Distance Between Us

in****

Posted
Distance between us.
Does it matter?
I can feel you, but not touch you;
I’m in your head with you, but not there.
Words on screen become fantasy;
So strong it’s almost real.
Almost.
Miles and oceans between us;
If only they’d dissolve.
If I could just touch you once.
When the green light goes on;
The heart ignites.
I’ll settle for this.
Until one day, maybe.
Just maybe.
Distance between us.
Does it matter?
I can feel you, but not touch you.
One day, maybe…

- Intellectual Ruffian

(I wrote this for all the kinksters on here who have had, and are having, amazing connections on here - myself included. But distance between us all is the only obstacle. Oh, the heartache).
delight_of_life
Posted (edited)

i've wished all those miles, and also that ocean, to go away so many times now.  but they so selfishly refuse to indulge me.  i know so well what You speak of.  The longing that never ceases.  But oh how beautiful the experience of connections, which make the distance disappear for a few amazing moments.  Bittersweet.    Thank You @Intellectual Ruffian ...  well written.

Edited by delight_of_life
Posted
6 minutes ago, delight_of_life said:

i've wished all those miles, and also that ocean, to go away so many times now.  but they so selfishly refuse to indulge me.  i know so well what You speak of.  The longing that never ceases.  But oh how beautiful the experience of connections, which make the distance disappear for a few amazing moments.  Bittersweet.    Thank You @Intellectual Ruffian ...  well written.

Thank you for that beautiful comment 🙏. It’s harsh, tragic, and beautiful all at once, connecting with people very far away. But you’re right; in the moment, the distance can seem to disappear, if only fleetingly…