Approaches from a naive

Yo****

Posted
To be honest you should be able to approach dominant people like anyone else, there's no protocol until you have rules and protocols in place.

Perhaps you can say you need to build up some trust first? That's if you intend to reveal your face to begin with, or can send a pic with your eyes obscured?
Posted
A simple "hi" is always good. Its all down to you if you do face pic reveal, I personally dnt let anyone have access to my private pics till it is decided if there is any conection or at least a message
Posted
You are a human being so is the dom. Ask anything , if there worth thier salt they answer honestly , that's my opinion
Posted
I am classed as a sub. But I am human as well , after all its only a Web based assumption you are what you are
mspdadbawdy
Posted
In my humble opinion, no honorifics unless you've established some kind of relationship and/or negotiated about it. And it's perfectly fine to deny a request for a face reveal. I usually don't reveal until I'm very certain I'm going to meet someone in person, which happens after chatting a bit online (like multiple days in a row).
Posted
Address them just as you would anyone else - at the point of first contact, and even several contacts after that they're not *your* dominant so honorifics etc aren't necessarily required (though some do state in their profile they are - so watch out for that, though personally someone expecting me to address them that way without knowing them wouldn't be for me).
Be respectful and polite as you would anyone you meet anywhere and you can't go wrong.
As for face pics - your call entirely when to release them, again personally I wouldn't send mine to someone demanding it in the first few messages, and certainly not if they've not engaged in some level of chat - that said I get some people want to establish attraction early on, but even so you can still chat at a general level without revealing your face.
Posted
Until you are comfortable sharing, don't share -- pics, info, phone #, anything. When you consent to give someone control (even in a small way) then decide what to share. As far as how to approach a dom, just say "Hi". If you want to dress it up with some "please, Sir" or "Your profile is very interesting", then do it IF you are comfortable doing so. Just the "Hi" gets a dom's attention, they will take it from there. Good luck in your discoveries.
Posted
Use their screenname in initial conversation until such time that the discussion moves on and your both comfortable. Honorific shouldn't be used until such that that that's also agreed by both.
In terms of face pictures. When you feel the time is right. Don't be pushed into doing anything you don't want and if someone was suggesting they'd only chat if they knew what my face looks like I'd certainly give them a wide berth. It's an indication that aesethics are of greater importance to them than anything else
Posted
We're just people, just chat and use their screen name if you want to address us at all
Posted
Just say hello 👋

If you don’t feel comfortable I wouldn’t face reveal until you’re ready . If anybody’s demanding that that’s not someone I want to hang out with 🤗
Posted
we’re still human talk to us like literally anyone else read our profile etc as for facepics and pictures in general its best to wait until you’ve spoken a little bit and gotten to know each other or are at least comfortable with each other
Posted
I am a dom and totally agree with Copperknob
arcticdoll
Posted
I treat them like real people and have non-sexualized conversation with them until the kink and any interest in a connection comes up organically
Posted
Crawl towards them
Posted
I only talk to girls for love or for ***, if I don't think you can bring one of those things into my life I'm not wasting my time trying to find out. I have a lot of options so I'll exchange a few words before seeing you if you reach out, but if I like the vibe I'm gonna want to see what I'm dealing with. Im picky so no hard feelings if I don't continue to reply, I'm sure you do it all the time.
Posted
Until you’ve agreed to a dynamic of some level, they are just another human. There should be no submission or honorifics until a clear and open conversation has taken place.
Be as anxious as you would be greeting any new acquaintance.
They might be ‘a Dom’, but they are definitely not ‘your Dom’ until you say so.
Posted
Anxiety and nervousness are part of my pleasure dom kink. It's hot when you're nervous. Ties into the primal side..
Posted
With the same respect any of us should approach another. I know I’m echoing what others have said, but we are all equally valuable human beings. Until you decide to submit to someone, I would pretty much see them as an equal.

A face reveal, as you called it, I get that. I specially if you are seriously seeking a relationship. As a Don of over 20 years, I’m very skeptical of ANY female profile who approaches and starts wanting to “communicate outside of what ever platform you are on. 97.3% scammers.

I’ll ask you to take a pic while showing a specific hand sign etc. that usually tuns the scammers off. But if someone starts trying to be your “Dom” right away, they are likely less experienced than it sounds like you need.

Just be yourself. Be honest. Be smart and safe.

Best of luck to ya!
Posted
1 hour ago, MarektheBearded said:
Until you’ve agreed to a dynamic of some level, they are just another human. There should be no submission or honorifics until a clear and open conversation has taken place.

This. 10000000% this

DarkArts1066
Posted
6 hours ago, MarektheBearded said:

Agreed with this - although I would substitute the word ‘cautious’ for ‘anxious’

Posted

talking entirely for online

Step 1 - read their profile.  do they expressly mention how they'd like, or not like, to be addressed?

(some people find it a turn off if the person says "you will call me Mistress/Master/whatever" in the first message - some people do not. This is in info)

Step 2 - if they do not mention a requirement for address - then just address as their user name

Step 3 - approach them as if they're a, you know, person.  You get a little further if you're interested in the person as a whole, and not just the element that satisfies your wants 

Posted
3 hours ago, DarkArts1066 said:

Agreed with this - although I would substitute the word ‘cautious’ for ‘anxious’

A fair point

Posted
I’ll add to that step 4. Trust your gut, if during the conversation, something seems off about the person you’re talking to don’t ignore your instincts, especially if they are trying to convince you to join other websites to keep talking.