So you like me…?

Fa****

Posted

I’m wondering if I’m alone in this but I doubt I am. 

I find it rather off putting when I log into my account and see that a person has “liked” nearly all of my pictures. 

Firstly, I have a LOT of pics on here, how do you have time to like every single one?

Secondly, really!!! Does EVERY picture speak to you??? I highly doubt that. I have been attracted to many men (and some women) in my time and I can hand on heart say that I simply do not love every image of them. Nor does every image make me fantasise about them etc etc. 

Therefore, I can only surmise that persons who do this are a) bored or b) trying to get my attention. 

So, for want of honesty I’ll let you in on a secret - MULTIPLE “likes” detract from you actually liking something specific. 

I personally find it a turn off, although others may not. 

And if you want my attention do something original to get it. Better still send me a “meaningful” message - please. 

I’m not an ogre (although my pics may say otherwise) I do tend to respond to messages, unless there’s a good reason not to. 

And if you’re reading this and you are a serial “liker” feel free to share your reasons with me. You never know, I may change my mind and retract everything I’ve said here. 

Love, X

Posted
To be fair there are some very nice pics
Posted
Just now, Dsharp said:

To be fair there are some very nice pics

Lol, I didn’t say there wasn’t. But not every pic can float someone’s boat, surely?!

Posted
Just now, CopperKnob said:

But, they love you, your pictures and they want you to know just how much!!!! 🤣🤣

Clearly.  

🙄🙄

Posted
I’d venture a guess: they probably like a pic because it helped them get off (maybe?). But I’m with you on the weirdness of fly-by likes. Why not engage with a short message saying why they liked a particular picture? I’ve done that and even if they didn’t respond, I hope my comment made them feel good for a minute.
*sigh*
Posted
1 minute ago, TheBastardsNomad said:

I like the beauty of a woman. And it's simply showing 💕. Though I'm not typically a serial like less I'm involved with the woman. But hey isn't it nice that this dude is jocking your nuts sweety lol.

It isn’t showing 💕 though really. It shows laziness, repetitiveness, stalkerish tendencies etc etc. As I said, each to their own. I love when people like my pictures - I’m an attention whore but there’s liking and there’s being weird and OTT

Posted
1 minute ago, TheBastardsNomad said:

Hey! Jeez that ass can sit right on my beard till I'm drowning. 🤤😜Js

Which ass?

Posted
In all seriousness though, there's a fine line between showing appreciation for someone you don't know and well, behaving like a stalker. Liking all of someones photo's when they are in abundance is uhm, next level
Posted

You forgot to mention it can be/come across as a bit "stalker-y" too 😜

Posted
Baffles me why they like every picture but then don't message you either 😅

Glad I'm not alone in my thought process!
Posted

In all seriousness though, there's a fine line between showing appreciation for someone you don't know and well, behaving like a stalker. Liking all of someones photo's when they are in abundance is uhm, next level

yep. And I freely admit I have way way too many pics on here (the joys of leaving FL). 

@Aranhis great minds think alike. 

literally what we were just saying x

Posted
2 minutes ago, Aranhis said:

You forgot to mention it can be/come across as a bit "stalker-y" too 😜

Now why on Earth would you think that x

Posted

See, do you see what you did?! You shone a beacon and out they come, literally telling on themselves 🤣

I know but it’s so much fun. 

And my pics have sooooo many more likes 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Posted
1 minute ago, FatefulDestiny said:

I know but it’s so much fun. 

And my pics have sooooo many more likes 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

The irony 🤣🤦‍♀️
Im gonna go like ALL of them just because I can!

Posted
Its happened to me a few times and im flattered but also feel like i might need to move house or something lol. I only ever pick two images and like those when im looking at other people.
Posted
I think for me a lot of photos can be appreciated and the like button is there to show the owner that someone appreciates it. I can see how some might be creepy with it.
It terms of messaging, I have messaged people and they read it and never reply so kind of given up on that because you feel no one is actually going to respond any way.

But I do see what you mean about it being a bit much. If it’s that bad could you lock more of them down so no one can see them? Just my thoughts anyway, I do love your photos as you have a talent. X
Posted
In my case it's more a case of since I've known you a long time, so when you upload a handful of new pics, they appear in my feed, i see those and I genuinely like them.
Where as if I say get to know someone as a new friend who already has loads of pics, I tend to maybe like a few, but then as they upload new ones, I like their new ones. I always thought it was a sign of appreciation that the person had taken the time an effort to uploaded something.
If its something I find extra special that I love and not just like, then I leave a comment.
Posted
7 minutes ago, CosmicDustTail said:

Baffles me why they like every picture but then don't message you either 😅

Glad I'm not alone in my thought process!

