Gifts!?

so****

Posted
How come when I like certain people I can only do so if I send a gift? Is that a setting they can add? If so I would be interested to know how to access it?

Thanks!!
Posted

So not sure if you mean sending a like or actually sending a message.

If a member has certain criteria settings placed on their profile and they don't match the settings you have on your own profile, you will not be able to send a message to that member.  If you do try to send a message, the system will bring up the gift screen instead.  You can then choose to send a gift instead by using points you have accumulated or take it as this member is looking for someone different and just move on. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

So not sure if you mean sending a like or actually sending a message.

If a member has certain criteria settings placed on their profile and they don't match the settings you have on your own profile, you will not be able to send a message to that member.  If you do try to send a message, the system will bring up the gift screen instead.  You can then choose to send a gift instead by using points you have accumulated or take it as this member is looking for someone different and just move on. 

Hi PixieDust and AnythingGoesxx.  Pixie as you know I have been here a few years now, and only recently a member who I had been making photo comments on tried to contact me.  For whatever reason she couldn't, so she sent a gift.  As a result of receiving that gift, I messaged her, so now we have a conversation and a bit of a connection going.  So for you AnythingGoesxx, that member you are trying to contact may have their settings wrong.  I know when I checked mine, they were all good, so I am not sure what the hiccup was.  As well as sending a gift, you could always try writing on their Wall asking them to message you.  Even though other settings may be in place, Wall settings may not be, so you can try that as well.

Posted
Thank you all so much!! This makes total sense to me now!!
Posted
18 minutes ago, AnythingGoesxx said:

Thank you all so much!! This makes total sense to me now!!

AnythingGoes that is what we are here for girl.  We are all like minded people with a common interest, so if there is something that doesn't make sense to you, then come to the Forum and ask.

Posted
52 minutes ago, MossyBoy said:

Hi PixieDust and AnythingGoesxx.  Pixie as you know I have been here a few years now, and only recently a member who I had been making photo comments on tried to contact me.  For whatever reason she couldn't, so she sent a gift.  As a result of receiving that gift, I messaged her, so now we have a conversation and a bit of a connection going.  So for you AnythingGoesxx, that member you are trying to contact may have their settings wrong.  I know when I checked mine, they were all good, so I am not sure what the hiccup was.  As well as sending a gift, you could always try writing on their Wall asking them to message you.  Even though other settings may be in place, Wall settings may not be, so you can try that as well.

I know myself I have encountered a problem on the odd occasion where I haven't been able to message even though the other member had no criteria settings and it brought up the gift option instead but these were rare cases and something Customer Support was easily able to rectify by logging a ticket through the help menu. 

Definitely checking your own settings is a good idea, as sometimes you may not realise you have something checked off that you didn't mean to have. 

Having the option of sending a gift is great, as it then allows the member who receives the gift from you to then decide if they want reach back out and say thank you and perhaps from there get a conversation going and it is lovely when they do reach back out and say thank you. 

However I feel it's important we also remember that members who do have genuine criteria settings on, have them on for a reason and even a gift or a kind and welcoming message on a wall is not a guarantee of return message and that sometimes we as members just need to take it on the chin, that the other person is looking for someone different and move on graciously.