What does using the ‘Spank’ feature imply

Al****

Posted

What do you use the ‘Spank’ feature for? I try to use it to ask for a short message back but it’s always ignored. Is it the way of a d*c-pic-er? How else can I say I want to chat when I’ve used up my monthly quota of messages!

Posted
I think it's there as a means of trying to gain attention, but just like a message people have every right to ignore it - I personally pay them little attention and know that many others do too.
To me it's almost lazy to send a spank and then expect the other person to respond without there having been any level of effort put in other than clicking a button.
As for having used up your monthly message quota - I guess it depends how it's been used, if they have all been initial messages to prospective profiles you've never interacted with before then I'd respectfully suggest you are sending too many and taking a scattergun approach in the hope of baiting someone, anyone to respond.
If you want more messages you could always upgrade either using your site points or by paying.
Posted
I dont even know if it works, ive never seen anything to say ive recieved one
Posted
So sending a spank is showing interest, if they spank you back you can message past filters and limits, however anyone without paid membership (or the free trial of them) can not see who sent the spanks/likes.
Posted
I just use it to let someone know that I liked their profile.
Posted
Hmm.. I don't reply to spanks unless the profile of the spanker grabs my attention, then I might spank back or say hi but in general it can be seen as a lazy, very low effort way to get someone's attention so it will obvs get very little effort back from the recipient unless your profile itself grabs them enough.
Posted
I enjoy the Spank feature, as a sender and a receiver. It lets me let someone know I’m interested in them/lets me know someone is interested in me. Like gemini_man stated, we can all ignore anyone’s attention and aren’t obligated to message nor interact with anyone we don’t want. Whenever we visit someone’s page, they can see that we did so. Ok, cool. If they also spank it’s a step further that perhaps they liked something and want to chat. I’d prefer someone message me to let me know for sure and make contact, but it’s not possible in every instance.
If someone “spanks” and no further follow up happens, I figure they can’t message me first, or whatever, and send a message IF I’m interested in speaking with them. If no effort is returned, I ignore the spank and go about my business.
Posted
Spanks sends an alert to a member to basically say you like them, however you can only see who sent you a spank, if you have a Premium or VIP membership, so it's a pointless feature if the person doesn't have an upgraded membership, as they can't see that it was you who sent the spank.
MasterDarcy1979
Posted

Well, I imagine when you use it, a cyber hand reaches out for the device that you're on and it literally spanks the other person on the bottom.

Hey, it's 2023. Is that too much to ask?! We were supposed to have flying cars and hoverboards! 😜

The real answer is... dunno.

Maybe it highlights your profile when the receiver browses.

DarkArts1066
Posted
1 hour ago, Thermistocles said:
I just use it to let someone know that I liked their profile.

This.

It’s a at of letting someone know that you like - or have an interest in their profile.

They can then choose to do what they wish (or not) with that information.

More often than not, people see it as a lazy attempt at communication though - and ignore spanks.

I may be wrong about that, but that’s my feeling on it.
Sometimes people use it as a filter too.

I’m personally not sure what value it holds - other than possibly to direct people to your own profile for scrutinisation.

Posted
Spank = your hot button
Heart = I think we match
Posted
34 minutes ago, MasterDarcy1979 said:

Well, I imagine when you use it, a cyber hand reaches out for the device that you're on and it literally spanks the other person on the bottom.

Hey, it's 2023. Is that too much to ask?! We were supposed to have flying cars and hoverboards! 😜

The real answer is... dunno.

Maybe it highlights your profile when the receiver browses.

I think systems would overload (and literally smoke?! and or burst into flames?!) if that happened .. so. many. spanks would be going on… 😈😅

Posted

Not everyone uses it the same way. Sometimes, it's used as a simple note of appreciation even if there might not be interest. I used it this way on occasion as well have received spanks from profiles that are seemingly not at all compatible so I've reached out and asked before even. In those cases it was simple appreciation and nothing more, which was kind of nice honestly. 

