In a D/S relationship how important

Brittone2

Posted

Huge for me personally.. key for healthy fun.

Posted

Vital for me.

Get it wrong sometimes but that's the aim. Get in each other's heads.

Posted

I cannot see anything more important that encapsulated with communication are a must in my mind

Posted

Essential to understanding each persons desires to help fulfil them and limits to not break them.

Posted

I've been mulling this post over for the last hour. @Brittone2. What's your view? Your post confuses me slightly and I wish to clarify..

Posted

It’s the most important part of all... how can anyone experience fulfilment without understanding??

Posted

You must be on another planet then, if you don't think that you, as the trusted, understanding leader of the relationship doesn't need to understand the mindset of your partner. Don't tell, you're only in it to massage your own ego. Get a grip!!!

Posted

I think in any relationship understanding the mindset is important - even more so in something as complex as D/s for sure....

Posted

For me, being inside the head of my sub is both paramount and essential!  How can I understand their needs and desires unless I know them as well or even better than they know themselves. This comes about by building trust, using honest and open communication, by showing respect, and by NOT judging anything that they wish to tell me, whether that be about kinks, or life in general.  A lot of subs suffer from low self esteem, and for them to get contentment and joy from this life, they need to have that built up, they need to feel safe and secure, and able to trust that their dominant, is not going to harm them, or to break their limits.  They need to feel valued.  None of this can be obtained UNLESS you are inside their heads.

Vandalslut
Posted

It's a two way street and absolutely essential. It's a loving investment of time and benefits both parties. That flows on into relationships in the 'outside' world.

Posted
7 hours ago, Vandalslut said:

It's a two way street and absolutely essential. It's a loving investment of time and benefits both parties. That flows on into relationships in the 'outside' world.

quite right, a D/s relationship is still a relationship, so understanding is vital, otherwise all we have is a casual hook up.  In order to give yourself to someone, whether it involves being tied up and beaten or not, you need to have a connection

Posted (edited)

I dont understand why you even needed to ask this question. Knowing your partner is the most important thing in any relationship, vanilla or otherwise.

Please understand that in a ds relationship doing something wrong can deeply hurt your partner emotionally so be sure that you understand what how they perceive your actions and words, their mindset and then proceed further. 

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

Very much important sir

Posted
1 hour ago, Wiz said:

I dont understand why you even needed to ask this question. Knowing your partner is the most important thing in any relationship, vanilla or otherwise.

Please understand that in a ds relationship doing something wrong can deeply hurt your partner emotionally so be sure that you understand what how they perceive your actions and words, their mindset and then proceed further. 

The question did confuse me, some things are standard in any relationship be it kink or vanilla and understanding your partner is one of those things.

Posted

It’s extremely important & essential in a D/s relationship as well as in any other relationship.