Where are my fellow gardening kinksters?

green3yedcat

green3yedcat
Posted
Is spring coming early or not? This weather is so bizzare, My plants yearn for the ☀️. How many of my fellow kinksters are into gardening, and if you do garden what are you growing this season?
Posted
Here! Me! 😄
I had twelve baby trees hardening only to have temps drop to below freezing after 60° days who didn’t make it. 😭😭😭 Just discovered the two baby lilacs that had also been planted at the same time are budding!! Fanned my spark and am more excited for the coming season. Garden Hopes for the months ahead: Herbs, maybe some beans, a few veggies, and a few showy pollinators for the Butterflies and Bees (and our eyes of course!)
Posted

Meeee. 

My apple tree is already growing leaves, has been for a month. I've had wild pansies growing already!

Hoping to get some veggies going soon, but the temperature here in the UK is soooo up and down its crazy. 3°c right now at 4am, yet this time yesterday it was 11°c 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈

It's all a bit up in the air this year 

Posted
No it’s been raining since last august 😂
Posted
I grow peppers I currently have 8 plants growing. Death spirals, butch taylor Reaper scorpions, dragons breath and Biquinho multi colored. The Biquinho’s are to eat. The others are to watch cocky people lose their dignity.
Posted
I used to grow weed for a living for like 5 years. Does that count??? lol!! For real tho I love all plants
Posted
Just got myself an allotment...
I have sown lettuce,tiger striped tomatoes, radishes, beetroot, spring onions, and chilli.

I have honeysuckle, jasmine, and passiflora to plant in a couple of weeks and currently weeding my 1/3 plot a little bit at a time.

Hope that suffices the question asked. 😉
Posted (edited)

The constant rain here Northern UK has hampered sewing a lot of things down the allotment.  At least I have the main crops seeding on the kitchen window,  Toms, Kale, Beetroot, Leeks and butternut.   

Onion sets have been left growing over winter for a nice spring crop, just whish the soil wasn't so soaked so i can get the Tatties in.  But the fruit orchard is in full swing, I just leave that to nature after an early prune, Logen berries "giant uber sweet blackberries" for lots of yummy homemade jam, a few cherry trees that for some  reason i end up eating the crop before it gets home hahaha same for the large starwberry patch.

It keeps me busy and out of mischief!

Edited by smeagol
Posted
1 hour ago, smeagol said:

The constant rain here Northern UK has hampered sewing a lot of things down the allotment.  At least I have the main crops seeding on the kitchen window,  Toms, Kale, Beetroot, Leeks and butternut.   

Onion sets have been left growing over winter for a nice spring crop, just whish the soil wasn't so soaked so i can get the Tatties in.  But the fruit orchard is in full swing, I just leave that to nature after an early prune, Logen berries "giant uber sweet blackberries" for lots of yummy homemade jam, a few cherry trees that for some  reason i end up eating the crop before it gets home hahaha same for the large starwberry patch.

It keeps me busy and out of mischief!

Oooooo Loganberries!! 🤤🤘🏽

Posted
Cucumelons, Spring onion, some fresh climbing ivy and going to try some fruits this year.
Posted
I just assembled my first of three 8' raised beds. I'll probably get them filled in time for the next season lol.
My indoor plants are bursting and ready for repotting. But my favorite is my carnivorous plant collection.
DannySW96
Posted

Hello,new here

I started sowing carnivorous plants last year :)
Curious how it will go.
I dream about having a large garden someday.

Posted

Love being in the garden, sadly too wet at the moment. Grass is growing apace!

Posted

just knacked myself this weekend, getting everything ready for the Easter Hols as it's going to monsoon here as per usual for a week prior to the easter holibobs arghhhhh

Misty_Jax
Posted
I just moved to San Antonio, Texas from Florida and my orchids are doing great now that they have acclimated to the environment. I'm so proud of them!
Posted
🌻The weather is all over the place here but I started spring gardening anyway. I’m growing all sorts of things (herbs, veggies, fruits, flowers, cacti, …) including a variety of sunflowers of course😉. Just plucked my first strawberry of the season. Happy Gardening Y’all 🌱
Posted

thank gawd i decided to break my body digging potato trenches, would be nearly 3 weeks if the weather holds off for planting, over a weeks solid rain up here arrghhhhh.  Just thank my lucky stars for the large green house and 30m long polytunnel for the other veg.  Hoping the hedgehogs come back and hence no need for slug pellets.

Posted
I’m in Pennsylvania and grow all types of berries,veggies, herbs and flowers and also raise chickens for eggs.
Dude0069
Posted

I love gardening! The tricky part is the Texas climate is too hot during the summer to grow anything, so we have a separate spring and fall season. Also, winter is just cold enough to freeze your crops, so growing anything that doesnt love heat is tricky. Anyone else have experience and tips for growing in 100+ degrees? 

Posted
This is my second year for gardening. I’m in Texas and my main focus is peppers and tomatoes.
Gwarthus
Posted

ive always enjoyed gardening, i make a habit in the summer of rescuing dead or dying store plants and helping them flourish

• 2 weeks later...
FatFreddy
Posted

Hi

Got 5 giant pots of strawberry's going nuts on well rooted manure, well as radishes. Couple of rubarb plants coming along slowly and tomato plants, tough plants that they are, survived the frost few days ago. I put out 5 baby pumpkins last week,slugs got one, poor thing. So I bought 4 5l plastic water bottles, cut the bottoms off and inverted them over the plants. Acts as a minuture greenhouse, protects from Frost and the open hole will regulate the temperature, they are doing fine. Spuds have been in pots for a month now, sprouting really strong. Hopefully this summer will be something to look forward to.

Posted
I planted a cathedral rose bush, pompass grass, 2 pink dogwood trees, morning glories, peonies and irises. Waiting for the ground to dry to plow and plant pumpkins🚜
Posted

We have 5 acres here in iowa. currently we have a small patch of wheat from the fall and garlic. mice got all my starts sooo trying to figure that out but we are still freezing at night so i have plenty of time. I am using seed time app and it is def a help.