Why are men so interested in trans?

Posted
I was recently asked (by a totally awesome person), “why are men so fascinated by trans?” I thought this was a great question to bounce off the fellas here.

So, men, why are you so fascinated by trans?

Open up and share details! The more specific the more helpful your responses become!

Thanks for playing! Until next time, keep being awesome and have a wonderful rest of your day!
Posted
I think it's so we can explore often-repressed homosexual curiosity or desire while still retaining some psychological note to ourselves that "I'm not gay! She LOOKS like a woman, so it's all good!"

Basically: like the look of a woman, want the feel of a man.
Posted
I don't think it's a general thing amongst "men" to be interested in TV/TS people - but it's true *some* men have a fascination towards them.
Personally I wouldn't say I have a "fascination" as such and it's more a case of *some* TV/TS people attract me, in the same way as *some* women do, and *some* men do too - so for me personally it comes down to nothing more than the "normal" rules of attraction, connection and chemistry that apply regardless of gender.
Posted
Interesting. Having only recently joined this site, and this site being the only outlet I've ever had for discussing these things--especially about myself--i suppose I was realizing/understanding some of my own interests that maybe I didn't know I had.

Your perspective is valuable; well spoken, sir.
Posted

I wouldn't say I am fascinated in trans women

I would say - if I am attracted to someone and looking at doing something with - then them being trans wouldn't be a dealbreaker

--

for other men, reasons vary.

there are some who are "fascinated" and some of this is objectification or seeing something as being 'exotic' : the whole grotesque 'chicks with d*cks' trope

and some will have better reasons for their interest and more understanding

Posted
When i was in a group of artists there was one trans and i was shocked how the men were like crazy about her or him. I couldnt get my head around it. Then i read that they like the fact, that trans are very feminine, enjoy their feminine looks and being woman.
Posted
But most men wont admit it. Its same with being bisexual most men will try to hide it.
Posted
Why are all trans sex offenders?
Oh wait, are you telling me that asking a stupid question in a very general sense isn’t a splendid idea?

I think a much better question would be to ask you why you feel as if other people give a damn if you’re trans? I’d tell you the obvious and say something like “well they don’t think about you identifying as trans” but we both know only half of that statement is true….

They just don’t think about you at all.
Posted
6 hours ago, Alwasa3 said:
Oh wait, are you telling me that asking a stupid question in a very general sense isn’t a splendid idea?

I think a much better question would be to ask you why you feel as if other people give a damn if you’re trans? I’d tell you the obvious and say something like “well they don’t think about you identifying as trans” but we both know only half of that statement is true….

I honestly cannot tell if you're defending us, or attacking us? But I can tell you that as a trans woman I have been attacked, harassed and assaulted FOR being trans and for that alone. I can gatuntee you that there are PLENTY of people out there that "give a damn" when they see trans people, and it can be a hard, ***ful, demoralising life.

I easily have to deal with a dozen or so A******* at work every week who have an issue with me being trans, and there's only so much crying one person can do in a week before that hit breaking point. The thing that keeps a lot of us going is support from those around us, and those that care.

Posted
I'm bi, and I like transexuals because I like both dicks and breasts, so someone with both is very attractive to me.
Posted
17 hours ago, Alwasa3 said:

Well that was an incredibly aggressive and rude response to what was a pretty reasonable question. Sounds like you’ve got some issues

Posted
Honestly for me it’s that I know roughly what a trans women would like. Also it’s a lot to do with bad experiences with women in general. Usually with a women Iv always ended up getting tossed to the side for the next best thing. But with trans women I haven’t been tossed to the side and generally we end up staying good friends afterwards.
Posted
We are all gay a little bit and it's just fine, nothing to be ashamed of. Trans, why not, thay have all we like and all we have, plus some extras :) According to alternative medicine theory, each human being has 2 bodies, male Yang, the visible one and female Ying, the invisible one. By that, we are all able to be attracted to/by everyone else..
Posted
Honestly I didn’t really think I would be attracted to a transgendered person until I met what I thought to be an absolute gorgeous woman at a club in Denver, hit it off, got her number, met her the next day for dinner, had a few dates then ended up going to my place, as you can guess one thing led to another and once it was revealed of her true self I didn’t much care because I was attracted to whom she was. Ended being one of the best nights of my life and for several months even afterwards, she ended up getting into an accident and passing away. Damn I miss her.
  • 2 months later...
Posted
I'm a man🤚 I'm not interested/fascinated in trans. I'm not really aware of any of the men I know being interested either. So I guess perhaps not every man is :)
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Just to clarify on this topic, transgender people are not a fetish they are genuine human beings. There is a difference between being a crossdresser/sissy and being trans so please do not mix the two and do not fetishize people who are transitioning. Its disgusting and makes you look crappy as a person. Now if you truly don't care about someone being transgender, use the correct pronouns, etc then good for you I'm glad you respect trans people :)
Posted
5 minutes ago, Celestial-Succubus said:
Just to clarify on this topic, transgender people are not a fetish they are genuine human beings. There is a difference between being a crossdresser/sissy and being trans so please do not mix the two and do not fetishize people who are transitioning. Its disgusting and makes you look crappy as a person. Now if you truly don't care about someone being transgender, use the correct pronouns, etc then good for you I'm glad you respect trans people :)

Maybe relax, communicate your views with more tact - way easier for people to agree with you if they don't feel attacked, and they're not described as disgusting or crappy 🤷‍♂️ whether you're right or wrong, a lot of people will turn off from listening to your view as soon as they hear that kinda thing.

