Going from mono to poly

Posted
I’ve not enough knowledge of the two I’m knew to this but if you want bit go for it and don’t look into it half assed whatever you do try to be the best brother if you want to be happy just do it if it doesn’t work out s with back again I’m not knowledgeable on the subject but if you’re not happy you’re wasting your time and your partners
Posted
Seems like a bad idea to go poly strictly for the sake of having a rebound partner. At Least this is what it sounds like to me. Also have you considered there's always the chance of you falling for both of them and all of a sudden you have neither of them¿ 🤔 don't know
Posted
Heartaches exist in poly life my friend 😅 maybe put some more thought into it. If you are coming to this conclusion because you’re frustrated, being poly won’t help that. As a polyamorous person, people will take advantage of you every chance they get. It’s not as easy as some may make it seem. Good luck!
Posted
^ what she said. But even more so. And I mean this with all sincerity. Juggling ONE person in a relationship is hard. Imagine 2. The truth is. Poly takes twice as much dedication and work. Except with the added benefit and risk of making someone mad or jealous multiplied by how many are involved. It’s a juggling act and if one is hard 2 only gets harder. That being said. With greater risks and work come greater rewards. Poly can be a blessing and a curse. But so can mono. It really depends on your emotional capacity and ability to handle situations. My suggestion. As with most things in bdsm. Start slow. Don’t just go get 3 girlfriends or boyfriends and expect heaven. Poly is the same thing as mono but with more hurdles. If you can handle them. Then by all means. Whatever the case may be, just make sure you and your partner(s) are happy and well taken care of.
Posted
Listen to Multiamory podcast. It’s helped me understand poly way better. There is even a “are you ready for poly” episode.
Posted
Just go for it, make sure everyone in the poly knows it's a poly relationship and have everyone sit down and talk what they want out of the poly and their needs out. It's just best to have everything out on the table so no misunderstandings occur. Heartache exists everywhere mono or poly it's just a matter of coming to an understanding with those you are in a relationship with and constantly checking how everyone is feeling.
Posted
Poly doesn’t save you from heartbreak, it increases your risk of it and increases the frequency and magnitude you feel it. Be careful. ✌️
Posted
As somebody who tried it, I got a few tips.
1. Don’t cross into your partner’s time with their partner
2. Get along with their partner. You don’t have to diddle each other, just gotta be friends
3. Set boundaries for the number of you.
4. I can’t stress this enough: COMMUNICATE
AMONGST EACH OTHER AS A TABLE DYNAMIC
5. Its not all about sex. Unless you want it to be.