Ever get blocked for no reason?

Da****

Posted
I earlier this evening had a very nice conversation (,first-ever mind you) with someone close and who crushed me first. No sex talk or rudeness. Their last msg to me was that I made them smile. All I said was I hope to hear from them again. Then I wake up just now and I see -BLOCKED-
Posted

It happens. I just resolve it in my mind with the acceptance that the other person has their reasons and I move on. Besides I wouldn't want to waste my time speaking to someone who's not interested in getting to know me. So let the trash take itself out, move on and invest yourself where you are wanted.

Posted
As most have said here it just happens people don't need a reason to keep talking to you. Try not to personalize their blocks.
Posted
Totally agree with what 4RCH said - could be any number or reasons they did so, ranging from genuine to ridiculous, and you'll probably never know what they are - so no point dwelling on what they might be.
All you can do is accept it and move on.
Posted
It sucks very much so. Thought i had a connection myself met up twice and mutually had a great time and 2 days later, bam, -BLOCKED-
Posted
7 minutes ago, omle_evol said:
It sucks very much so. Thought i had a connection myself met up twice and mutually had a great time and 2 days later, bam, -BLOCKED-

Now when it's progressed to meeting and it happens, and if nothing untoward happened when you met, I can totally understand the frustration and in those circumstances I do think an explanation at the very least should be forthcoming, though do appreciate for some that they'd rather avoid the awkward conversation though not saying it's right they do.

Posted
I’ve been blocked here several times already, one with a conversation similar to yours (the woman seemed genuinely curious then got blocked in the middle of that nice conversation). With most, I got blocked right after the first message (a friendly “hi, I’m new here, looking for new contacts around the area, etc.”). I would have been okay with replies telling me they’re not interested. But it seems like some women block people for some ego tripping. Then they’ll you they don’t want to be treated like crap, disrespected, etc.
Posted
1 hour ago, CannedThoughts said:
I’ve been blocked here several times already, one with a conversation similar to yours (the woman seemed genuinely curious then got blocked in the middle of that nice conversation). With most, I got blocked right after the first message (a friendly “hi, I’m new here, looking for new contacts around the area, etc.”). I would have been okay with replies telling me they’re not interested. But it seems like some women block people for some ego tripping. Then they’ll you they don’t want to be treated like crap, disrespected, etc.

The problem is - often when women receive a "polite" first message but for whatever reason the sender is not for them, and they respond to say so, they then receive a not so "polite" message back - so not responding and blocking is often the best course of action.
It's also worth noting that if any user responds to a message it then opens the door for further messages, if no response is sent the site prevents the sender messaging again for a period of time, think it's 90 days - so another reason people may not respond to a first message.

Posted
2 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

The problem is - often when women receive a "polite" first message but for whatever reason the sender is not for them, and they respond to say so, they then receive a not so "polite" message back - so not responding and blocking is often the best course of action.
It's also worth noting that if any user responds to a message it then opens the door for further messages, if no response is sent the site prevents the sender messaging again for a period of time, think it's 90 days - so another reason people may not respond to a first message.

If the other person keeps sending messages despite receiving a “not interested” reply, then that’s the time they should be blocked. Also, not getting a reply is VERY different from not getting a reply but instead being blocked.

Posted
46 minutes ago, CannedThoughts said:

If the other person keeps sending messages despite receiving a “not interested” reply, then that’s the time they should be blocked. Also, not getting a reply is VERY different from not getting a reply but instead being blocked.

Yeah but when the response to that original "not interested" response is abusive, which sadly happens more often than you'd think, you can understand why people don't respond even with a "not interested" to protect themselves from the potential of receiving ***.
I don't actually see not getting a reply being that different from not getting a reply and being blocked - by blocking, the recipient removes themselves from future potential search matches by the sender and therefore prevents both parties time being wasted by further messages being sent.
Though this is now going off track from the original post.

