What does feminism mean to you?

Wo****

Posted

Another thread prompted me to post this....

What does feminism mean to you? Can feminists be submissive?

Posted

I think that the point of feminism is that as females, we can be anything we want to be. Its about having equality in all aspects of life as opposed to being restricted/limited. Just my personal view.

Posted

Personally. Search for equal legal rights under the law. Beyond that no one agrees anyway, so I’d say yes. 100% it’s possible for feminists to be submissive. Your public politics and how you like fucking are irrelevant. It’s a very conservative idea in the first place that sex is a dirty act that we should be ashamed of.

Posted

there's a lot of writings about submission/feminism - and - it's all about consent.

So, yeah, being able to express sexual desires within a framework of consent is feminist. 

Posted (edited)

I'd go as far as saying that anyone who thinks feminists can't be sexually submissive are ignorant enough in the ways of kinky sex that they shouldn't be voicing an opinion on the topic.

It's very common for people to use sexual submission to unwind when they have pressures elsewhere in life, the common example being a high pressure job. It would be very un-feminist to deny that any gender might end up in jobs like this. It would also be un-feminist to suggest that how you unwind should be defined by your gender. 

I assume the common argument is that a woman submitting sexually is un-feminist. That idea wreaks of hetero-normality. Women don't just have to be having sex with men. Can only lesbians enjoy submissive sex and still be comfortable in their feminism?  What about bisexual women? Should they have to change what they enjoy sexually depending on the gender of their partner? I certainly couldn't even if I tried! 

Unless feminism is intersectional then it isn't really feminism, in my book. 

Men can also be feminists...how does that factor into this argument? 

Whoever said that is talking utter nonsense 

Edited by Charl
Posted

Feminism to me means freedom. To be whoever I am. Whether that be submissive, dominant or switch.

Submissive doesn't mean weak, or lesser.

Feminism, to me, being proud of who I am as a woman. Celebrating the feminine divinity. Knowing my worth. If i submit, it's because I choose to. That's empowerment.

Saying "this is me. This is what I want"

Posted

It means nothing more than a wish to be seen, heard, and respected on the same level as men. A desire to be afforded the same opportunities through life be it educational, pay or career. For me the only reason in a general sense men have been seen as "superior" is purely down to physical strength. Men were those who went out to slay the wolf, to provide meat and clothing for the family. Yet through my life I've seen time after time the emotional fortitude women can show under the most extreme of pressure, yet that same pressure can cause men to crumble. As men we are generally physically stronger but emotionally, from my experience that's not the case. A feminist submissive for me is the best kind, as you can rest assured she has thought everything through. She has made the decision to submit with a clear and strong mind and that, I think, is the purest and truest form of submission there is.

Posted

This post has come from a thread about Consent where a “Dom” asserted that other Doms should be wary of feminists. And it was peculiar that they should call themselves submissive when they held feminist values. There were misconceptions that feminism means you hate men and that being submissive means you’re not equal to men and have to accept that. Feminism to me is a much larger part of my life since I became aware of all the ways that women are ***d in the world because of their sex. I have a daughter so it’s no longer just about protecting my rights, it’s about protecting hers. To ensure she will have equality to men.

Posted

In a word it means total equality for me.  Ok that was more than a word :).

Posted (edited)

Casual male feminism......

Long skirt,comfy cardie,n fluffy slippers?........or is that casual feminisation??😜🐺🙏🐾🐾🙏

Or i just thought we were all just human beings ,regardless of labels......ever wondered about advice on food labelling? Says" for allergens ,see contents in BOLD?😋🐺🙏".....

Edited by FenSWitches
Punctuation
Posted

regardless of creed, colour, skin, etc etc anyone can be, preference is to be one person in the open or extremely naughty in private hmmm think that applies to us all, the being naughty part lol ..

Posted

Would a male feminist then, be nothing more than a man who supports the rights of women to be seen as equal?

Posted

At its most simplistic, equal rights and opportunities, I've never asked for preferential treatment based on my gender, but I've fought my whole life to be on a par because of it..and yes, I believe a feminist can be whatever they want to be, including submissive.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Primal*** said:

Would a male feminist then, be nothing more than a man who supports the rights of women to be seen as equal?

