Leather Cleaning Advice

RubberBoss1

Posted

Hey all. I'm new to this site, although I've been involved in the European fetish community for a few years. 

I've always been an active participant in rubber, but recently I've grown very fond of being in leathers. I'm slowly building a collection but have a question regarding cleaning the gear. 

I have a decent quality saddle soap and conditioner, but I'm wondering how often leather gear should be cleaned..? I've heard that its easy to clean it too often and that this can damage the leather. Any advice on how often is "too often" would be great. 

Thanks all!

Posted
Hi RubberBoss1. Leather tends to dry out so a good quality saddle soap is used for cleaning and apply conditioner to keep the leather supple. You should be able to tell when the leather requires treating from how soft & flexible the leather feels to the touch. I would use one of the greasy saddle treatments and leave to soak in overnight. I hope this helps😊
Posted

I've tried quite a variety of polishes from different manufacturers, but leather soap, applied with a slightly damp sponge, and rinsed frequently, brings a good sheen and softness back to the gear. Overdoing the cleaning can damage any stitching, so around once a month seems to be ok. Enjoy the aroma.