If it helps - and whilst I believe I'm not somebody with a tendency to like all of a person's pics such as is mentioned in the OP; I like the ones which connect with me on an artistic level or particularly spark something in my imagination - I can offer some reasons why I personally may like several pics and yet refrain from messaging.

First and foremost, distance. I might appreciate the aesthetics in a user's photos, even think that I'd be interested in them of circumstances were different, but as much as I believe in making things work with the right person and not letting distance be an obstacle as a part of that, if I don't already know somebody and we are outside of a practical distance then I don't feel it appropriate for me to be cluttering up their inbox when you ladies are already spammed with enough junk which won't go anywhere in there.

Secondly - and oftentimes - I literally can't, because of inbox capacity. If a user is getting a lot of messages then once a certain limit is hit no other users can message until some have been cleared, unless they have an upgrade. This is one of my bugbears with the site and can be frustrating at times; as an example which ties in to my first point, a couple of days ago a spotted a new member relatively local to me who seemed nice and I felt might be a potential good match. She'd only joined the site about 40 minutes previously and had around thirty views. Not wanting to overwhelm her, I attempted to reach out with a simple/welcoming and carefully worded introduction.... and when I clicked to send it a couple of minutes later I was unable to as an approved photo had rapidly added to her traffic meaning her inbox was already full; her views had jumped to almost eighty in the space of perhaps three minutes. One fella had commented on her photo trying to connect from almost 300 miles away - seriously, where do those guys expect that to go? And that's another reason why I'll very scarcely reach out to somebody long-distance. I don't want to be the asshat who potentially (if accidentally) blocks the person I'm messaging or one of their suitors from a good and positive dynamic/relationship they are actually seeking and might be able to have.

Other reasons? This one might be a bit more specific to a smaller group of members here. I have CFS/ME, and sometimes I'm simply too burned out/fatigued to be able to think clearly and put the effort in that I feel the person I'm reaching out to deserves, at least at that time. And on other occasions, although I've been single for two and a half years, if I've been talking in a more promising fashion with somebody i.e. there is somebody in my life I'm talking with whom it looks as though there is a reasonably fair chance of something serious happening with, then I'm not going to message and risk accidentally giving somebody the impression that I'm more available than I am. I'll still appreciate and like their photos though - I hope they take it as a compliment, and I still rack up my daily points from the site 😆

Posted
3 minutes ago, Aranhis said:

If it helps - and whilst I believe I'm not somebody with a tendency to like all of a person's pics such as is mentioned in the OP; I like the ones which connect with me on an artistic level or particularly spark something in my imagination - I can offer some reasons why I personally may like several pics and yet refrain from messaging.

First and foremost, distance. I might appreciate the aesthetics in a user's photos, even think that I'd be interested in them of circumstances were different, but as much as I believe in making things work with the right person and not letting distance be an obstacle as a part of that, if I don't already know somebody and we are outside of a practical distance then I don't feel it appropriate for me to be cluttering up their inbox when you ladies are already spammed with enough junk which won't go anywhere in there.

Secondly - and oftentimes - I literally can't, because of inbox capacity. If a user is getting a lot of messages then once a certain limit is hit no other users can message until some have been cleared, unless they have an upgrade. This is one of my bugbears with the site and can be frustrating at times; as an example which ties in to my first point, a couple of days ago a spotted a new member relatively local to me who seemed nice and I felt might be a potential good match. She'd only joined the site about 40 minutes previously and had around thirty views. Not wanting to overwhelm her, I attempted to reach out with a simple/welcoming and carefully worded introduction.... and when I clicked to send it a couple of minutes later I was unable to as an approved photo had rapidly added to her traffic meaning her inbox was already full; her views had jumped to almost eighty in the space of perhaps three minutes. One fella had commented on her photo trying to connect from almost 300 miles away - seriously, where do those guys expect that to go? And that's another reason why I'll very scarcely reach out to somebody long-distance. I don't want to be the asshat who potentially (if accidentally) blocks the person I'm messaging or one of their suitors from a good and positive dynamic/relationship they are actually seeking and might be able to have.

Other reasons? This one might be a bit more specific to a smaller group of members here. I have CFS/ME, and sometimes I'm simply too burned out/fatigued to be able to think clearly and put the effort in that I feel the person I'm reaching out to deserves, at least at that time. And on other occasions, although I've been single for two and a half years, if I've been talking in a more promising fashion with somebody i.e. there is somebody in my life I'm talking with whom it looks as though there is a reasonably fair chance of something serious happening with, then I'm not going to message and risk accidentally giving somebody the impression that I'm more available than I am. I'll still appreciate and like their photos though - I hope they take it as a compliment, and I still rack up my daily points from the site 😆

Some very fair points and I agree with the distance one especially.

It definitely can be over whelming when you first join and Jesus some of the open messages I've had, let's just say my brat has so much fun with those 😅