Big cat's in England

Ch****

Posted

Is there anyone in England interested in the big cat sightings that are been seen alot lately in parts of England,  Scotland and Wales. 

In 1976 it became ilegal  to own big cats such as tigers , lions ect with out lots of permits. So people let them lose .

There as not only been videos an photos of big cats. There's also been DNA evidence of a panther in the GLOUCESTER area after black fur of a farmers fence was sent to be DNA tested an came back 99.9999 percent panther.

I'm rather interested to see what goes on . 

MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

Sounds interesting, reminds me of the rumours of the beast of bodmin which is suppost to be a panther

Posted
It's something iv gotten into. If you Google big cats England there's so many news articles
MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

Yes there is alot of stories out there picking out the facts and reading between the line is key

Posted

Sure is but the dna part was interesting 

MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

Yeah that is the really kool bit that was not available to investigators years ago when looking for these ***s, and for it to be 99.9% panther is something else, those ***s are so stealthy and good at staying hidden

Posted
2 hours ago, MrLeatherCrotchBoots said:

Sounds interesting, reminds me of the rumours of the beast of bodmin which is suppost to be a panther

There are persistent stories of big cats on Bodmin moor. I Know a number of people personally, who claim to have seen big cats on the Blackdown hills in Somerset.
I think that they are more likely to be there than not. Saying that, it is very difficult to prove their absence.

Posted
1 hour ago, MrLeatherCrotchBoots said:

Yeah that is the really kool bit that was not available to investigators years ago when looking for these ***s, and for it to be 99.9% panther is something else, those ***s are so stealthy and good at staying hidden

Yes the advances in science an DNA means we can do so much now.

I thinks awesome.  Who knows what else is out there

MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

Yeah who knows what could be out there, I always wonder what I might see when I am out hiking on the Mendip hills

Posted
I'd love to think that we have exotics living wild in the UK but I think it's highly unlikely.
The dangerous wild ***s act came in in the late 70's, most (non domestic cats) don't live past ***age years outside of capitivity and whilst that could be longer considering that they wouldn't be at risk of predators (other than humans), I don't know that they would have survived for so long. Depending on where the ***s were released they could have bred but, I'm guessing it wasn't coordinated and so not one location. If it were and they did, breeding two species/interbreeding would affect fertility, especially over a period of 50yrs.

Did you know that humans share 50-60% of DNA with banana's
We used to get reports, including photo's, of our wolves being in neighbouring villages and, well it simply wasn't true. The enclosure was built so that they could only dig down so far and was double gated/locked/no ability to climb out etc. It was a nice story though and a bit of publicity, we always went to the wolves first thing in the morning for a head count.
I mean, there was this one time in a hurricane that they did get out of the enclosure but not off of the grounds.
Posted
I think also, most large cats roam, they don't stay in one place for long, depending on resources such as food, breeding opps and territory, I think that we'd have more sightings over a wider geographic area if they we out there
Posted
3 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

I think also, most large cats roam, they don't stay in one place for long, depending on resources such as food, breeding opps and territory, I think that we'd have more sightings over a wider geographic area if they we out there

Yes there are more sightings over other areas . But Gloucester not only as farms but forests as well.  And we don't know exactly how many cats well let of in the 1970s but there were quite a few. 

Can not argue though with DNA

MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

A big cat like that will cover alot of miles in one day, the area they would roam across would be tens of miles across, plenty of places to hide in forested areas and farm land

Posted

People  forget that England as lots of farm land an forests an green belt areas. Big cats as you say can cover so many miles

Some people seem to think that during lock down  people  were not on the roads  as much the big cats started to cone out of hiding so to speak an explore more

MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

Also most people don't venture far into farmland or wooded areas so lots of space left for these ***s

Posted
5 minutes ago, MrLeatherCrotchBoots said:

Also most people don't venture far into farmland or wooded areas so lots of space left for these ***s

There's so much of England  that no 1 realy  goes into

Yes I agree.  It's just such an interesting  topic to me I was wondering if anyone else was into it.

Posted
Me and they guy I work with had what we could only describe as a big cat cross the road in front of us back in early 2000s in sonning. We were driving towards it and it was only 70-80 feet away. It came out of some bushes crossed infront of us then jumped up a mud bank around 6 foot high and disappeared in to a field. It was all black. We both said it looked like a panther. It was pretty unmistakable to be anything else
Posted
3 hours ago, Charms said:

There's so much of England  that no 1 realy  goes into

As someone who lives in the USA, the idea that the UK has vast uninhabited spaces is hilarious. Over here a "vast uninhabited space" refers to an area larger than the entire island. 