My personal perception a male feminist is just a feminist, it doesn't need to be prefaced with male, there was a movement some 20 years or so ago called Meninism, (hope that's spelt right) where men who were allies of women tried to be supportive of equality and were absolutely reviled and attacked by the misogynistic and those scared of allowing women freedom of thought and action, terrified economies would collapse, children would be feral without at home mums and all the other bs that comes with ignorance and disinformation..I think there are more vocally male feminists within BDSM because of the empowerment which comes from accepting, understanding and knowing who you are, whichever side of the slash you sit and wanting someone to be the best version of themselves, equal but opposite..emphasis on equal.

Posted
1 minute ago, MzJax said:

My personal perception a male feminist is just a feminist, it doesn't need to be prefaced with male, there was a movement some 20 years or so ago called Meninism, (hope that's spelt right) where men who were allies of women tried to be supportive of equality and were absolutely reviled and attacked by the misogynistic and those scared of allowing women freedom of thought and action, terrified economies would collapse, children would be feral without at home mums and all the other bs that comes with ignorance and disinformation..I think there are more vocally male feminists within BDSM because of the empowerment which comes from accepting, understanding and knowing who you are, whichever side of the slash you sit and wanting someone to be the best version of themselves, equal but opposite..emphasis on equal.

Thank you, and yes taking the male part away from "male feminist" makes perfect sense 😊

Posted
Wednesday at 10:25 PM, Vincent157dom said:

Personally. Search for equal legal rights under the law. Beyond that no one agrees anyway, so I’d say yes. 100% it’s possible for feminists to be submissive. Your public politics and how you like fucking are irrelevant. It’s a very conservative idea in the first place that sex is a dirty act that we should be ashamed of.

But being submissive isn’t just about how we like fucking. Don’t you think?

Posted

To me feminism is about freedom of choice and equality of opportunity in the world! As Vincent said above the equality we want in the world and how we like fucking...or our personal dynamics are completely separate! 

I also believe that feminism benefits men as much as women.

Posted
2 hours ago, Curvykate said:

But being submissive isn’t just about how we like fucking. Don’t you think?

I’m just talking about separating bedroom activity to how we project to the rest of the world. Obviously there’s more to being a sub than just sex. But plenty of subs I’ve met aren’t people you’d mess about with in the wider world.

Posted
52 minutes ago, Vincent157dom said:

I’m just talking about separating bedroom activity to how we project to the rest of the world. Obviously there’s more to being a sub than just sex. But plenty of subs I’ve met aren’t people you’d mess about with in the wider world.

I thought that’s probably what you meant. Yes, I think that’s true about subs I know too. (I wouldn’t count myself among them)

Posted
10 hours ago, Primal*** said:

Thank you, and yes taking the male part away from "male feminist" makes perfect sense 😊

You're very welcome, but I have no doubt someone will be along any moment to disagree, if not on principle, out of sheer ***y mindedness 😋 

Posted
5 minutes ago, MzJax said:

You're very welcome, but I have no doubt someone will be along any moment to disagree, if not on principle, out of sheer ***y mindedness 😋 

I do hope not, need a quiet couple of days 😂

Posted
5 minutes ago, Primal*** said:

I do hope not, need a quiet couple of days 😂

In that case I shall cross my fingers for you that I'm mistaken 😎🤞

Posted

Hmmm, feminism is just about equality to me. Not having less or different opportunities or being judged because of gender. 

I don’t really identify with any group. I mean I am a woman, but what that means to me will mean something else entirely to the next person.

I have been reading a book for a long time because it hurts my head. It looks at old folk stories and such to explore the challenges of being authentic as a woman. But at times I wondered why those challenges couldn’t equally regard to men.

I’m not naive enough to think things are equal, but what is equality? What of being a woman is defined by nature and what by social constructs and environment.

I think I’m probably best described as an equalitarian... 

I see people as individuals and try to respond with compassion.

Can I believe in that and be submissive? 
Of course I can. Because I would not want to submit to someone who didn’t see me as an equal. Submission is my choice. And if I want to express my femininity in that way then I should be free to do so.

Sorry did I ramble? I was meant to be going to sleep... maybe I need to reflect more. Not sure I answered your question...