Addressing the Scammer/*** seeking Influx. STAY SAFE!

Je****

Posted
I just came across a profile obfuscating the word findom as f_inD0m and saying “no response unless you give me you know what”. Clever girl.
I think the real solution here is for the owner(s) of this app to track down the creator of the video that’s bringing these people here, have their legal team serve that entity with a formal cease and desist letter, and if the video is not taken down, sue the entity for slander, libel, and/or defamation.
Posted
18 minutes ago, TallBastard said:
I just came across a profile obfuscating the word findom as f_inD0m and saying “no response unless you give me you know what”. Clever girl.
I think the real solution here is for the owner(s) of this app to track down the creator of the video that’s bringing these people here, have their legal team serve that entity with a formal cease and desist letter, and if the video is not taken down, sue the entity for slander, libel, and/or defamation.

I agreed this is a criminal activity and this needs to be stopped.

Posted
34 minutes ago, TallBastard said:

That only works if they are in a jurisdiction that can or will en*** it.

Posted
1 hour ago, TallBastard said:

This is the general problem and why "just ban certain words!" doesn't work because people are used to obscuring words, using code words, and so on.

If you ever see on instagram "See more on my spicy site" then it means they are on OnlyFans with the same user name.  But you couldn't ban the word "spicy" because then "I just had a spicy curry" becomes a problem.

Equally, a lady saying "I am not a Findom, I will never ask for cash" would get flagged.

1 hour ago, TallBastard said:

that's easier in paper than reality.   I mean finding the video creator is one thing - but a lot of stuff like defamation etc. can be difficult to prove.  Especially if, "you should join this site - this is a good thing!" is how it's presented.

Equally.  I did want to test some theories last night - and so this is anecdotal 

I went through 30 pages of new sign ups - so over 700 people.  There were peaks and troughs but that was particularly over 7 hours. So an average of 100 per hour.  

I reported any that didn't fit the site rules, most/all of these are now down or action taken.  

I reported a lot - I think around 100 profiles, so 1 in 7.   

So on one hand - 100 is a lot.  On another hand - there were 600 profiles who were fine or there were no evidence of being in breach of site rules.   I don't know how this compares to other times - but there was a lot would have to be looked at to be proven - and not proven from a user perspective but from a legal one.

Posted
On 6/22/2023 at 10:48 AM, Jeneral_Whore said:

Sad to be writing this, but it may be beneficial, and if I can help one person with this post then it will be worth it.

Being on Fetish.com, is challenging at the best of times. It is for kinky dating, Fetish dating and D/s dynamics as well as making friends and alternative dating styles.

Please know that many people hear this and see $£ signs. 

This is NOT ok. This is not what this community needs. 

Let's be real, it is mostly young (under 23yr old) women from USA and that side of the water that I have noticed being the main ***r in this area. Many new profiles, that are minutes old, blurred photos and messaging like crazy every male profile they can see. The select few will come into chat and outright ask if people want to buy content. 

I want to write this to help people be safe and vigilant. Keep themselves and their wallets/purses safe.

1. This site / app has a 0 *** policy. Besides paying for membership perhaps, no one should be asking for ***. No one should be expected to part with ***. 

2. Sugar babies / daddies / mommies are NOT allowed ANYWHERE on this site. Not even on Dominatrix profiles.

3. No one should be paying for someone's time or attention, nor should they be expected to pay "tributes". 

4. Profiles that say "sugar baby" etc, "paypig" etc, are usually the culprits for trying to scam men / others.

5. People who have OF (only fans) advertised can be subject to this also, as can those who mention "I have content..." 

6. Usually people should be wary of profiles with usernames of ANY financial inclination in the username, people who are very young, new profiles that say Goddess, Queen etc also, I have noticed a common sight. 

HOW TO KEEP SAFE????

Please if you see any profiles, that have these usernames, report them to mod/admin of the site. 

Visit the profile, hit report on the 3 dots on the side and report with a reason on the drop down menu, and put screenshots and a brief explanation if you can. 

