What do you know about alpha-sub's?

Posted
As a Dom, this term is something I'm just starting to see. I have got to say, I DO like the definition... thank you for broadening my horizons!
Posted
This is a contradiction, in my humble view.
A sub is can never be Alpha, that would be oxymoronic.
A submissive that assists a dominant remains submissive through direction and control.
Respectfully femkitten, you permit your submissive to express their switch traits, or pander to your own submissive whims. Control is non-negotiable unless a mutual shift in dynamic is evident, as appears to be the case here.
Posted
Yes, unfortunately the term alpha is now associated so much with alpha males and that whole side of things that it causes a lot of confusion when trying to explain what we are!
Posted
I’ve had a few alpha subs its a little more common when you have your own dungeon and are dealing with multiple subs at a time its not so much seen in a day to day one on one although it can be and makes things a bit more interesting 
Posted
This is true but some alpha subs are Sadist to other subs with out permission an it turns out cause their jealous. So the Dom/Master/Owner needs to be careful an go over all rules now an then
Posted
This is the first time I have seen someone using this therm
Posted

2 hours ago, Come_here_littleboo said:

A submissive that assists a dominant remains submissive through direction and control.
Respectfully femkitten, you permit your submissive to express their switch traits, or pander to your own submissive whims. Control is non-negotiable unless a mutual shift in dynamic is evident, as appears to be the case here.

Your reading comprehension seems to be a bit off there. 

To clarify the OP's explanation. It's not about personality but position of authority over other submissives who all have the same dominant. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Bulma said:

Why would a dominate need an alpha sub?

They explained in the post. If a Dominant has multiple submissives they might give a level of authority to the most experienced and trusted amongst them over the rest if they feel the need. For example, to serve as proxy when the Dominant isn't present. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, ThaliaV said:

They explained in the post. If a Dominant has multiple submissives they might give a level of authority to the most experienced and trusted amongst them over the rest if they feel the need. For example, to serve as proxy when the Dominant isn't present. 

I would even extend that further to say that the (role of) alphasub is more of a tool for the Dom, and can be used both in and out of the bedroom.

Posted
26 minutes ago, ComradeCarpenter said:

I would even extend that further to say that the (role of) alphasub is more of a tool for the Dom, and can be used both in and out of the bedroom.

Obviously. 

I won't speak for the OP but I wasn't even thinking of anything sexual. BDSM isn't inherently sexual and it's really frustrating to me how most I see on this site seem to view it as a style of sex or something. 

Posted
To me the concept of aloha sub is very clear. I've owned more tha one slave at the same time and for me it came natural to define roles and hierarchy.
An alpha sub/slave doesn't necessarily have to be a switch. She is still serving me and direct other slaves the same way she would apply her skills in vomoleting any other task/order for me.
Posted
I might add that an alpha sub should also act as a role model for the less experienced subs. Did your experience reflect this?
Posted
Some may see a contradiction in the term itself, I get that. But the term only defines the ranking of a sub within a group of subs in a dungeon/harem. For those who had the opportunity to read John Norman's novels known as the "Gorean Saga" the term alpha-sub is comparable to the term "1st girl" used in those novels. There the 1st girl manages the slaves in the household even to the extent that she dishes out punishment for misbehaviour.
Posted

sometimes it feels like a misused term - often when a submissive is actually not a submissive but enjoys play deemed submissive and directing it - which has many terms, but 'submissive' isn't one of them ;)

But no - I'm aware of the concept of Alpha Submissive usually in "Households" or any form of multi-sub arrangements.

I guess think in a work place, you might have a Manager, and a team below them, but there might be someone who has no desire to be a manager but whose role includes - occasionally deputising, mentoring others on the team, being a point of contact, so on.     It's a similar concept in some kink set ups.

It doesn't work in all, even all multi-sub arrangements - but yeah an Alpha Sub in these circumstances may on times be an intermediary to help and support other subs (especially newer ones) or delegate tasks, and to help make sure everyone is doing OK to take the workload of the Dominant.

It might not necessarily even come down to personality, but for example they may also be in a romantic relationship with the Dominant, or may be a longer serving sub (and so knows a lot inside out) or so on

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MasterGreed said:

I might add that an alpha sub should also act as a role model for the less experienced subs. Did your experience reflect this?

That's generally a part of it from my observation of friends and others. As @eyemblacksheep mentioned they're often the longer serving submissive and more experienced out if a particular Dominant's submissives and/or also in a romantic relationship with them. 

Another example I can think of where an alpha sub might come into play is a professional Dominant. Their alpha submissive might be their actual life/romantic partner who is still only a submissive but helps them with their pro work. 

Again, it's not about the submissive's personality but an assigned position of hierarchy and responsibilities. 

Edited by ThaliaV
Posted
19 hours ago, Elfikie said:
Out of curiosity, is there such thing as a Beta-Dom, would this be the pair for the alpha-sub?

Actually yes, though not often titled as a beta. betas are usually subs that show promise to earn alpha-sub status and are currently training to move up.

Posted
18 hours ago, Come_here_littleboo said:

I can see why there is confusion, but I assure you the term is not to describe a switch or one who desires dominance over other subs. As stated in the post the alpha-sub is "tasked" with things the Owner needs. This means everything an alpha-sub does is directed by the Owner and therefore the alpha-sub is still in full submission. It is their way of further serving their Owners needs.

Posted
18 hours ago, Vodolorptas said:
I’ve had a few alpha subs its a little more common when you have your own dungeon and are dealing with multiple subs at a time its not so much seen in a day to day one on one although it can be and makes things a bit more interesting 

Very true and thank you for commenting. I was an alpha-sub for an Owner who had up to 30 other subs at a time and running a business. She simply needed someone She trusted to help and I lived for the smile on Her face and providing Her the ability to rest after a long day knowing everything was completed that day.

Posted
10 hours ago, BlackFlogger said:
Some may see a contradiction in the term itself, I get that. But the term only defines the ranking of a sub within a group of subs in a dungeon/harem. For those who had the opportunity to read John Norman's novels known as the "Gorean Saga" the term alpha-sub is comparable to the term "1st girl" used in those novels. There the 1st girl manages the slaves in the household even to the extent that she dishes out punishment for misbehaviour.

Thank you so very much for you're post 🖤. It's always nice to see someone understand a position I hold close to my heart.

Posted
12 hours ago, MasterGreed said:

Absolutely! A perfect addition to my post. Thank you!