Jump to content
morris159

Is it me or the rope

Recommended Posts

Posted

Having read a letter by someone about how being tied in rope made them feel (can forward their writing if anyone wants to read the whole thing.)

But basically they felt with shibari, that they were not the important bit that the rope was the object with perfect knots and the symmetry of ropes, rather than because of the restraint, that sense of being bound tight, of being hugged so closely that I don't get to make decisions any more. Just surrendering to the knots.  I myself have a great respect for any bottom I tie. I am of course trying to perfect how a tie looks but I feel (and hope) it comes across that the bottom is still the most important element in any tie I do.

I would love to know peoples opinions as to how they feel about being tied , if they care about how the tie looks or if it's just the feeling of being restrained that matters. People sometimes look at the published pictures of these slim beautiful creatures tied in wonderfully tied ways and think I would never look like that and shy away from trying.

In my time I have tied 4'10” to over 6' of varying sizes all have looked wonderful tied. So once again if you've been tied or have an opinion I would love to know what you think.

  • Like 8
Posted
I'd love to read the letter, if all relevant parties would still be happy to share it? As for the question, I have yet to experience being a rigger. Emphasis on the "yet". The appearance of the knots is important, as it shows confidence and skill, but a rope cage requires a rope bunny, and so the bunny is the most important part. Beyond that, in terms of the mental effects, the knots are only the tool. It is the restraining sensation on the bunny that is key to the whole experience, so to that extent the rope is nothing more than necessity
  • Like 1
Posted

DanteReign you'll have to send me a message as I can't send to you if you want the whole text. 

  • Like 1
Fairylight
Posted
Personally, regardless of the rope being perfect i dont feel it would look good on me.
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I've seen your pictures I'm sure it would suit you fine but that wasn't really the main point it's if you feel you or the tie is the most important.

Edited by morris159
  • Like 1
Posted
With only having had my wrists tied so far I’m still learning and experiencing it but for me it is slightly a bit of both I love the feel of the rigger hands moving across my skin as he wraps and ties and each caress is his way of making me feel important but I also like the finished not and how that looks aswell as them in theirselves are to me a work of art
  • Like 3
Fairylight
Posted

I would say both are pretty equal, you cant have one without the other. 

  • Like 2
Posted
37 minutes ago, Fairylight said:

I would say both are pretty equal, you cant have one without the other. 

well that's the way I feel but obviously the person who I quoted didn't feel the same way. 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I would love to try suspension....like the sheer thought of it I find so very enticing and enthralling....it's for sure up there on my need to try. I guess I have the heart of a rope bunny but not the body that would do it justice...and that's where my biggest downfall lays. It's very hard to imagine (knowing that I'm pretty solid and FAR from delicate) that there's ANY suspension form out there that could withhold such tension....so although it breaks my heart everytime I watch the sheer pleasure and dazed look in a submissive/rope bunny's face...I've adapted and learnt to appreciate it from a distance. Much respect to the intricacy of all that You achieve Morris.

Edited by saphy
Spelling error
  • Like 1
Fairylight
Posted
1 hour ago, saphy said:

I would love to try suspension....like the sheer thought of it I find so very enticing and enthralling....it's for sure up there on my need to try. I guess I have the heart of a rope bunny but not the body that would do it justice...and that's where my biggest downfall lays. It's very hard to imagine (knowing that I'm pretty solid and FAR from delicate) that there's ANY suspension form out there that could withhold such tension....so although it breaks my heart everytime I watch the sheer pleasure and dazed look in a submissive/rope bunny's face...I've adapted and learnt to appreciate it from a distance. Much respect to the intricacy of all that You achieve Morris.

Ditto xx

  • Like 2
MissTillysue
Posted
14 hours ago, saphy said:

I would love to try suspension....like the sheer thought of it I find so very enticing and enthralling....it's for sure up there on my need to try. I guess I have the heart of a rope bunny but not the body that would do it justice...and that's where my biggest downfall lays. It's very hard to imagine (knowing that I'm pretty solid and FAR from delicate) that there's ANY suspension form out there that could withhold such tension....so although it breaks my heart everytime I watch the sheer pleasure and dazed look in a submissive/rope bunny's face...I've adapted and learnt to appreciate it from a distance. Much respect to the intricacy of all that You achieve Morris.

It is such a shame that the majority of pics that we see of rope are of slender, supple young women being tied in intricate ties. Rope is about much more than this, it is about the feeling of the rope across your skin, the vibration as it is pulled through, the restriction of movement and a whole host more. These things are still present no matter what your body size or shape. Anyone is capable of being suspended and suspension ties can be altered to suit any body....even my arthritic joints have been suspended!! Please give it a go if its what you want

  • Like 6
Posted

This was the main reason to put this question out there thank you MissTillysue. We need to hear more from people like yourself 

  • Like 1
Posted
I think being a rope bunny is something I feel myself almost craving to experience now, every time I see pictures or videos I yearn so badly to experience those feelings and emotions but yes I echo what others have said and dont feel comfortable with my body and feel it would be such an intimate experience that I couldnt just be a rope bunny for anyone kind of thing and go to a rope jam or something without an already known and trusted partner
  • Like 3
Ziggyfrost
Posted

I love being tied I have been tied many times. And to me that’s not the look of the tie It is the feeling of being bound  that does it for me. I do not pay attention to the nots.

