Looking for basic advice.

el****

Posted
Hi everyone! This is probably going to look a little stupid to most of you but I am being genuine and looking for advice. I have a lot of experience with kink but I'm very new to the kink community, and especially talking to new people in general. I was wondering if any more experienced people would be willing to share a little advice on how to be a little more involved and interact with new people whilst staying respectful but fun. Thank you all!
DeviantInside
Posted
Far from stupid… it’s a great start, just asking honest questions is a good way to learn. As mentioned above munches can be a good place to meet and talk to people in person, more niches can be found here, on fetlife and findamunch. Reading and getting involved on the forums is good too. As can chatting in the chat rooms. And as you describe staying respectful is part of that too. The people in the kink community are just that… people. Good, bad and everything in between. Some may be happy to engage, other may not but just treat them respectfully and by and large you’ll be treated the same. If you want to talk to specific people read their profile and write specifically to that person about yourself and about why you’re contacting them.
Posted
27 minutes ago, DeviantInside said:
Far from stupid… it’s a great start, just asking honest questions is a good way to learn. As mentioned above munches can be a good place to meet and talk to people in person, more niches can be found here, on fetlife and findamunch. Reading and getting involved on the forums is good too. As can chatting in the chat rooms. And as you describe staying respectful is part of that too. The people in the kink community are just that… people. Good, bad and everything in between. Some may be happy to engage, other may not but just treat them respectfully and by and large you’ll be treated the same. If you want to talk to specific people read their profile and write specifically to that person about yourself and about why you’re contacting them.

Not sure how upto date find a munch is post pandemic as a lot xlosed and havent reopened.

Posted

most uk munches are back - findamunch is your directory

but for munches - turn up

for online - if you already have experience, you make quick headway by participating in discussions where you can make a positive contribution 

Posted
34 minutes ago, Slk86 said:

What is a munch? 

Its basically a social gathering of kinky people who eat, drink and have a good time in a public space, and generaly with no play or dynamics involved. In the UK they usually take place in a reserved area of a pub.

Posted
Thank you all so much, been a huge help!
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Be bold, honest and ask anything your curiosity is trying to gather information about but don't leave out what you really need to know!