That Sub We All Hate

CopperKnob

Posted
That Sub We All Hate

There’s a particular sub all other subs hate. Let’s call her Karen. (I'm sorry to real Karens) Karen knows 10 slave positions and will perform them on cue. Yes, Karen takes obedience extremely seriously, and she ALWAYS goes the extra mile. Have you seen the flogger she wove out of embroidery thread last Wednesday? And did you know she can manifest butt bruises without even being touched? Can you do that? Karen doesn’t think so.

If there’s one thing Karen knows for sure, it’s that brats are killing the kink scene and, by the way, have you seen the grace with which she transforms into a human table?

Karen is better than you, and she’s here to tell you that your kink dynamic isn’t good enough. She evolved far beyond feminism when she met her Sir, and the fact that you’re still getting, let alone talking about the crappy messages in your inbox from wayward 'Doms' is clear evidence that you’re a shit sub.

Karen is not a fake. Not even a little bit. She arranges the toys in alphabetical order every morning before her Master wakes up, and S/she L/earned the A/rt of S/lashy S/peak in U/under a W/week because she knows you don’t have the time for that kind of crap. She T/types L/like T/his T/to M/make Y/you F/eel I/inferior, and when she’s not explaining The Truth of BDSM, she’s crocheting cock rings and baking cupcakes with ***y tiny, sugary handcuffs on the top.

I'll tell you something Karen won't do, she won't back chat, she won't bedazzle the hitty things and she hates glitter

You won’t meet Karen at a play party, but damn, does she get around. She’s the lone voice in the desert that makes imperfect subs like you doubt every kink you have.
You can’t turn into a human table.
You can’t make sugary handcuffs.
You would rather watch Love Island than learn those godawful slave positions
And you really need to step up your game or your Dom will leave you in a haze of Karen loving glitter.

Karen isn’t made of flesh and ***. She lives in your head and mine, and she’s The Sub We’re Supposed to Be. Admit it. She's roaming around your brain ranting about the fact that you’ve used your safe word three times this week. Karen says, if don’t manage to tame your gag reflex by next week, you won’t deserve the soft belt. She also has an hour’s lecture on all the things you’ve added to your soft limits, each and everyone of them. She thinks you need to say “yes” more frequently, more enthusiastically, so for goodness sake, reconsider that orgy your top keeps suggesting.

Karen is responsible for many of our consent ***s. She makes us do things we don’t really want to do, and she makes us try to become someone we’re not. The louder our inner Karen is, the more untrustworthy we become, and that’s the real reflection on our lack of submission.

Every decent Dom wants an enthusiastic “yes” or, a very clear “no” when he suggests something you’re not comfortable with. One of the most under-valued traits of submission is the ability to say “yes” when it’s a yes and “absolutely no way” when it’s a no.

And Karen makes that pretty impossible. This is how we actually violate our Dominants consent: by doing things we really don’t want to do because Karen said so.

I’ll tell you something about this Karen bitch. Not a soul can achieve her level of subservience, so screw her. Put her in a cage in the basement and leave her there for a year. She ***y loves that shit.

Written from the perspective of a female, because I am one
Posted
I love these observations! It’s like you are in my head and writing my thoughts! Keep them up I’m becoming obsessed!!!
SophieSubSlut11
Posted

I echo this. So so spot on 😂😂😂

SophieSubSlut11
Posted
Truth BOMBS:
‘ The louder our inner Karen is, the more untrustworthy we become, and that’s the real reflection on our lack of submission.’
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Posted

I like the kinda twist.  

And, yep.  There are similar in the male subs - that voice that tells us everyone else can take more, do more, spend more, is liked more because they make an adorable sissy or adorable pup, can take the bigger strap on  - so on

and, then, every now and then - this voice gets us into a situation we're not entirely happy with to prove we're "good enough" and it helps no one :/ 

Posted
You need to make these into a book, they’re brilliant! 😂
Posted
VERY well written 👍I think this will resonate with many, many people.
StickyTrickster
Posted

This completely reminds me of one of the greatest personal philosophical issues I once struggled with.  Namely that that perfection is not a virtue but the enemy of the good.

If I might be permitted a quick waffle on a slight tangent to quickly summarise some conclusions I came to that helped me and might be food for thought for others.

The strive for perfection can be a cage that constrains all of us.

Perfection creates an impossible standard that can never be met.

It stands in judgement of how we fall short no matter what we try.

It is the *** that we won’t meet it that drives us to procrastinate on starting so many things.

It deters many from striving to improve at all if the goal is impossible.

It is the standard by which our comparisons can poison a good thing with the sour taste of its shortcomings.

Perfection is a standard by which we judge others without mercy.