Posted

I`m somewhat cynical about big cats being loose in the UK, but there was once a big cat story that turned out to be true. In 1980 a farmer in rural Scotland set a trap to catch whatever creature was responsible for the killing of local livestock. He eventually caught an elderly female Puma who was given the name Felicity. She turned out to be semi-tame, being particularly fond of having her tummy tickled which can`t be said of most pumas. This obviously suggests she had been raised in captivity and was thus used to humans. She lived out the remainder of her days in a Scottish wildlife park, dying in about 1985. A taxidermist stuffed her body which is now on display in a museum somewhere. I`ve a friend called Felicity who`s one of the most placid, timid people I`ve ever known. However, every time I think of her I automatically think of a large ferocious wild cat. 

Posted
17 hours ago, Charms said:

Is there anyone in England interested in the big cat sightings that are been seen alot lately in parts of England,  Scotland and Wales. 

In 1976 it became ilegal  to own big cats such as tigers , lions ect with out lots of permits. So people let them lose .

There as not only been videos an photos of big cats. There's also been DNA evidence of a panther in the GLOUCESTER area after black fur of a farmers fence was sent to be DNA tested an came back 99.9999 percent panther.

I'm rather interested to see what goes on . 

If it had been pink fur and a panther that would of bee amazing 🤭🤭🤭

Posted
Personally I do believe the story's about the beast of Bodmin and how it was due to a failed zoo that released their big cats. Sadly though they would have long since passed from old age.
Now naturally it is possible they bred but for me the thing that makes me sceptical that there are any more is the massive rise of camera technology. Once extremely rare sightings are now being captured a lot thanks to various dashcams, CCTV and doorbell cameras.
Small meteors and debris falling to earth were once considered a once in a lifetime thing to witness but now scientists are able to figure out where they land based on the large amount of camera footage of them.
Not to mention that everyone now has a decent camera in their pocket attached to their phone. Thanks to this some things thought to not be real have been captured multiple times on film like rouge waves, giant squid ect. Sadly we haven't seen much more decent evidence of these cats.
Of course I'm not saying that's case closed as cats are stealthy and we do have large green belt areas lacking such cameras.
One thing to look forward to is with rewinding projects popping up across the UK should there be any big cats out there we should start to seemore wildlife coming out and may very well get our answer.
Posted
10 hours ago, Chiana said:

Me and they guy I work with had what we could only describe as a big cat cross the road in front of us back in early 2000s in sonning. We were driving towards it and it was only 70-80 feet away. It came out of some bushes crossed infront of us then jumped up a mud bank around 6 foot high and disappeared in to a field. It was all black. We both said it looked like a panther. It was pretty unmistakable to be anything else

Wow that sounds amazing an yet scarey. I bet if you was on uou own no 2 would of believed you if you told them

Posted
3 hours ago, Willow75 said:

If it had been pink fur and a panther that would of bee amazing 🤭🤭🤭

My queen you make me giggle  ty

Posted
3 hours ago, Charms said:

Wow that sounds amazing an yet scarey. I bet if you was on uou own no 2 would of believed you if you told them

I doubt that he would have.

He saw if before I did because he was driving the van. At first we though it was a large dog , then realising it was the wrong shape and had a really long thick tail. It was walking out into the road we were doing around 40mph and getting closer, it suddenly noticed us and leaped up the bank. And yes we both started saying did you see what I think I just saw. It was a clear sunny day so we couldn't miss it

Posted
52 minutes ago, Chiana said:

I doubt that he would have.

He saw if before I did because he was driving the van. At first we though it was a large dog , then realising it was the wrong shape and had a really long thick tail. It was walking out into the road we were doing around 40mph and getting closer, it suddenly noticed us and leaped up the bank. And yes we both started saying did you see what I think I just saw. It was a clear sunny day so we couldn't miss it

Oh I so wish I was there. I'd be scared but so excited

• Plus-Size Women

It's pretty clear that the Size 0 look isn't the norm. The average dress size in the UK, for example, is a 16 - meaning that the overwhelming majority of women don't fit what we currently consider to ...