How demisexual people handle poly relationship.

Va****

Posted
This question keeps bugging me most time. Have you experienced it or been in one, let me know your thoughts.
Posted

Though I don't use the label, the definition of demisexual does describe how I process attraction, and I'm poly, I have experience with polyamorous relationships. I'm not sure what information you are looking for within demisexual relationships though, how do you think being demisexual might affect a polyamorous relationship?

Posted

I thought I posted a comment here already, idk what happened to it. 🙄

@ValkyrieTrainerwhat specifically are you wanting to know? Being demi doesn't prohibit someone from also being poly. I'm also wondering what your understanding is of what demisexual means and if you might be thinking of something else. 

MasterDarcy1979
Posted

As stated, being demisexual doesn't mean that you can't be in a Poly dynamic.

It's definitely possible to have a mental and emotionally stimulating bond with more than one person simultaneously.

Personally, it's rare enough for me to form a bond with one person never mind multiple people.

Poly is one of my few hard limits.

But yes, being demisexual in a Poly dynamic just requires time and patience. After all, it takes a wee while to forge a bond. Or at least, it does for me.

Posted

one would suspect potentially more passively

so for simplicity

active : I am looking for a partner/hook-up/play/etc/etc and am going to push to find someone - like messaging or approaching a lot of people I find attractive in the hope one will want to get to know me

passively : I am open to a partner/hook-up/play/etc/etc but would rather, kinda, see what happens.  That I might happen to get talking to someone in person or online and think "OK, yes..." and work things out from there.