Why does hardly anyone write a proper profile?

Posted

I’ve just scanned through the first page of 24 profiles on the “browse” section relating to my area. Only two people have bothered their arses to write more than just a few words and almost all the others didn’t write anything at all! A few have put something along the lines of “I’m looking to try new things...”, which tells us nothing! That’s their prerogative of course, but how are we supposed to meet compatible people if they don’t tell us what they are looking for?

I have written quite a bit on my profile, and some of my other posts give a good idea of what I’m into, but come on, people, let’s have at least a few sentences telling us what you’re looking for! Thanks...

Posted

This is one of my pet peeves!

I appreciate that we are all different but i think the profiles are one of the most important things. I love reading them, some are absolutely brilliant...

It's interesting reading someone's profile, and their posts, it gives you a sense of who they are and it's a conversation opener.

Posted
I've gotten *** off quite a few "men" on this site about my profile. Apparently no real person would ever sit and write a profile. They get really really nasty. I'm almost ready for leaving the site I'm so fed up of it. So maybe that's why? Maybe others get this *** too so deleted the text on their profiles?
Posted

I think - on one hand it's up to the individual how much or little they write (providing it's not just copying and pasting anothers profile) but on another - it's such a wasted opportunity sometimes

Posted

I can see it from both sides. Rightly or wrongly if there is virtually no input on a profile I assume they are on here for material for their wank bank. 

On the other hand so many people don't bother to read profiles, it clearly states on our profile that we are monogomous, I even posted a definition of monogomy for clarity. 

My favourite message content to date has got to be;

Me - You did read our profile and understand we are monogomous? 

Them - Yeah, sounds fun, so you guys interested in me being your sex slave? 

Lord give me strength lol. 

I think the moral of the story is there will always be certain kinds of behaviour on social media regardless of it's theme. 

Posted
23 hours ago, DaisyMae said:

I've gotten *** off quite a few "men" on this site about my profile. Apparently no real person would ever sit and write a profile. They get really really nasty. I'm almost ready for leaving the site I'm so fed up of it. So maybe that's why? Maybe others get this *** too so deleted the text on their profiles?

Yup.. you're damned whatever you do, the more polite criticisms, in my case anyway are generally along the lines of "wtf, you expect me to read all that!"  Or "clearly you're fake no one real writes that much". I obviously disagree, communication is about more than chatting, it's expression of self too, and I initially joined here believing the site to dating based, so wanted to give a true and honest reflection of who I am..and I'm drawn to profiles that do the same, they don't have to be thousands of words long..but "hit me up" or "ask me" inspire nothing but boredom or a click on the back button.

Posted

Well thank you to all those that have opined about this apparently tricky subject. Clearly it seems that a balance must be reached between giving absolutely nothing away and boring readers to tears. How I giggled though, at Remounters’ post! Very funny, but so true. Not only can some folk evidently not read, but some would appear to have very little matter, grey or otherwise, between their ears!

Nobody wants to trawl through pages of self-indulgent opinionated clap trap about what somebody expects in their idealistic (and probably unrealistic: we all have to compromise) world, but at least a few sentences would be a start as to some indication of whether there is potentially any mileage at all in pursuing a particular member. Sparse and generic one line profiles are usually barely worth a second look in my opinion.

Someone recently contacted me exactly because I had been specific about my fantasies and fetishes. That’s surely what this site is for: to help people find compatible others, whether that’s just for social contact, sexual or physical encounters, friendly chats, long (or short) term relationships or something else. By giving relevant information, others can then pick up on the bits that tick their boxes. Of course, almost everyone reading this will have a decent profile and we’re therefore preaching to the converted! Ho hum...

Posted

I have also had *** about my profile but I'm wary of speaking to someone with a blank profile. I get that it's confidential and you don't need to share your deepest desires, but put some effort in. Also, people who write 'will do this later' are immediately chucked in the buffs because they're lazy and I ain't got no time for that :)

DarkNecessities
Posted
Wow...who the hell gives someone *** because they opened up a bit on their profile? I mean, I get it. Some profiles come off as arrogant or over-dramatic, or maybe just kinks you don't get. But if that is the case, hit the back button and move the fuck on. Seriously, this is the last community where someone should be throwing stones. For those below who have been subjected to this, don't leave. Don't give the fuckers the satisfaction. Block them, ban them and move on. Asshats are everywhere in the world, don't let that 10% of the population dictate what you can enjoy.
Posted
I wrote on mine, it saves the same questions over and over!
Posted
On 10/7/2019 at 5:34 PM, DaisyMae said:

I’ve just scanned over your profile and think it’s wonderful. I’m always suspicious of blank profiles so going to go ensure mine is up to date - please ignore them and stay, the community needs genuine and complex, beautiful people.

Posted
On 10/22/2019 at 8:21 PM, Pan-UK said:

I’ve just scanned over your profile and think it’s wonderful. I’m always suspicious of blank profiles so going to go ensure mine is up to date - please ignore them and stay, the community needs genuine and complex, beautiful people.

Aww thank you ❤️🥰

Posted

it doesn't bother me much, I look their fetishes and kinks to see if its compatible with mine. As long they reply to messages its fine, most don't and don't even log in for months. Whats important is communication.

Posted

It depends on what people are using the site for, personally a blank profile i just ignore, as there is nothing really to communicate about.  A little effort even if it's very basics goes a long way to showing a real person etc.  I can't understand why people get *** over it, this shows me these are people to stay well clear of.

As long as communication is flowing, you get to know more of a real person than just words on a profile.  But yes sometimes it can be weeks between people logging back on for a quick browse, tends to curtail most communication.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Ok, A little update: just done the same exercise again, and out of the first 24 profiles, only 7 have a photograph on them. And only 3 of those have a photograph of a face that is visible.

It’s interesting that on the next 3 pages or 72 profiles, the figures work out that there are 42 profiles with photographs, of which 17 have visible photographs of faces. I guess this means that with time, people do decide to upload photographs, and with more time, people decide to put photographs on their faces on their profiles. even so, 17 out of 72 is not a big percentage!