Something Missing

Posted

I have been here a while now, and while browsing profiles (some more than others I will admit) I have seen the same things appear on those who have written a little more than a simple hello.

Quite rightly, you expect certain things from the one you have put your trust in. You expect them to protect you, nurture you, give you space to grow, guide you where necessary and, in some cases, protect you from their OWN hungers. In my book those are a given, they are on the table from the start, but it certainly doesn't do any harm to remind people. However, I have noticed that ALL of them have missed one important thing they would like from that one they have chosen.

They must be prepared to protect you from yourself. They must have the faith in the relationship/dynamic that you will know they do things out of care, and not to point score. They will be the ones that tell you truths you find uncomfortable, but are truths nonetheless. They will be the ones that rein you in, take you aside and calmly point out the error. They will be the one who risks feeling your anger, your scorn, your dislike and maybe even your claws. They will do it because they believe you are worth it.

If they do, and you treat it as an affront to your sensibilities and use it as an excuse to end the relationship, then you didn't deserve them in the first place.

Posted
I'm not sure I'm ready to put my trust in anyone for a while but I'd definitely want someone to rein me in. I need that.
Posted
1 hour ago, Dragonflylover said:

I'm not sure I'm ready to put my trust in anyone for a while but I'd definitely want someone to rein me in. I need that.

In truth we all do at times, but in this world of an increasing number of brats it is more prevalent than ever :)Ā and a Dominant needs the strength to put the line in tha sand and en*** it.

Posted
14 minutes ago, TheScribe said:

In truth we all do at times, but in this world of an increasing number of brats it is more prevalent than ever Ā and a Dominant needs the strength to put the line in tha sand and en*** it.

I'm not a brat but I agree with you nonetheless.