How to address people/ make introduction

Posted

So I joined this a week or so ago and there does seem to be a community engaged but so far I am on the peripheral. When messaging is there important Do's and Don'ts?!

Posted
There are forum threads for a couple of days ago on addressing Dom/mes or subs that you can check out. Lots of useful advice. Also suggest you engage in the forum chats and maybe go into the Lobby, get to know people.

... A picture is a very good idea
Posted
Hi, if you goto the BDSM forum you will see a couple of posts on this subject one for appropriate ways to contact a D-type the other for S-types.

However, quick tips, be yourself,.be polite, and say why you contacted the person was it thier picture or something on the profile. Ask any questions you have on what they have written.

Dont wxpect a quick answer as we all have busy lives.
Posted (edited)

Use your manners
Don’t let anyone take you away from messaging on the site until you are completely comfortable.
There are some some outside sites where your personal details can still remain anonymous but stay away from being persuaded into giving your phone number etc
If you’re unsure of anything anyone is asking of you, come on here & ask what others think. If someone is genuine they won’t mind.
Don’t be afraid to say No, only do what you’re comfortable with. You are allowed rules & boundary’s.
If someone else tells you they’re not interested then don’t keep pushing & don’t take it personally, we don’t all click with eachother.

Edited by BigPolly
Posted
Okay thank you I have preved at the lobby but it seems to be a Niche group
Posted
I’d like to think like approaching everything in life- respect is pretty important 👍🏻 the golden rule? I don’t think anyone knows that though
Posted
The forum threads about D/S types are really good and I see they’ve already been recommended, you should definitely give them a look, there’s some really good tips on there. It’s important to be polite; Hi, how are you? Is the perfect first message. Hi, do you like to be tied up during anal? Not so much 😂. Yes this is a kink/fetish sight but my advice would be to treat it like any other dating app…you need to get to know the whole person, not just the kinks!
Posted
Thanks for responses! No idea what is man's wall or woman's!
Posted
We definitely need to discuss this often. The messages I get sometimes are absolutely ridiculous. But honestly I believe is simply a lack of understanding how to connect. Some people get so anxious (not everyone of course) they just blurt out their deepest fantasies. So knowing how to deal with in in a compassionate way is good as well.
Posted
In general this isn't a dating app, at least not primarily. That being said my number one rule. Be polite. Don't expect, to be submissive or submission from someone else right away. Ask questions get to know people.
Posted
I completely agree. I struggle because I’m new to the scene and really want to meet people for both relationship and fun. Unfortunately I’ve been guilty of jumping out there with my desires too fast. I don’t mean disrespect, I’m just excited to be here. I apologize if I ever got out of line with anyone. I obviously need guidance, perhaps I should find a local mistress to help me find my way? Any suggestions guys?
Posted
Wednesday at 11:44 PM, havelock404 said:
Okay thank you I have preved at the lobby but it seems to be a Niche group

It really isn’t a niche group. We readily welcome all in there who say hello. The rules of thumb in the lobby is to not call out someone’s name who is perving the chat.