If someone comes into chat and is advertising / asking for *** etc, please click the exclamation mark beside the comment, which will allow you to report them. 

Alternatively hit the little cog in chat to "call a mod", and let them deal with them. 

If someone comes into your inbox and asks for *** or enquires if you wish to buy, PLEASE hit the "report conversation" button in the chat itself, and block them. 

If you see any adverts, status updates or profiles that are seeking *** or offering content, again report and block. 

Do NOT let these people away with it. 

There is rumour of a Tik Tok trend mentioning easy *** to be gained from *** and "desperate" people on these kinds of sites and these people are preying on people looking for a connection. Especially men. This is not fair. NO man should ever be taken advantage of or extorted for wanting a decent and genuine connection.

Please keep yourself safe. Please keep other members safe. Keep your *** safe.

In hard times in which the world is facing, no one should be made to pay for love affection and sex. 

There is no shame in sex work, but there is other sites for that. This is NOT one of them. 

If you want to sell, go to another site. Not here. This is a community, do NOT *** it. 

If you want to buy, same rules apply. 

Love and peace folks and may you remain safe and enjoy your time on this site, as it was intended!

Very well written. I hope this post especially benefits the new members who are often targeted. 

😊

Posted
8 hours ago, TallBastard said:

Ok, you’re right…a burglar isn’t going to respect the no trespassing sign, but you acknowledge the sign exists, and there’s a reason for that: it keeps the honest people honest and establishes a boundary. Maybe it wouldn’t make a difference to the offenders, because they can easily just leave it off their profiles and then lure you offsite in DMs, but it might make a difference with the legit users that report the same profiles over and over that blatantly advertise findom with their cashapp and snapchat in their profiles, and after weeks they still aren’t banned, you know? Someone might see that big banner at the top of their feed and think “oh ok…this app actually cares about the lifestyle and doesn’t want these people operating here either, I hope they get it fixed soon” instead of seeing no formal announcements from the app administrators and equating that to “silence is consent”. One of the most important things in the lifestyle is communication, yes? And from a business standpoint, anytime something goes wrong or there’s controversy in a corporate environment, there’s always a press release or a mass email or a communication of some kind…not gonna lie, if I hadn’t spoken directly with mods about this I’d totally assume the creators of this app just don’t care as long as people are buying those tokens and upgrades.

I understand the feelings here, some sort of announcements or "what's new" section or something could be helpful. Maybe they even have something like this already and I've missed it. Going to go check, I've seen similar in other places but it's not easy to see there either unless you go searching for it. 

Posted

also - stuff like any form of advertisement is already clearly stated in the rules when signing up for the site and for when entering chat

I mean, we all watched 'Joan is Awful', right?

Posted

To assure you we are doing something, I deleted a number of findom profiles yesterday within an hour of them signing up. I'll be doing the same today. I know other Mods are doing the same thing. Please keep reporting any you come across and they will be dealt with.

Posted

If some one mentioned following things in profile-

-*** symbols like € or $

-pay tribute

-cash app

-pay tribute 

Should we report them or allowed in profile?

Posted
4 hours ago, Kar_som said:

If some one mentioned following things in profile-

-*** symbols like € or $

-pay tribute

-cash app

-pay tribute 

Should we report them or allowed in profile?

Fetish does not allow Financial Domination - period:

The Fetish Code of Conduct states “While we acknowledge Financial Domination as a legitimate part of BDSM, unfortunately, for legal reasons, we cannot allow Findommes to operate in our community - this also applies to sugar babies looking for sugar mommies/daddies (and vice versa), Goddesses receiving financial tributes, picture or panty sellers - or any other way of offering kinks for financial gain.”

So requests for ***, tributes, gifts, purchases from Amazon wish lists or anything of that nature are not permitted anywhere, not in profiles, not in chat, not in the forums and not in DM's - so yes you should report it - every you see it.

