"Real Doms" or a generational shift?

Sh****

Posted
You make a great point but it is not without error. When speaking of human beings all the bases can never be covered because there’s always that one guy who thinks up an exception. I call them ‘Captain Actually’. I tell you this not to diverge but so I can claim not to be a Captain Actually while doing exactly what he does. I think there is a great difference between a Drive By Dom and someone who casts a large net on an app. I message every Sub within 150 miles because the pairing of Dom to Sub is so fraught with pitfalls. On apps we ghost people quickly who aren’t right for us. When I message everyone it’s because I’m looking for ‘the one.’
Posted
3 hours ago, CumbriaLeather said:
Think you’ve just ambushed the subject, which had nothing to do with fvf sexfighting. Start your own thread if you want to gain reaction to what you like watching.

OK. Sorry.

Posted
12 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

OK. Sorry.

I felt it was relevant as far as non-traditional dominant play goes, and was just curious because there's not much discussion about anywhere, here or otherwise.

Posted
1 hour ago, CopperKnob said:

👀👀👀😂

Haha!!!

Posted
9 hours ago, JamesInConroe said:
You make a great point but it is not without error. When speaking of human beings all the bases can never be covered because there’s always that one guy who thinks up an exception. I call them ‘Captain Actually’. I tell you this not to diverge but so I can claim not to be a Captain Actually while doing exactly what he does. I think there is a great difference between a Drive By Dom and someone who casts a large net on an app. I message every Sub within 150 miles because the pairing of Dom to Sub is so fraught with pitfalls. On apps we ghost people quickly who aren’t right for us. When I message everyone it’s because I’m looking for ‘the one.’

Whilst I take your point and don't necessarily disagree with it to a degree, there is a danger that if it came to light that's how you approach things that "the one" would actually not feel like "the one" at all - in fact possibly quite the opposite.
Personally I prefer to cast my net less wide and forge connections and chemistry with people and if that then develops into something more then it's a pleasant bonus - yes it may mean I have to wait longer to find what I'm hoping to find, but to me would feel less clinical and more natural.

Posted
8 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

there is a danger that if it came to light that's how you approach things that "the one" would actually not feel like "the one" at all - in fact possibly quite the opposite

yep - this is a big problem

I think I've recounted the story where I've been in a room with two ladies and one suddenly got a message and was a bit "Ooh, he sounds promising" and then the other in the room found she got a message from the same person - and then the first person was a bit, "well, maybe not" 

It becomes less about finding someone where there is a big potential for a match and more throwing darts at a board to see what sticks.

Posted
Well, this certainly turned into an interesting topic!
I can only hope it's improved the manners of some and eased the inboxes of others :P
Posted
12 minutes ago, Shockr said:
Well, this certainly turned into an interesting topic!
I can only hope it's improved the manners of some and eased the inboxes of others :P

Sadly, whilst it has indeed been an interesting topic, I don't expect it will change a thing - the kind of guys referred to either won't be the type to read the forums, or if they do won't pay the blindest bit of notice to what has been said, believing themselves to be "right" and everyone else being wrong.
That said if it touches just one person and makes them re-think it's a worthwhile exercise.

Posted
1 hour ago, gemini_man said:

Sadly, whilst it has indeed been an interesting topic, I don't expect it will change a thing - the kind of guys referred to either won't be the type to read the forums, or if they do won't pay the blindest bit of notice to what has been said, believing themselves to be "right" and everyone else being wrong.
That said if it touches just one person and makes them re-think it's a worthwhile exercise.

Honestly.

So much gets written and someone will then feel within themselves "but the people who need to read this won't, or won't listen"

And no, I disagree.  there's a lot of people who are lost causes, entitled, whatever - and they won't listen

But any thread on this forum always has more 'views' than it does comments or replies. Everything I learnt, especially in my early days, was from reading and learning.  So, I always like to think there's someone reading these who's taking it in, who probably doesn't even know where their knowledge came from when they talk about it passionately in the future.  Or who applies it to what they do and it helps them along ther way

And to me, those are the people who most need to read it. 

Posted
47 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Honestly.

So much gets written and someone will then feel within themselves "but the people who need to read this won't, or won't listen"

And no, I disagree.  there's a lot of people who are lost causes, entitled, whatever - and they won't listen

But any thread on this forum always has more 'views' than it does comments or replies. Everything I learnt, especially in my early days, was from reading and learning.  So, I always like to think there's someone reading these who's taking it in, who probably doesn't even know where their knowledge came from when they talk about it passionately in the future.  Or who applies it to what they do and it helps them along ther way

And to me, those are the people who most need to read it. 

Oh absolutely agree - and as I said right at the end there if it touches just one person and makes them re-think it was a worthwhile exercise.
What I was more referring to was the "lost causes, entitled, whatever" who ultimately are the crux of the matter on threads like this, who will always exist.
A few heads may be turned, and that in itself is wonderful, but the underlying problem will still prevail - it has done for the twenty-five or so years I've had Internet access and sadly will continue to do so.

Posted
I blame alot of this on books like 50 Shades etc, People seem to forget the fact that submission is earned. I also really don't think you can call yourself a dom or a daddy if you are under the age of 30 and haven't emotionally matured and learned how to process and respond to the emotions of others. There is so much more to the dynamic than beating someone with an object and then using them to get off.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Just in the two days since I felt comfortable with trying to be a little for a daddy Dom it's been ruined by them going pervert or implying *** in the situation. Idk how I'll pursue this kink without someone I can trust to do it with me and it's heart breaking
Posted
Question how could I be perceived more of a sub and attract more doms? I feel like I only get hit on by fem bottom subs
Posted
21 minutes ago, cthecunt said:
Question how could I be perceived more of a sub and attract more doms? I feel like I only get hit on by fem bottom subs

Why do you want to be perceived as more submissive than you are?
How many Doms do you need to attract?
Just be yourself.

Posted

People should just date, no sex for a while, no kink for a while. Match with one person and talk to them for at least a couple days before moving on. Instant gratification + grass is greener mindset is destroying society. 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
I understand exactly how you feel sadly it goes both ways in terms of fake or deceitful profiles I never thought it would happen on this site but this is where I found my first kink relationship but sadly that came to an end an I accepted my role in that situation literally for better and for worse I'll hope to hear from you because this new phone is making it impossible to simply type this message good luck sweetie
Posted
I couldn't agree more with Shocker
I have a reasonable amount of success in attracting subs but I do not offer sex.
I am far more interested in psychological dominance coupled with impact play and I get subs who say they were attracted to me because there was no aggressive sexuality in my messages.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
In my experience it’s always the younger ones that come on strong like that. 18 to late 20s I don’t think it’s a generation thing I think it’s a maturity. Most of those guys haven’t taken the time to learn. Cause the 1 in the 100 gets him drunk with power.