Cleanliness is Next to Good Dom-don

Posted
I met someone in person after taking all the precautions and was so disappointed based on one point - he was not clean. He looked like he had rolled out of bed, not showered. His hair was not washed and his beard untrimmed. I knew right away I was a snob. There was no way this man was touching me. And if he wasn't clean, how could I be sure his toys, etc. were? I couldn't get away from him fast enough. Anyone else on the same page with me here?
Lord_Talion
Posted
Knew a lady that wouldn't even talk to me cause my nails were dirty. I'm a frigging carpenter, she needs herself a good pencil pusher lol
Posted
That's common sense in day to day life, get a shower, cut your nails, take care or your hair... The basics. Let alone sex...
Posted
2 minutes ago, Lord_Talion said:
Knew a lady that wouldn't even talk to me cause my nails were dirty. I'm a frigging carpenter, she needs herself a good pencil pusher lol

I'm an engineer and have the same issue

Posted
3 minutes ago, Lord_Talion said:

Frigging doctors don't have their nails full of ***y fluids... Put yourself together and get a manicure... Gross

Posted
Agreed.got to put some effort in.cleanliness isn't an effort.its a nessity.youbdid right.let alone him amd toys not clean how about not clean and has stds.you did the right thing
Posted

I know some people champion the "casual" look and each to their own. But if you cant make the minimum effort to clean yourself up to meet someone then its not very promising is it. I mean you wouldn't turn up to a wedding in your best trackies so how does someone hope to leave a good impression looking like Russel brand on **** and 2 hours of sleep

Posted
13 minutes ago, Lord_Talion said:

I'm a Blacksmith and yeah know that ***.

Posted
There seems to be a common element or a thread where people seem to be untidy with their personal appearance. Within the first 60 seconds of seeing someone that you had a conversation with either on the phone or through text you either confirm your belief or they are dashed against the rocks. For god sakes take a shower, use deodorant, brush your hair, brush your teeth, maybe put on cologne or perfume. No one's asking you to do 2 hours with a makeup or to have your hair and beard professionally styled. But if you don't take care of yourself why would anyone think that you would take care of them
Posted
18 minutes ago, Zugzwan said:

Frigging doctors don't have their nails full of ***y fluids... Put yourself together and get a manicure... Gross

Ok firstly just cool it, Secondly a Doctor and Carpenter are two different things. Carps don't work with biological fluids and most likely have a better chance starting a fire than making someone sick. Thirdly, take two seconds and think from a less entitled perspective to understand that some people like working with thier hands to craft pretty much everything in your life. So sometimes you get stains on your hands, hard to get grit that shows up no matter how short your nails are. Being a nasty bum is one thing, judging someone because thier hands are rough is pretty petty behavior in general.

Oh and some of us dont go waste *** at nail salons when we work with out hands on the day to day. So maybe be more open minded and less critical of people you don't know personally.

Posted
Understand where you’re coming from and believe in cleanliness for sure but at the end of the day I’m still a welder and steel worker there is some grit and stains on my hands, nails and body that take can literal weeks to go away or remove. I support your choice based on other factors in what you said for appearances here but understand that there’s a lot of people who care for and clean themselves but work overtime to build what’s around you that can’t go and get their nails done or hair cut every 2 weeks and get every mark off them. Personally I’ve worked 3 months of 12 hour days straight. When your on the job that much you don’t get the chance to think about going and doing other than what’s strictly necessary to keep yourself fed clean and rested. It took two or three weeks after that to find the energy in a day to go get a haircut.
Posted
I think it's about the effort no? I mean, on a first meet you at least make the effort?
I used to work outside as a zoo keeper, 10/11hr days were the norm. The lines on my hands would be ingrained in dirt constantly and yeah, i would scrub them each night with bleach and a nail brush with minimal affect because once it's there it would take a whole weeks leave to resolve. That's without considering the hard/rough skin from having our hands in water periodically through the day and exposed to all elements. I'd literally smother my hands with foot cream and covered in socks to combat it. I also started doubling up on disposable gloves whilst at work, problem solved!
I guess im saying, we all live different lives and its the value/importance we place on different things that makes us individuals with different preferences.
Posted
I get it and agree, it's common sense just take pride in personal hygiene especially if your a dom. You're right there is no telling what else might have been dirty.
Posted
Smelling like old sweat, meaning they haven't showered before the meeting is definitely off-putting
Posted
Should be clean especially on first meet. If he just came from work or something he still should have made an effort to shower first. JMO
DarkArts1066
Posted
Ok, so I donn’t have a job that involves manual labour … but I have had.
In my time I’ve been a butcher, a forestry worker, an engineer - so I’ve had pretty much everything under my nails… and that doesn’t include the occasional need to shove my hand down a rainwater drain and clear it of leaves. ….

But.
Personal hygiene should be something we all take seriously … whether into kink or not.

I served in the military for a lot of years. Being shown, at the age of 21 with a bunch of other recruits, how to wash myself was an eye opener…!
Having spent five years at boarding school, there were only about six of us that day who knew how to actually properly wash ourselves.
I remember at one point, a recruit being singled out - for no particular reason, and being told to demonstrate how to shower while the rest of us watched on.
This included not only the standard ‘APC’ (if you know, you know…) but also how to pull back your foreskin and wash under that too.

Cue surprised and shocked looking faces. So many guys had no clue that was even a thing.

Good Personal hygiene isn’t just about cleanliness people. It demonstrates a level of self respect - which others appreciate.

Turn up to a meet looking or smelling like you fell out of bed into a pile of horse shit, and you reap what you sow. That’s all I’m
saying.
Posted

I think if you have hands that are shaped through manual labour.... there are going to be people turned on by that as well as those turned off. Swings and round abouts.

Same for hands which are clearly from an office.

I don't think there's a right or wrong here other than some people may have a preference.

Posted

To the case though.  Yeah, personal hygiene is really important especially if you want to make a good impression - regardless of if you are Dominant or submissive or anything.

---

mind... if you tell me you knew we were meeting so did barefoot gardening the day before and haven't showered then that wins my heart more. 

Posted
I can think of few things more disgusting and disrespectful. Absolutely no excuse.
Posted
Doesn’t matter what you do for a job you can still clean your nails. Hygiene is hygiene. Take care of yourself. 🤢
Posted
2 hours ago, Lord_Talion said:

Get a nail brush you can buy them at the dollar store simple get some soap clean your fucking nails no one wants to see dirty nails that’s just disgusting I want your dirty fingers going up in them

Posted
Poor personal hygiene is an instant blackball. I don’t care what your job is. If you don’t have time to shower, you don’t have time to play.