Posted
3 hours ago, Celestial-Succubus said:
No thanks, I'm not gonna be something lightly just so I don't hurt peoples feelings

Then you'll struggle to get people to agree with you. Expressing your frustration or actually swaying people to your way of thinking - you'll always need to choose one of those two, because you sadly can’t have both.

Posted

this is the kinda problem...

cis people will do hurtful things like misgender people, use incorrect pronouns, confuse sissy and trans and crossdresser and so on

and then people will call them out for this

and then cis people will DEMAND nicety - that they have just been deeply offensive and when someone has been like "hey, that's shitty" then play the victim "well if you won't be nice we won't take you seriously" when you're already the one NOT BEING NICE.

Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

this is the kinda problem...

cis people will do hurtful things like misgender people, use incorrect pronouns, confuse sissy and trans and crossdresser and so on

and then people will call them out for this

and then cis people will DEMAND nicety - that they have just been deeply offensive and when someone has been like "hey, that's shitty" then play the victim "well if you won't be nice we won't take you seriously" when you're already the one NOT BEING NICE.

The problem is what I'm saying is going over your head.
- Even if a person is dead wrong, and completely being a bad person, having awful views - no matter how angry you are, you don't get the luxury of being mad if your trying to get someone to agree with you.
Thinking you do is foolish. Yelling at someone that they're wrong, insulting them etc... you are very unlikely to get them to listen to you.
This isn't about whether a cis person agrees with you or not. This is about getting someone to see things from your point of view, listen to you and maybe even eventually agree with you.
If you can't see that, then sorry but frankly you're totally missing the point of what is being said.
Carry on like that if you want. But keep assessing whether it's working out for you. Maybe think about how effective it's been in the past.
It might feel good to express your anger etc, to rant at someone or a group. But it isn't effective to communicate like that if you want to actually change minds or even educate (cis) people about any topic you can think of (cis? really? This elicits eye rolling as it's **nowhere** near the point).
I'm out :)

Posted

But there's a lot that is false equivalence

I mean even on this thread...

Celestial-Succubus' words were

13 hours ago, Celestial-Succubus said:

Its disgusting and makes you look crappy as a person.

Taking that as offensive or an attack...

they said "it" - as in the words/terms you use - and "makes you look" - which doesn't mean you ARE a crappy person, just that that is how it looks.

PhoenixRise
Posted
February 19, blossom_tg_ said:

I honestly cannot tell if you're defending us, or attacking us? But I can tell you that as a trans woman I have been attacked, harassed and assaulted FOR being trans and for that alone. I can gatuntee you that there are PLENTY of people out there that "give a damn" when they see trans people, and it can be a hard, ***ful, demoralising life.

I easily have to deal with a dozen or so A******* at work every week who have an issue with me being trans, and there's only so much crying one person can do in a week before that hit breaking point. The thing that keeps a lot of us going is support from those around us, and those that care.

Fuck those assholes! I admit in the past I have fetishised trans women, before getting to know a few and understand the struggles faced.

So fuck the douche bags who try and bring you down - the fact your able to live an authentic life as who you are is proof enough you are doing so much better in life than they are.

• 2 months later...
Posted
I dont get why an individual or a group, whom or whatever they identify as, whether male female trans etc is being "fetishised" is considered negative. Why cant it be basically a compliment for who you are or positive attention being given. Not intending to open any floodgates here but maybe its me maybe not but i would be flattered if i was "fetishised"...
Posted
10 minutes ago, LookingForScatFun said:
I dont get why an individual or a group, whom or whatever they identify as, whether male female trans etc is being "fetishised" is considered negative. Why cant it be basically a compliment for who you are or positive attention being given. Not intending to open any floodgates here but maybe its me maybe not but i would be flattered if i was "fetishised"...

I think for the most part it comes down to when people make the fetish the most important thing rather than the other person, it really is quite negative towards that other person who just happens to fit the fetish.
The person takes on less significance than fulfilling the fetish - almost a case of "I don't care about the person, but they meet my fetish needs, so they'll do" - you see it quite a lot with younger men chasing older women.
There's also the aspect of the person doing the fetishising being more concerned about their own needs, and totally disregarding the needs of the other person, which again is a negative.