Posted
Gemini_man is not getting it I like dark wolf have received a crush so send a polite thanks for the like message with a bit more about me than on profile the true women that are really looking for connection either send a joy fir them message but unfortunately some are get a thrill of control by abusing this site and no message back sorry not fir me but just a block the big problem with that they can message you again if they unblock you as you can not block them back which I had happen once a few weeks later got a message back that it was her ex that had blocked me but she was single profile had said when I politely said sorry but not interested now she blocked me straight away when chatting to a friend I chat to on here he had the same thing she had blocked by her for no reason some lust get a kick from the power of the block button
Posted
27 minutes ago, biker13uk said:
Gemini_man is not getting it I like dark wolf have received a crush so send a polite thanks for the like message with a bit more about me than on profile the true women that are really looking for connection either send a joy fir them message but unfortunately some are get a thrill of control by abusing this site and no message back sorry not fir me but just a block the big problem with that they can message you again if they unblock you as you can not block them back which I had happen once a few weeks later got a message back that it was her ex that had blocked me but she was single profile had said when I politely said sorry but not interested now she blocked me straight away when chatting to a friend I chat to on here he had the same thing she had blocked by her for no reason some lust get a kick from the power of the block button

Oh I think I get it and possibly understand better that it's nothing to do with "power of the block" but about self-protection for a lot of people that absolutely do receive *** in response to sending "sorry not interested" messages - either way the point is whatever the reason you are blocked, there's no point getting upset about it, or trying to work out why - you just have to accept that it's happened and move on, and try and simply see it as they're not interested in further interaction with you.
And you can block someone who has blocked you - when you click on their profile and it says you are blocked the option is there to block them back - as I just found out when I went to check your profile and found I was blocked (oh the irony - hope you enjoyed the power of the block button 😄)

Posted
Yes it’s very commun for us men… they rather cut sharp than give excuses or explain themselves for not carrying on the comms. They are a bit like crabbies jump quickly to one set of balls to the next 😂
Posted
I too have been blocked in what feels like mid conversation, seemingly out of nowhere. Where we seemed to be getting on with lots of back and forth, then suddenly gone. I even had one who I was speaking too on a regular basis for a couple of months, after what seemed like a good chat, she even suggested we should meet for a coffee,basically say good night, look forward to chatting tomorrow, then blocked me the next morning.
Posted
5 minutes ago, Ceejayuk said:

I too have been blocked in what feels like mid conversation, seemingly out of nowhere. Where we seemed to be getting on with lots of back and forth, then suddenly gone. I even had one who I was speaking too on a regular basis for a couple of months, after what seemed like a good chat, she even suggested we should meet for a coffee,basically say good night, look forward to chatting tomorrow, then blocked me the next morning.

Oh I know her too 😂

Posted
1 hour ago, Ceejayuk said:

Still love you though xx

Posted
Yes, I have been blocked and never even spoke to me but yet they Crushed me!🤷‍♀️
Posted
It’s very common to be blocked for anything don’t worry about it
Posted
6 hours ago, CannedThoughts said:

Being blocked at first message means "We don't know who is creepy or respectful, so we block. We want to be left alone". If it's done so many times like the things gemini_man mentioned, women will start to block. When I was a new member, I replied to every message with a polite decline. You have no idea how creepy or nasty men can be.

Posted
I blocked someone because they called me for 30 mins every time I rejected the call it was so creepy there’s no need for it
Posted
When men do as lucky of others say yes block bit some of us take this kinksters has indicated they not interested as just that but if get a message declining I just reply thanks for reply hope you have happy time on site and find what you hoping to find bye
Posted
Civility cost nothing blocking for a power craze is rude and many do so on all sites sad really as it spoils it as much as the creeps do for us that just looking for like minded people
Posted
24 minutes ago, lucky1994 said:

I blocked someone because they called me for 30 mins every time I rejected the call it was so creepy there’s no need for it

Sorry but how do you call someone on here?? Unless it’s in the app? 

Posted
10 minutes ago, biker13uk said:
When men do as lucky of others say yes block bit some of us take this kinksters has indicated they not interested as just that but if get a message declining I just reply thanks for reply hope you have happy time on site and find what you hoping to find bye

The thing is though - how does the recipient of your nice polite opening message know if you're going to be someone who sends a polite "thanks for the reply" message back or sends an abusive one?
They have no way of knowing for sure, so the vast majority of the time will not reply (and in some instances block for the reasons I stated further up) not as a "power craze" but to protect themselves from potential ***. It's not rude to do so, any more than you're not rude for not replying to any junk mail you receive.