  • Like 2
butterflybambi
Posted

I don't think I would like to try full suspension, I do enjoy being tied as I like the feeling of being restrained knowing my master has full control of me and how much or little movement he allows me.  I get concerned when I read/get told about inexperienced being tied up then having extreme accidents. I have been being tied for a number of years and even I have had a serious accident, slid off the bed while one leg was tied resulting in a badly broken hip

  • Like 1
Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your mishap Bambi accidents can happen but when I tie the control I take and I would hope all who do,  takes account of your total welbeing. 

  • Like 1
butterflybambi
Posted

it was my fault. Master decided to tickle me

  • Like 2
Posted
2 hours ago, Lyndsey said:

I think being a rope bunny is something I feel myself almost craving to experience now, every time I see pictures or videos I yearn so badly to experience those feelings and emotions but yes I echo what others have said and dont feel comfortable with my body and feel it would be such an intimate experience that I couldnt just be a rope bunny for anyone kind of thing and go to a rope jam or something without an already known and trusted partner

trust as in so many ways, as with communication is the basis of Rope, D/s and many other dynamics.

  • Like 1
Posted

that is so very true morris159 and again a very dangerous and risky thing to try with someone you dont trust completely, as already exampled by butterflybambi it is so very easy to be hurt and injured if not done correctly and with adequate safety precautions in place

  • Like 2
xchrystalx
Posted
Love it! The giving of control. The trust and the bond to let go and give over to someone else.
  • Like 4
Posted
I loveeeee both sides of the rope but sometimes crave one more than the other. Being ties up let's me loose control and feel snug...restrained cosy....craving it right now :((((
  • Like 1
MrT65
Posted

I have spoken to my Ds partner and beautiful rope bunny Jinx for her views on this which I'm sure she will add to but she tells me (as far as I rememver🤔) that she enjoys the empowerment it gives me to be able to fully restrain her and also enjoys the touch and communication between rigger and bunny in working together to create the tie. This is added to by feeling of her almost being simaltaneously being held, positioned and cuddled all over by the rope and therefore by the rigger, if that makes sense. 

Personally I love everything about rigging. I find it a beautifully creative way to draw attention to the model's body and I always strive to make (Not always successfully due to me being relatively new to rigging), a perfect and often erotic fusion between model and rope. The patterns and knots hopefully draw the viewers attention to the models body and leads the eye to examine the complete vision in a totally different light. Size and shape of the model makes no difference to this wonderful effect. I also love the angles and symmetry that can be created and view each tying session almost in a mathematical sequence and as creating a living work of art. 

  • Like 2
GentlemanandLady
Posted
We L❤️VE it! 😄
  • Like 1
MrT65
Posted
22 hours ago, Fairylight said:

Ditto xx

Saphy & Fairylight

I've personally tied 20 tonnes of timber to the back of a lorries and driven it all over the country. There is nothing and noone that can't be restrained or suspended by rope. 

Go enjoy it 😁😁

  • Like 1
Jinx
Posted
53 minutes ago, MrT65 said:

I have spoken to my Ds partner and beautiful rope bunny Jinx for her views on this which I'm sure she will add to but she tells me (as far as I rememver🤔) that she enjoys the empowerment it gives me to be able to fully restrain her and also enjoys the touch and communication between rigger and bunny in working together to create the tie. This is added to by feeling of her almost being simaltaneously being held, positioned and cuddled all over by the rope and therefore by the rigger, if that makes sense. 

Personally I love everything about rigging. I find it a beautifully creative way to draw attention to the model's body and I always strive to make (Not always successfully due to me being relatively new to rigging), a perfect and often erotic fusion between model and rope. The patterns and knots hopefully draw the viewers attention to the models body and leads the eye to examine the complete vision in a totally different light. Size and shape of the model makes no difference to this wonderful effect. I also love the angles and symmetry that can be created and view each tying session almost in a mathematical sequence and as creating a living work of art. 

Firstly I must say that I am very proud of the way that my Sir has described our roping sessions. I love to see the concentration on his face and the gentle way he asks me to turn or hold up an arm so that he can create a pattern. I feel that these times are very special and the images he creates as a result rewarding❤️😍.   

Secondly I would like to respond to the beautiful would be rope bunnies who have expressed concern over their size and body shape. I too initially had these concerns and Sir reassured me that I had nothing to worry about.  He encourages me to post pictures on here and the wonderful comments I have received have helped to boost my confidence😊. It doesn’t matter about your size, it is what can be created that will be empowering. Try it! You won’t regret it!

Last of all I would like to mention the subject of trust. In my younger years I was injured whilst suspended by a cruel inexperienced rigger. I have carried a fear of suspension since. Thanks to the trusting relationship I have with MrT65 it is now something I look forward to. Choose your rope partner carefully and be open about your concerns. Together you may be able to share a wonderful experience! If however your gut tells you something isn’t right, step away for safety’s sake🙏

Thank you Morris for opening this discussion. I hope many of our friends here are inspired to try roping for themselves!

Written with love, be safe🤗

  • Like 3

×