Dominant Stereotypes

DireWolf91

Posted
18 hours ago, CopperKnob said:
***? Clearly not but, I do need to 'feel' someones dominance and I personally find that difficult is they're shorter/smaller than I am

Thank you for your honesty! Seems the most common is as long as they are taller

Posted
18 hours ago, Cage_for_swallows said:
Like it was said above unfortunately it is, a lot of times,due to personal preference. Most women prefer men that are taller.

That being said studies have concluded that the most attractive trait is a man that holds his ground and that helps others. So assertiveness together with doing social good. Perhaps there is hope in that.

I’m also wondering if trans women wouldn’t be more opened to a partner being shorter than them (just a thought tho).

As for aggressiveness if they see that as dominance they could be noobs, young & influential or possibly have some trauma that impacts their perception.

You worded that all perfectly and it makes a lot of sense! Although it’s the most attractive, the women may still gravitate towards the larger men from natural instinct of the “physical safety” would you agree?
That is a very good question, I also wonder what the common preference is with trans women. I have notice the majority of girls I speak to are not in the bdsm community so they are unaware of the safety practices and use to men who are simply controlling. I’m with a girl now and so far we are establishing what was *** and healing those wounds, I just hope that mistreatment is not what she is comfortable with and wants because she views that over powerment as dominance.
Also, I read your profile and highly resonate with it but was unable to send you a message about it!

Posted
18 hours ago, TxFrank said:
Aggressive is a turn off for me. Calling yourself a Dominant doesn't mean anything to me. Try to inflict your will upon me and you're likely to pull back a ***y nub. Dominance is about presence, charisma, and thoughtful, consensual control. Size certainly doesn't enter into the equation.

This was really good feedback, thank you!

Posted
18 hours ago, janieiswild said:
I, too, prefer taller Doms but it may just be something I’m used to. My Dom is 5’6”. But I’m 5’3”. So 🤷🏾‍♀️

Good to know, thanks!

Posted
18 hours ago, LSilva said:
I’ve interacted with more than a few subs that were into the intellectual aspect; a smart, quick witted dom who they could marvel at worked just as well or better than a literally big strong dom. They’re out there.

This is encouraging! Thanks for your input

Posted
18 hours ago, letchworth486 said:
Not sure it matters mate what a lot of subs say. There's a lid for every pot. I'm 5ft 5 and I do alright, so if those your talking to think your too short, that's just the way it is. There not for you. Your not for them. Don't get me wrong, I run into the same issue, most women want a taller guy. (the vast majority but not all) so I wouldn't see it as your issue more there's. Try not to let it affect your self esteem. And then secondly I would make sure you clarify with your prospective subs, was it assertion, aggression or *** they were after or trying to avoid? , they're not always the same thing.
And then finally, I'll actually answer your question, my last sub, although she said she enjoyed a man's rougher side. I actually found what stimulated her most was being delicate, an out and out caregiver.

I appreciate that reassurance, although I do not need it :) was very thoughtful of you! I often just wonder and hear that aggression and large men are dominant.

Posted
17 hours ago, PastelPuppyBoy said:
Honestly I don’t care how tall someone is. That being said I am 4’11 so everyone is taller than me. Now when it comes to doms I would prefer someone who will 100% take control, but I do not want someone aggressive.
I think alot of subs dont know the difference between the two, especially ones new to the community. And they fall into this pattern.

I one hundred and ten percent agree with this. I have noticed it is mostly subs who are not in the community and have lack of experience or negative experiences. It’s nice to learn that people in the community see it in a different light

Posted
16 hours ago, tarpon-springs267 said:
I’m 411, so it doesn’t take much for me, but I’d prefer a shorter DOM. If I’m ever riding him, I’d like to be able to look him in the eyes while I fuck his brains out. That’s harder to do with someone a foot or so taller than me. Lol

First time I have heard this, thank you for your honest input! Also touches on connection which is assuring

Posted
16 hours ago, EssexCurious said:
I like aggressive men, but I don’t have a particular need for them to be tall? I’ve yet to meet a man shorter than me, but if he had the right energy, I’d be more than willing to submit! It’s so much more about how you handle yourself rather than the physical characteristics.

This is very well said, thank you!

