A New Office Part 5: Valentine's Day

ey****

Posted

For previous episodes - see here

The employee was nervous.  He had been instructed that he was to get a Valentines gift for every woman in his department.

Each would then decide to give a thumbs up, or down, for the gift.

However, there were no initial consequences for either.

Though of the thumbs up, the ladies would decide on who got the "best" gift.  This would be deemed to be sucking up and he could be punished accordingly.

Of the thumbs down, the ladies would decide on who got the "worst" gift and he would be expected to make it up to her with dinner "on her terms".

The consequences being so vague meant there was little opportunity for this to be manipulated. Since the ladies could decide their own interpretations.

Otherwise, the rules he had to follow were simple.  Gifts could be bought or made. There was no lower or upper budget limits. But he couldn't duplicate ideas to the extent of that if he got one person chocolates of any brand or description, he couldn't do the same for another.

"You're doing well," grinned his boss, after he got the third thumbs up in a row.
He'd spent a lot of time with the ladies and managed to learn a lot of likes.  No one was going to maliciously give a thumbs down on the ground that, well, there was a chance for punishment either way round.

"Ooh, you have me conflicted," said Miss Annabel, she was someone who had taken enjoyment in pegging him, he'd got her a new harness.
"Is this for my benefit or for yours, don't tell me you're now into me fucking you in the bathroom"

He tried a safe, "Your harness is getting a little old and I know you've been struggling"

"You know what... I am going to give you the thumbs up - but this surely has to be the best suck up"

By the end of the room, in which he'd covered shoes, chocolates, soft toys, DVDs, he had started to rack up a couple of thumbs down.  
"I actually like the chocolates, but you've had too many thumbs up", said Miss Kelly
and "I've already got this...!" from Raven, the Office Goth, waving The ***s of Mercy CD, "And you know you rarely get mercy from me!

But of course.  Boss last. A very nice bottle of champagne.
"Ha," she said, "If I gave you a thumbs up you'd certainly win a biggest suck up"

"Awww," joked Annabel. 

"But, I'm going to give a thumbs down.  To keep the voting interesting"

The ladies then gathered to have their votes.  Private, to exclude him from their decision making.

The way Annabel skipped out of the meeting room you knew she'd got her way.  "Woo, you're going to have to test your gag reflex - tomorrow..."
She skipped over and whispered to his ear, "My husband got me a big, huge, dildo and we're Christening it tonight - you get clean up duties in the morning"

"So," said the Boss, "We had a democratic vote where I told the others to vote for me - so we're going for dinner tonight.
We are going the fancy new Italian, you will meet me at 7pm.  You will wear a smart suit, although, your work panties underneath.  I will order for us both, but you wouldn't be paying. If you have any food allergies speak now, as I'm not being responsible if you're allergic to what I order."

"Umm, no allergies boss," he said confused, "See you at 7pm"

7pm came.
7.15pm.
7.30pm.

He sat awkwardly alone on the table.  It had already been reserved, presumably well in advance, it was a full house on valentines day.

This meant anything she had been planning was planned well in advance.

Though. Perhaps she'd just planned on having him sit, alone, feeling the eyes on him.

She walked in, 7.45pm, unapologetic and as if the table had always been booked for this time.

Having only seen her in 'work mode', to say she looked phenomenal was an understatement.

A stunning dinner dress that turned heads as she made an entrance and a half.
Suddenly the people who had given him a look of pity as if he'd been stood up, well, the guys almost had a look of envy.

"Did you order drink for the table," she said
"You told me you'd order..." he said
"Oh, so I did," she calls over a waiter and ordered one of the more expensive champagne bottles.

As they sat down and said hellos, the bottle came over.  The next surprise was when she signalled for the waiter to pour for him, he'd expected this to be one of those meals where she has steak and champagne and he salad and water.  But, no, this was an unexpected treat.

And, each course. Fine food. No unexpected twists.  Just, awesome food, great drink and stuff he didn't have to pay for.

The company, of course. His boss kept some of the topics more... small talk. Football, the weather, TV shows.
She didn't draw attention to the arrangement at the office or any other suggestion.
He'd learnt enough to do what he was told and, the two had a lovely night even if in the back of his mind there was a little part which felt that she might suddenly reveal his panties to the whole restaurant or piss himself or....

"Relax," she said, as she could see his mind wandering, "In the office everything is consensual, everyone is in on it.  Everyone here are people out for a Valentines Meal.  It wouldn't be fair on the staff or the other diners.  
I just wanted a night out with you"

"OK," he said, nervously reassured.

"I mean, tomorrow anything could happen.  Or, at least after Annabel is done with you.  But tonight, well, there's only so much I can do with you."

With that she smiled.

She invited him over for a selfie.  He obliged, but was still quite confused.

"Oh, it's a night off.  I mean, I could humiliate you if it'd make you feel better. It's almost like you're not used to this"

"To be honest, I'm not"

She laughed.
"Ok, fuck it. You're going to do something for me once I've paid the bill"

She called over the staff and paid the eye-watering bill.  He did feel a little awkward - she had ordered 'the best' for them both and that had a triple digit bill, she even then added a coffee each for them"

"OK," she said.  She slipped off her wedding ring, put in a small box she pulled out and slid it over, "You got two choices.   Choice one - you slide the box back to me. I put it away. We finish our coffees and bid each other good night.
Or, choice two.  You go down on your knees and propose.  Obviously it won't be 'for real', I'm married.  But it's Valentine's Day and no one in here has proposed."

"I do have a question, if I may"
"You may..."
"Before you said about how these were regular people and so not to involve"
"Absolutely. But it's Valentine's Day.  No one would be shocked or surprised to see someone propose on Valentine's Day!"

He hesitated a bit.
She gave a cheeky grin and a wink, not telling him what to do but certainly goading him to.  If she was to speak her face was saying "Go on, I double dare you"
If his face could speak, it replied, "Alright then"

He got down on his knees, in front of her.

Having, of course, being spotted by the staff, the background ambience was cut and the room felt silent.

He didn't quite know how to start, but, gave a messy but to the point, "You're one of the most remarkable women I know... will you marry me?"

The room waited for her to say yes so they could celebrate.  Instead... she replied, "I'm sorry. No" and walked out.   A big gasp of shock and confusion in the air.  Another person who looked like he might be thinking the same having second thoughts and the staff putting music on and trying to get people back in the spirit.

A few people gave some offers of sympathy.  But he also felt it best to get himself up and follow her.
It felt like a walk of embarrassment and shame because even though it wasn't a real proposal - to everyone in the room he'd been humiliatingly rejected, on Valentines Day.

He looked around, but couldn't find her.  
He did, however, get a ping on his phone.  
"I didn't say I'd say 'yes' haha.  Get in early tomorrow and leave my ring in my desk. We do not discuss tonight with the other ladies.
Thank you for a lovely night"

He then started the journey home.  Still confused as of what on Earth tonight was about.