Perfection’s close cousin of purity stands at the heart of many people’s secret shame at the pursuit of pleasure.

Indeed the very reason many religions made a virtue of sexual purity was that in a time when women were treated like property it ensured the “merchandise” remained STD free.

Notions of purity and racial perfection lie at the very heart of the horrors of eugenics, ethnic cleansing and segregation movements.

Perfection is a vice masquerading as a virtue.

It is OK to be imperfect.  It turns out we all are imperfect.

Freed from the obligations to be perfect we give ourselves the creative freedom to try things that me might fail at.

And to learn and improve from our mistakes.

As well as be more merciful and tolerant of when others make those same mistakes.

There is no shame in asking to learn from other’s experience.  Those that ask a question are only fools for a brief moment whilst those that never ask remain forever ignorant.

It also allows us to be patient guides for those that ask to learn from our experiences and mistakes.

By replacing perfection with “good enough” and constant improvement as defined by ourselves we can be satisfied that even taking the smallest of steps today will inevitably builds towards our larger goals we were previously too afraid to try.

When we stop looking for our perfect partner we stop chasing a fantasy and truly engage with people.

Once we do that we might even eventually realise that our strongest relationships aren’t based on those things most easy to love about us but with those that accept and love our imperfections too, warts and all.

The question is when searching for our next dom, sub, switch or partner do we seek to burden them with the prison of perfect expectations or do we seek to liberate them from it and allow them the freedom to discover what being their best version of being a dom, sub, switch or partner means for them?

Anyway I yield the floor back to the original speaker and the topic in hand...

Posted
This is excellent. I wish I'd written it. Witty and oh so true. I hope it won't sound trite or condescending if I say well done x
Posted
2 hours ago, Lady_Char said:
This is excellent. I wish I'd written it. Witty and oh so true. I hope it won't sound trite or condescending if I say well done x

Of course not, thank you

Posted

This is fabulous stuff. I’m so enjoying reading your posts. You are spot-on in so many ways. 

Posted
14 hours ago, StickyTrickster said:

This completely reminds me of one of the greatest personal philosophical issues I once struggled with.  Namely that that perfection is not a virtue but the enemy of the good.

If I might be permitted a quick waffle on a slight tangent to quickly summarise some conclusions I came to that helped me and might be food for thought for others.

The strive for perfection can be a cage that constrains all of us.

Perfection creates an impossible standard that can never be met.

It stands in judgement of how we fall short no matter what we try.

It is the *** that we won’t meet it that drives us to procrastinate on starting so many things.

It deters many from striving to improve at all if the goal is impossible.

It is the standard by which our comparisons can poison a good thing with the sour taste of its shortcomings.

Perfection is a standard by which we judge others without mercy.

Perfection’s close cousin of purity stands at the heart of many people’s secret shame at the pursuit of pleasure.

Indeed the very reason many religions made a virtue of sexual purity was that in a time when women were treated like property it ensured the “merchandise” remained STD free.

Notions of purity and racial perfection lie at the very heart of the horrors of eugenics, ethnic cleansing and segregation movements.

Perfection is a vice masquerading as a virtue.

It is OK to be imperfect.  It turns out we all are imperfect.

Freed from the obligations to be perfect we give ourselves the creative freedom to try things that me might fail at.

And to learn and improve from our mistakes.

As well as be more merciful and tolerant of when others make those same mistakes.

There is no shame in asking to learn from other’s experience.  Those that ask a question are only fools for a brief moment whilst those that never ask remain forever ignorant.

It also allows us to be patient guides for those that ask to learn from our experiences and mistakes.

By replacing perfection with “good enough” and constant improvement as defined by ourselves we can be satisfied that even taking the smallest of steps today will inevitably builds towards our larger goals we were previously too afraid to try.

When we stop looking for our perfect partner we stop chasing a fantasy and truly engage with people.

Once we do that we might even eventually realise that our strongest relationships aren’t based on those things most easy to love about us but with those that accept and love our imperfections too, warts and all.

The question is when searching for our next dom, sub, switch or partner do we seek to burden them with the prison of perfect expectations or do we seek to liberate them from it and allow them the freedom to discover what being their best version of being a dom, sub, switch or partner means for them?

Anyway I yield the floor back to the original speaker and the topic in hand...

I can resonate with every word. Thank you 🙏🏻

Posted
Hahaha your posts are always a good read CopperKnob
Posted
On 9/26/2021 at 12:10 AM, BigPolly said:

You need to make these into a book, they’re brilliant! 😂

Couldn't have said it better myself @BigPolly 

@CopperKnobyou have made the forum a delight again,  thank you for all posts, they have made me smile and giggle like no tomorrow.  Sending much love 💗💗💗🧚‍♀️