Posted
13 hours ago, WheresMaDommy said:
Having a taller dom would be great, but no way in hell am I making it a requirement… im 6ft after all… Its hard enough finding someone as is 😆

This is raw honestly and I really appreciate you for it haha

Posted
4 hours ago, Curvygirl1 said:

My Dom is 1 inch shorter and is a skinny fit guy to my larger curvyness. While I would love him to be taller I don't like big beefy men. It's my personal preference and what I'm attracted to.. besides lots of good things come in small packages...

Great feedback and example! Thank you :)

Posted
11 hours ago, ManchesterMaleMaster said:
Short men couldn’t be taken seriously as a Dom IMHO

Thanks for proving that being tall doesn’t mean you don’t have insecurities literally pouring out of every pore to the point that this is how you choose to present yourself. It’s personal preference. I’m 5’6 and I’ve never had any issue meeting women in general or subs. It’s about how you hold yourself.

Posted
I’m 5”11 male who is dominant. I love y’all no females with long sexy legs and wearing high heels. It’s the dominant mental Attitude that makes a difference. I had friend who was short statured and his voice and attitude made the difference. Not his height or weight
Posted
As long as my Dom treats me good follows after care etc height don't matter but I prefer him taller as I am short and can't reach things as is
Posted
Aggressive? Absolutely not. Dominant, charismatic, intelligent, capable? Yes. As for size, I have likes and dislikes, just like everyone, and I do like to feel protected by my partner, but I wouldn't say that being tall is an essential requirement.
Posted
I guess is a question of preference. True, there are subs with a strong leaning towards more physically imposing Doms, but commonly what I see is attraction to confidence, skill and initiative.
Posted
I’m 5’7” myself. My height has never been an issue. Confidence and being in tune with your submissive is key.
Posted
I’m 6”4’ and 240, I find my physical size gives me a mental edge, but that’s all it is… an edge. Anything can be learned, remember big things come in small packages! It’s all about how you en***. Dominance means being in charge… of everything. Become the alpha maestro, leave no doubt in her mind that she’s in your hands and she will quiver every time.
Posted
I wouldn't say it's a stereotype of dominant men being tall. It's just an unfair opinion from society in general that taller men are more preferable. Sucks I know. Many things about being a man suck lol I once was friends with a de-transitioned ftm. They said that life as a woman before transition was so much easier than after transitioning to a man. People gave her attention, flirted with her constantly, opened doors for her, trusted her with their children, paid for her meals, etc., generally just treated her well. Then after transitioning, she quickly realized that nobody even gives men the time of day. Women pull their children close when you walk by, they act afraid of you, nobody offered her ***, paid for her lunch, complimented her outfits, nobody treated her nearly as well as she was treated as a woman. This had nothing to do with her de-transitioning back to female, but was a rude awakening about how much harder men have it. She consequently grew a soft spot for men's rights, especially men's rights in family court settings where the mother always wins against fathers. The tall thing is one of many. Just something to think about. Be safe & be kind🌹peace
Posted
6 hours ago, sonofthunder777 said:
I wouldn't say it's a stereotype of dominant men being tall. It's just an unfair opinion from society in general that taller men are more preferable. Sucks I know. Many things about being a man suck lol I once was friends with a de-transitioned ftm. They said that life as a woman before transition was so much easier than after transitioning to a man. People gave her attention, flirted with her constantly, opened doors for her, trusted her with their children, paid for her meals, etc., generally just treated her well. Then after transitioning, she quickly realized that nobody even gives men the time of day. Women pull their children close when you walk by, they act afraid of you, nobody offered her ***, paid for her lunch, complimented her outfits, nobody treated her nearly as well as she was treated as a woman. This had nothing to do with her de-transitioning back to female, but was a rude awakening about how much harder men have it. She consequently grew a soft spot for men's rights, especially men's rights in family court settings where the mother always wins against fathers. The tall thing is one of many. Just something to think about. Be safe & be kind🌹peace

If men have it hard, maybe it's time to reconsider the patriarchial world we live in?

Posted
1 hour ago, CopperKnob said:

If men have it hard, maybe it's time to reconsider the patriarchial world we live in?

I’ll add it to my to do list