Is it okay to share my love for nails in person?

GeneGrey

Posted
I have had a nail fetish since high school (19 years ago) , but I have never shared my love for it in public. When I was in my late 20s at my job I started to compliment female customers on their nails. This was going for at least a few more years. Afterwards, I stopped because I was afraid female customers would think I’m a creep, and ever since then I have never complimented ladies on their nails again.

Upon finding Fet, I was thinking if this was ok to do at all? If it is, then I’m willing to do it again! But if it isn’t, I’m ok with just keeping to myself!! Lol Many thanks in advance!
Posted

a lot comes down to context

with nails this is obviously something people have had control over doing and it may, very well, be that these are something you will inevitably notice 

but in context how appropriate is it to be complimenting the customers at all?  also, are you hoping for a specific outcome in doing this?

Posted
I think complimenting nails is acceptable - provided, of course, you are certain that you are being honest with yourself about not expecting any kind of reciprocal advance. An eye-catching manicure is an artistic choice, as opposed to a physical attribute over which one has little or no control. One cannot even admire a tattoo as blamelessly as one might admire the fingernails; the compliment is on their style alone, not their physical attributes.
What you *don’t* do is ask “how they pick their nose / wipe their arse / pull their knickers up with those nails”. Ever. Are we clear on that, every random stranger I meet? Hmmm? Not even as a joke. I for one would be grateful for the courtesy ☺️💅🏻
Posted
I compliment ppl on their nails but I ***t my own so if I like theirs too why not - it’s pretty rare since as I guy I get more odd looks then not but I always appreciate the compliments when I get them
Posted
Do as you please it all depends on you if you make it creepy ore both we live in a world where no matter what you like say or do someone will always have an opinion and a dislike ore like about what you like or are into ore turns you on but with this you hold the power to com off as a nice person giving someone a nice compliment ore come off as a total creep and make them feel totally uncomfortable depending on how you go about it
Posted
5 hours ago, DuchessFeuille said:
I think complimenting nails is acceptable - provided, of course, you are certain that you are being honest with yourself about not expecting any kind of reciprocal advance. An eye-catching manicure is an artistic choice, as opposed to a physical attribute over which one has little or no control. One cannot even admire a tattoo as blamelessly as one might admire the fingernails; the compliment is on their style alone, not their physical attributes.
What you *don’t* do is ask “how they pick their nose / wipe their arse / pull their knickers up with those nails”. Ever. Are we clear on that, every random stranger I meet? Hmmm? Not even as a joke. I for one would be grateful for the courtesy ☺️💅🏻

I think it falls under this. You're complimenting someone's art/style. As long as you understand not everyone will be with you, it's okay. It's like saying "I like your hair." And you're not creepy about it. I don't think, OP, you're being creepy, but to everyone. Complimenting someone isn't a bad thing, it's when you get creepy/cross boundaries/get pushy that it becomes a problem.

Posted
10 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

a lot comes down to context

with nails this is obviously something people have had control over doing and it may, very well, be that these are something you will inevitably notice 

but in context how appropriate is it to be complimenting the customers at all?  also, are you hoping for a specific outcome in doing this?

I thought compliments were appropriate. Though some people think you’re giving compliments on them because you more than like them. I do it to see if they like me back for it, if they don’t, no biggie. I guess I want to give hints to them about my kinks, and see if they’re that kind too.

I don’t go beyond just a compliment though and in the past female customers never had problems with the compliments I gave them on their nails. Though that was at the time I was working for customer service. I no longer do now, but I wonder if it’s ok to start again. Most likely not on female customers but female employees perhaps? I may even go beyond the compliment a bit stating why I like them but nothing that leads to inappropriateness I hope. Most likely I would tell them that I liked the color and design or mention that’s my favorite color and/or design. Maybe even have a short discussion over the topic a bit. Nothing leading to inappropriate behavior.

I guess what got me complimenting ladies nails was this female customer had long artificial nails. I was looking at them constantly when I was with her, and she seem to notice me doing it too because after the transaction was finished, and after we said bye to each other, she came behind me, and scratched my back with her nails, and then she gave me a lusty look afterwards! You could say that moment is what influenced me to start complimenting ladies on their nails!!

