in people signing up to say they were Findommes or selling content or whatever - and the side effect of this also was that it fired the app up the charts which also saw an influx in other users.  Both people interested in kink etc, people who saw the app and was curious, people who misunderstand what it is.

A lot of these accounts got dealt with and presumably there were some back end process changes and, of course, stuff might go viral on tiktok one day, but then become chip papers the next.

This happened again 2 or 3 weeks ago.  And, honestly. I can see the difference, the site has calmed right down in a lot of these sign ups 

It got dealt with.

But the problem is in both cases this was real people, with real email addresses, real phone numbers, real photos, many of which had gone through fakecheck.  There was no automation etc (I know the site does have tools to prevent automation, even if I don't know what they are) this was real people.

And so because of this, any kinda steps you put in to stop them will also hurt other real people and, this leads to negative experiences.  I've been on this site a long time and there's been controls they've had in which totally stopped a lot of the *** people but it was picking up too many false positives.  While, the *** people found their own work arounds.

Like, when someone wants to be a bit naughty using phone numbers they don't need virtual numbers.  They just order a free SIM. Doesn't even need credit on it.

The overall message of this thread is, and should be...

Pretty much all sites have people who are there who are selling content, or potentially running scams and people need to be vigilant.  That even aside from any scams, just avoiding the disappointment of messaging someone and them replying back "We can chat on my OnlyFans!" 

Posted
I agree I did not know exactly what was going on .. youve been very helpful and informative , and patient in explaining all this to me. So thank you for that. I've only been on here for about a week and was trying to be helpful but didn't have the full context. I was honestly just trying to help. Wasn't tryin to make waves or anything.
Posted
On 8/6/2023 at 2:23 PM, eyemblacksheep said:

it's pretty much an entirely new site and all that comes with it.  

OK - so part the issue is - that you are not understanding the problem and are creating solutions to problems that don't exist.

So.

Here goes as a recap.

The problem isn't fake or bot accounts.  It's not even an issue in catfish accounts.

It is real people with real details who want to use the site in a way it wasn't intended for.

About 6 weeks ago there was a TikTok which contents including telling people to come to sites like this one and they could make loads of ***.  It wasn't true, it wasn't how the site works.  There was a massive surge in people signing up to say they were Findommes or selling content or whatever - and the side effect of this also was that it fired the app up the charts which also saw an influx in other users.  Both people interested in kink etc, people who saw the app and was curious, people who misunderstand what it is.

A lot of these accounts got dealt with and presumably there were some back end process changes and, of course, stuff might go viral on tiktok one day, but then become chip papers the next.

This happened again 2 or 3 weeks ago.  And, honestly. I can see the difference, the site has calmed right down in a lot of these sign ups 

It got dealt with.

But the problem is in both cases this was real people, with real email addresses, real phone numbers, real photos, many of which had gone through fakecheck.  There was no automation etc (I know the site does have tools to prevent automation, even if I don't know what they are) this was real people.

And so because of this, any kinda steps you put in to stop them will also hurt other real people and, this leads to negative experiences.  I've been on this site a long time and there's been controls they've had in which totally stopped a lot of the *** people but it was picking up too many false positives.  While, the *** people found their own work arounds.

Like, when someone wants to be a bit naughty using phone numbers they don't need virtual numbers.  They just order a free SIM. Doesn't even need credit on it.

The overall message of this thread is, and should be...

Pretty much all sites have people who are there who are selling content, or potentially running scams and people need to be vigilant.  That even aside from any scams, just avoiding the disappointment of messaging someone and them replying back "We can chat on my OnlyFans!" 

I agree I did not know exactly what was going on .. youve been very helpful and informative , and patient in explaining all this to me. So thank you for that. I've only been on here for about a week and was trying to be helpful but didn't have the full context. I was honestly just trying to help. Wasn't tryin to make waves or anything.

Posted
Can someone ask or tell about *** related sessions in private chat
Should I report them?
Posted
7 hours ago, Kar_som said:

Can someone ask or tell about *** related sessions in private chat
Should I report them?

if they have a Dominatrix profile (clear if there is a € in their profile) then they can discuss paid sessions in private chat

if they do not - then, not - please end the conversation and hit report. 

Posted
To be sure, no dominatrix profile show on app!
Is it right?
Posted
33 minutes ago, Kar_som said:

To be sure, no dominatrix profile show on app!
Is it right?

actually I should have checked your location - so, easy - because you're in the US you shouldn't be able to access Dominatrix profiles - so, if someone is talking to you about ***, definitely end convo and report. 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
As soon as I see Pro-Domme or findomme then straight to the blocked pile. I have things to offer the right person, but my wallet isn't included included
  • 1 month later...
Posted
This is a trend I’ve noticed on other apps too. It’s especially frustrating as somewhat of a newcomer to the lifestyle. My advice is the same as the OP and I would stress, the point, even more for anyone else who is just beginning their journey. 
Posted
There is more to life than *** but most dont see that, if they did they wouldnt even make that a first thought like they do, but then again *** is the root to all evil!!!
Posted
Yes, unfortunately the *** is also necessary and some people will do anything to get it 
Posted
25 minutes ago, megan-9454 said:

*** is the root to all evil

damn right

if I'm going to be more evil than I need more *** ;)