There is one exception relating to “financial interests” and that’s if the profile has € Financial interests listed directly beneath the profile photo. These are Dominatrix profiles that users in the US can’t have or view - this is due to the SESTA/FOSTA laws. These profiles are permitted and there are a lot of things they can mention in their profiles - such as services offered, rates, etc. They are a bigger part of the German version of the site rather than the English-language version (since not being permitted in the US) but there’s no need to report these. That said, as far as I’m aware, they are still not allowed to operate as FINDOM on the site, I’ve asked support for clarification on this point.

When you report, it's helpful to the support team if you add a note explaining to them where to look. I'm sure they are getting hammered with reports at the moment as well as trawling members to spot findom profiles as mentioned above, so let's make their lives as easy as we can.  

Posted
Please tell me when you attach the screenshot it automatically submits? When I do not attach a screenshot I must press submit, but when I do attach a screenshot it automatically returns me back to the person's profile.
Posted

It probably doesn't need explaining that support are currently reviewing a lot of reports right now.  

If you have reported someone, then just block them and move on.  

Posted
Maybe more mods should be assigned. The current situation is quite unsustainable.
Posted
1 hour ago, FsBerlin said:

Maybe more mods should be assigned. The current situation is quite unsustainable.

Mods don't, however, grow on tress.

Even someone going "f**k it, I volunteer to help out!" is going to need some form of clearance checks done on them. They're going to need trained how to use the tools and access to a back end system.    They're going to need to be familiarised with what they should and shouldn't do.

"Just get more mods" isn't this simple.  In any event, the first surge got combatted.  The second surge started just on Friday, it hasn't even been a week.  I know this feels like a lifetime but you can't magic a whole bunch of fully trained and ready to go staff in 3 working days.

Posted
Scrolling through this app is underwhelming. Every other ad is a woman who claims to be a Dominant for the sole purpose of greed. They all use the terms that real Dominatrixs' use, such as "pay pig" and "tribute". Yet they don't know the first thing about being a Professional Dom.

When I Pro-Dom'd I had the pleasure of knowing quite a few professionals, and let me tell you, they don't post ads begging for tributes. They maintain websites with information on booking, prices, and what you get for your ***.

Don't fall for these fakes subs. Spend some time searching the web and another website with the same name that caters to your needs. Just because you're a submissive male doesn't mean you have to get scammed.

Rant over.

~Mr. Sir~
House Libidinous
Posted
8 minutes ago, StrictMaster44 said:

And it's still going on a month later!

I feel, and credit where it's due.

A month ago there was a problem/rise following a trending tiktok - and that post since got removed - and at the time there was a spike of Findom, and then it calmed down. Presumably a mix of the tiktok being taken down and any back end changes.

There was then another TikTok last week - which basically told people to download kink based dating apps (including this one) and last Friday in particular was nuts crazy with sign ups.  I went through 30 pages of sign ups and reported 100 profiles out of 700. That's a lot.

But also meant that 600 out of 700 were people who were not here for financial interests, or at least there was no evidence of.

But last weeks TikTok again, has become tomorrows chip paper* and it's certainly calmed down.  I've gone through a fair few pages again of new sign ups and there's considerably fewer that shouldn't be here.  Again, this a mix of the TikTok being yesterdays news, and any steps the site may have put in - we don't know.

(*going back a few years, newspapers in the UK were recycled by being taken to local chip shops who used them to wrap take aways.  So, the saying kinda goes that something that was in the news one day is soon recycled and forgotten about)

of course, the people signing up for financial interests is never nil - but certainly things are not as bad in just a few days.

In saying this.  If you are someone who is sitting looking at new sign ups hitting refresh then you're going to get anyone here for financial interests before the site has even had chance to deal with them.  I think there certainly has to be a degree of patience - but it certainly looks like things are being handled now.   

Posted
I love kink , b.d.s.m and this app a lot . I remember when is was only a website . I digress. To me it seems May 3 out of 5 ask for *** . I spend a lot of time reporting profiles . Don’t get me wrong I normally don’t judge anyone for there kinks that’s why I love it here . I feel this is getting out of hand .
Posted
Not sure how indicative this is - but the last woman who chatted me up got a "we've asked this kinkster to verify their identity" strike through their name before I even had a chance to reply.
Posted
2 hours ago, Kakiemon said:
Not sure how indicative this is - but the last woman who chatted me up got a "we've asked this kinkster to verify their identity" strike through their name before I even had a chance to reply.

