Pregnancy and impact play

Ni****

Posted
A play friend of mine has just got pregnant. I’m really happy for her because she and her partner have been trying IVF for ages now.
😊

When we play together the focus is impact and ***.
I know about areas of the body to avoid outside of pregnancy and obviously the womb and whole stomach area will now be given extra consideration.

What I’m wondering is, will any intense sensations, caning or face slapping for example, possibly have a negative effect on her baby ?
Posted

I don't think has been any research done on this matter, but I'd suggest erring on the side of caution. On one side, you could argue that hits/slaps not directed at the stomach might be safe. On the other hand, (depending on how intensely you play), impact play can/will cause some degree of tissue damage and as such does cause a stress to the body, which you might want to avoid. Face slapping, I don't think would be a problem.
Maybe you can ease up on the intensity or find other things to do when you play during the pregnancy.

Talking with a doctor is always my recommendation, but I don't think they'll be able to give you a scientifically based answer. It's not really ethical to assign pregnant women to a weekly spanking in the name of science.

Posted (edited)

I feel it's probably a good idea to hold off anything heavy or intense until after child birth.  

given that anything can go wrong with pregnancy at any time - you wouldn't want someone rushed to hospital who also had slap marks on face or cane marks on arse unless they want social services to put them on a monitor list. 

Edited by eyemblacksheep
Posted (edited)

Generally anything that could affect the chemical balance of the body should be avoided during pregnancy as this could have a detrimental impact on the unborn child.

Impact play releases Adrenalin and other chemicals into the body due to the increased stress of the body preparing its fight or flight response. This in turn may (and likely will) have an effect on the baby - why would you put a baby through unnecessary stress?

Now add in to this that you have stated “they have been trying for ages through IVF”. an expensive procedure that only has a 50% chance of success. And you want to know whether you can put the woman’s body through trauma……..

She’s pregnant, she is not one person now, she’s two people.

Just No!

Edited by 4RCH
Posted
Yeah, I did wonder about the chemical changes during impact play.

Maybe it’s just gonna be vanilla for 9 months then.
Posted

I’m shocked that this is even a question but at the same time I’m also glad it’s been asked so people can learn.

Posted
4 minutes ago, NiceKindDaddy said:

Maybe it’s just gonna be vanilla for 9 months then.

Doesn’t need to be vanilla, use the time to explore other, less traumatic forms of play.

Posted
I’m glad I’m getting good explanations as to why it’s a bad idea.
Posted
Monday at 07:29 AM, 4RCH said:

Generally anything that could affect the chemical balance of the body should be avoided during pregnancy as this could have a detrimental impact on the unborn child.

Impact play releases Adrenalin and other chemicals into the body due to the increased stress of the body preparing its fight or flight response. This in turn may (and likely will) have an effect on the baby - why would you put a baby through unnecessary stress?

Now add in to this that you have stated “they have been trying for ages through IVF”. an expensive procedure that only has a 50% chance of success. And you want to know whether you can put the woman’s body through trauma……..

She’s pregnant, she is not one person now, she’s two people.

Just No!

I typed up an entire response before I read your comment, and you already said it all. It’s scary that this is even a question, but yeah, these questions need to be asked so they can be answered. Putting any type of undue stress on an unborn child is a hard pass.

Posted
1 hour ago, chloebella22 said:

I typed up an entire response before I read your comment, and you already said it all. It’s scary that this is even a question, but yeah, these questions need to be asked so they can be answered. Putting any type of undue stress on an unborn child is a hard pass.

Thanks for confirming