Personally, if I send one it means I'd at least be interested in a conversation. 

Posted

I don't, usually. I can count on one hand (no pun intended) the number of people I've spanked so far in 2023; when I do it tends to be for one of three reasons. Either I've received a spank first, the sending profile actually interests me and so I'm sending one back to let them know - the onus then being on them to make actual conversation. Occasionally I might send a flirty spank to somebody to somebody I used to chat with lots/regularly but haven't in a while (months) if appropriate, as a way of letting them know I'm thinking of them but without the pressure of a full message. That often feels a bit icky though. The third situation is when I'm in a dynamic and my partner isn't present but needs a reaction/correction - them seeing that "spank" is a small yet literal visual notification that their ass is in for it at some point in the future.

More often than not though I ignore any I receive - the intent of the sender isn't clear, if someone is interested in me I expect them to use actual words to communicate and find out if we get along/might match. Most are from abroad anyway, which tells me all I need to know... 😆

MasterDarcy1979
Posted
1 hour ago, NexumSange said:

I think systems would overload (and literally smoke?! and or burst into flames?!) if that happened .. so. many. spanks would be going on… 😈😅

Yeah. Talk about a spank-athon.

That actually sounds like fun. ;)

Posted
To me, it's just a way to show potential interest, such as swiping on a regular dating site. If someone I've spanked, spanks me back, I assume they have at least some mutual interest in talking, and I'll proceed from there. If not, I'll assume either no interest, or at least no willingness to show any mutual effort in showing it, and I'll move on. Saves the rudeness/awkwardness of unwelcome approaches, ignored messages etc
Posted
I use it like, I'm telling you - I like what I see and id like to chat
Posted
12 hours ago, Aranhis said:

I don't, usually. I can count on one hand (no pun intended) the number of people I've spanked so far in 2023; when I do it tends to be for one of three reasons. Either I've received a spank first, the sending profile actually interests me and so I'm sending one back to let them know - the onus then being on them to make actual conversation. Occasionally I might send a flirty spank to somebody to somebody I used to chat with lots/regularly but haven't in a while (months) if appropriate, as a way of letting them know I'm thinking of them but without the pressure of a full message. That often feels a bit icky though. The third situation is when I'm in a dynamic and my partner isn't present but needs a reaction/correction - them seeing that "spank" is a small yet literal visual notification that their ass is in for it at some point in the future.

More often than not though I ignore any I receive - the intent of the sender isn't clear, if someone is interested in me I expect them to use actual words to communicate and find out if we get along/might match. Most are from abroad anyway, which tells me all I need to know... 😆

Ah, this reminds me, I'll also send spanks to friends just for the playful fun of it, especially if we've not had a chance to chat in a while. 

Posted
Yeah, but what about cheapskates like me who haven't paid a bunch of ***? I can't even see who 'spanked' me.
Posted
6 hours ago, Kakiemon said:

Yeah, but what about cheapskates like me who haven't paid a bunch of ***? I can't even see who 'spanked' me.

I've never paid in almost five years. You can use points to boost your membership for two weeks, then take a look during that time - that's what I've been doing.

But at the same time my attitude is one of, if they were that interested in me they should have sent more than a spank? So if they're trying to make a connection and miss out because I've only got a basic membership at a given time, that isn't my problem. My inbox is open to an actual conversation 🤷‍♂️

Posted
On 10/9/2023 at 7:00 AM, BrumDom2023 said:

Spanks sends an alert to a member to basically say you like them, however you can only see who sent you a spank, if you have a Premium or VIP membership, so it's a pointless feature if the person doesn't have an upgraded membership, as they can't see that it was you who sent the spank.

Women are able to see spanks even with the basic membership. 

Posted
12 hours ago, ThaliaVirago said:

Women are able to see spanks even with the basic membership. 

Good to know. After way too long.

Posted
It's fets version of like, can't be relied upon for anything other than that 🤷‍♂️