Happens frequently

Posted
2 hours ago, Kakiemon said:

so that's usually a good sign that someone has done enough to arouse suspicion so the site has asked them to verify.

incidentally, there was a problem years ago where it was a little too strict and women in particularly were being asked to verify and not really happy about it - and neither were the guys they were talking to.

Posted

First, let me say that there are some very good points that people can take away from the original post, so as not to be susceptible to SCAMMERS. However, I am confused about what the post is saying about anyone that accepts a tribute or asks for a tribute is also a scammer? Im not sure i understand this entirely. Is this saying that Dom/mes cant charge for the services they provide? Is this just talking about FAKE Masters and Mistresses that are selling 'content".  Are you saying that no monetary transactions should be initiated or carried out on this site at all, not even in a private message or an email, or a one-to-one cam? I am just a little confused on the directive here. Does this mean that anyone that charges or even asks for a tribute, has violated the sites guidelines. From what I read, it is not supposed to be talked about in the public facing areas...like chat and the public forums. Please correct me if I am wrong, but did i totally misunderstand the guidelines? Let me also state that just because I am asking these questions dont mean i have taken anyones ***., because I havent... I am just trying to understand and to make it clear for EVERYONE what is ok...and what is NOT ok, and if it relates to the entire site, or just the public-facing areas. The guidelines also say there is to be no posting about politics, but if two people want to discuss politics in their private messages, theyre not gonna get banned are they? Again, i havent discussed any politics anywhere on the site other than in this post, right here and right now. 

Then, the post states that usernames containing "Goddess", and "Queen" should be scrutinized and ultimately reported. The types of usernames have been used by Dommes for as long as Ive been in the lifestyle, which is about a quarter of s century....25 years...And likewise, Dom/mes have been charging for their services for at least that long.

Also, just because this site has "dating services" on it does not make it 100%  a "BDSM Dating Site", or ONLY  "for kinky dating, Fetish dating and D/s dynamics as well as making friends and alternative dating styles." Even in that sentence, the term "D/s dynamics" is used. And if you are saying that *** is not or has not been a major dynamic within the "D/s dynamics", then again, I respectfully disagree.  

And lets say I was a Mistress that took on a submissive , and i read the subs profile...about what he likes and what he dont likeand I wanted to get on cam sometime in the future wearing the outfit that my sub described as "somthing that turned him on"...Youre saying, As the Mistress, I have to buy that outfit myself, and  I couldnt have the sub pay for said outfit secretly as a "tribute".  Thats just an expenditure the Domme would have to cover? Because the Domme cant ask the sub to offer up an Amazon Gift Card, for resourcses required for the upcoming negotiated scene???  And what about all the time spent planning scenes or scenarios. oh well...since you cant ask the sub to pay for these services It doesnt seem like this would be a very conducive environment for a "D/s dynamic" or any type of D/s relationship for that matter, especially when  the sub specifically asked for that kind of relationship or service. Maybe Im just looking at things all wrong. 

By all means, educate the users of this site how to not be susceptible to scams, but it seems irresponsible to redefine practices that are still 100% safe and effective, just because an element exists that exploits these safe and effective practices. That element has always existed...and always will. It is up to each and every one of us in the lifestyle, AND this site's COMMUNITY TEAM to take responsibility for educating people that may fall prey to such tactics. But at the same time it seems counter-intuitive to redefine even the most basic elements.I feel that this is only weakening the community at-large, and not cutting off the head of the snake, as needs to be done.

Also, its ironic and also directly counters what this post declares as a zero tolerance for any talk of ***, but directly above this post was the following:

BDSM in ***

The Fetish.com community wants you!
Do you love ***? Know where all the kinky times are to be had and want to write about it? Submit an article (250-300 words) and as a thank you, we'll link it to your profile. Send in an article now.