Posted
24 minutes ago, GeneGrey said:

I thought compliments were appropriate. Though some people think you’re giving compliments on them because you more than like them. I do it to see if they like me back for it, if they don’t, no biggie. I guess I want to give hints to them about my kinks, and see if they’re that kind too.

I don’t go beyond just a compliment though and in the past female customers never had problems with the compliments I gave them on their nails. Though that was at the time I was working for customer service. I no longer do now, but I wonder if it’s ok to start again. Most likely not on female customers but female employees perhaps? I may even go beyond the compliment a bit stating why I like them but nothing that leads to inappropriateness I hope. Most likely I would tell them that I liked the color and design or mention that’s my favorite color and/or design. Maybe even have a short discussion over the topic a bit. Nothing leading to inappropriate behavior.

I guess what got me complimenting ladies nails was this female customer had long artificial nails. I was looking at them constantly when I was with her, and she seem to notice me doing it too because after the transaction was finished, and after we said bye to each other, she came behind me, and scratched my back with her nails, and then she gave me a lusty look afterwards! You could say that moment is what influenced me to start complimenting ladies on their nails!!

Complimenting someone “to see if they like you back” and “to hint about your kinks” - in a work environment, no less - are good reasons to never do it again.

Posted
10 hours ago, DuchessFeuille said:

I don’t expect further advances but I hope it does lead to it. But if it doesn’t, it’s not a big deal. I’m a person not a hound dog! Lol It’s like in those situations where both are feeling the same vibe between each other. That is what I’m hoping it leads to nothing ***d but honest reciprocation.

Oh I’m very aware of not going that far with those kind of compliments! Lol Yes, we’re definitely clear on that. It won’t go beyond an appropriate compliment on your nails. though I have joked on an employee’s nails in the past but we knew each other long enough to know it was ok to tease with each other. But certainly I would not joke on someone’s nails if I haven’t met them before.

Posted
Well I know to stop if it makes them feel uncomfortable. I guess there wouldn’t be any harm in complimenting their nails and going to further discussions about it for a few minutes. But if they don’t want to advance then I’m more than ok to stop talking about it or move on to something else.
Posted
33 minutes ago, DuchessFeuille said:

Complimenting someone “to see if they like you back” and “to hint about your kinks” - in a work environment, no less - are good reasons to never do it again.

Ok, I will restrain myself from doing it. Thank you for your wonderful advice!

Posted
8 minutes ago, GeneGrey said:

Ok, I will restrain myself from doing it. Thank you for your wonderful advice!

Even if your intentions were pure, I’m sure you would not wish to either cause or be placed in a situation where your actions were thought to be inappropriate. Safety and respect above all ☺️

Posted
8 minutes ago, DuchessFeuille said:

Even if your intentions were pure, I’m sure you would not wish to either cause or be placed in a situation where your actions were thought to be inappropriate. Safety and respect above all ☺️

I got one more thing to say about the topic. Is looking at their nails constantly is ok or should I stop that as well? I haven’t done it in awhile but I wonder was that inappropriate to do too.

Posted
5 hours ago, GeneGrey said:

I got one more thing to say about the topic. Is looking at their nails constantly is ok or should I stop that as well? I haven’t done it in awhile but I wonder was that inappropriate to do too.

I feel as though you’re asking my permission to cross other people’s boundaries, which of course I can’t give you. Although… how comfortable would you be if a stranger fixated on, say, your shirt collar, with “looking constantly”? It would shift from innocuous to creepy fairly fast, at a guess.

Posted
21 minutes ago, DuchessFeuille said:

I feel as though you’re asking my permission to cross other people’s boundaries, which of course I can’t give you. Although… how comfortable would you be if a stranger fixated on, say, your shirt collar, with “looking constantly”? It would shift from innocuous to creepy fairly fast, at a guess.

Ah ok, I understood. I will refrain myself from looking at their nails too, unless it’s hard to avoid such as them moving their hands around when they’re talking. Is that considered creepy too or fair?