Life-building and choice theory

Lockonly

Posted

Life is all about choices.

1) Having a love that leads to a pure, innocent marriage?
{

love will end anyway once you get married, after a while, both man and woman, it won't be the same
When the man comes home, he asks if dinner is ready. He's not the guy who comes with gifts at first and takes them to dinner.
After getting pregnant and having a child, the woman will say that you are not only my husband but also the father of my child, she will put up obstacles and do very spoiled things.
There is no trace of the original romantic, harmonious woman.

In the end man and woman will be unhappy, I never see happy couples with children around me, they show themselves that way, but this is not the truth.
Just as both parties are unhappy, deceptions begin, even divorces happen, children always grow up in a vacuum because they are left in the middle.
Not only did you make yourself unhappy, you also made your child unhappy.
}

2)Establishing a life with a partner with whom you can live out all your sexual desires and fantasies?
{
Sexual desires, desires, fantasies, passion,  all these are momentarily pleasurable things that satiate the mind and body. also all this is temporary. All those fancy desires etc. What will happen when you live and are satisfied? 
The famous thinker says go to the market when you are full, not when you are hungry.
After the satisfaction, you will feel the deficiencies as spirituality, the emptiness will give you unhappiness again.
}

3)Build a life by living alone ?

{
Loneliness will create an emotional, psychological, sexual void in people in every sense, these gaps will merge and become very large, everything will begin to seem meaningless.
Because of these gaps in you, you will constantly fight with yourself, with life, and you will even say, what am I living for? Stop being happiness, you won't even have a purpose in life.
}

Also, in the spiritual sense, if there is no value, no purpose, it is ridiculous to live, what do you live for?
Let's find the results together, make additions on them.

Posted
I find this rather sad and quite a blinkered perspective.
My grandparents were married for 60 odd years. They were besotted with each other til my nanna passed. My grandad even with advanced dementia mourned his loss til the morning he died having called me by her name in the hours before his passing.
I've build a life for myself living alone for the past 15 odd years. Nothing in my life is meaningless. I have purpose. What causes you to suggest otherwise?
This may be your life experience but I see no reason why you would belittle the lives of others
Posted
So, I’m gonna be short and sweet…
That sounds so vanilla.
BruiseWayne
Posted (edited)

First of all, no, life isn't ONLY about choices. Life is a mixture of choice and circumstance. The circumstance often being beyond your control and/or capability to overcome. This whole thing reeks of some 'personal responsibility' style ideology that breaks everything that's wrong in your life down to being entirely YOUR fault. It's not always. :P

Also...

1). PASSION dies out ( sometimes ). Love on the other hand tends to endure, and sometimes that fades too. But they don't always collapse and neither of those things have fuck all to do with how 'pure' you are, whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean...

2). Temporary? There's people well into their 60s who have healthy sex lives. I'd hardly call that temporary. You might lose interest in sexual things eventually but you'll spend some of your ***s and the majority of your adult life practicing and enjoying sex and sexuality... unless you're completely gross and unfuckable. :P

3). Eh... what? People who live alone can and do have rich fulfilling lives too.

What spirit are we talking about here too? Islam? Voodoo? The spirit of Christmas? Gozer The Gozerian? Or lemme take a wild stab in the dark here... Jesus? :confused:

I really hate to sound like an asshole here, but this all just smells like some fake deep, pitifully cynical trad values nonsense wrapped up in hippie woowoo language and pseudo spirituality. TBH I have NO effin idea what you're even talking about here or what the point of all this is and I seriously don't even want to find out lol. :joy:

Edited by BruiseWayne
Posted
I think life is more about balance
Posted
Glass half empty or glass half full. To some an “innocent marriage” is wonderful, just as with the other scenarios.

Yes, life is about choices. But every person as well as every relationship has different results to the same choice. We all are different, this different things bring us joy, displeasure or ***.

Rather than focus on the choices and the potential negative results, we should make choices to the best of our ability and work at being happy with the choices.

Life is short, and gets shorter every day. We should focus on the positive and make the most of the time we have.
Posted

it's very... glass half empty

there are people who stay together in otherwise loveless relationships - but then there's also those who stay together in relationships filled with love

sometimes the important thing is to be able to be happy on your own, but not accept you can't be happy with others

Posted
14 hours ago, Lockonly said:

Life is all about choices.

1) Having a love that leads to a pure, innocent marriage?
{

love will end anyway once you get married, after a while, both man and woman, it won't be the same
When the man comes home, he asks if dinner is ready. He's not the guy who comes with gifts at first and takes them to dinner.
After getting pregnant and having a child, the woman will say that you are not only my husband but also the father of my child, she will put up obstacles and do very spoiled things.
There is no trace of the original romantic, harmonious woman.

In the end man and woman will be unhappy, I never see happy couples with children around me, they show themselves that way, but this is not the truth.
Just as both parties are unhappy, deceptions begin, even divorces happen, children always grow up in a vacuum because they are left in the middle.
Not only did you make yourself unhappy, you also made your child unhappy.
}

2)Establishing a life with a partner with whom you can live out all your sexual desires and fantasies?
{
Sexual desires, desires, fantasies, passion,  all these are momentarily pleasurable things that satiate the mind and body. also all this is temporary. All those fancy desires etc. What will happen when you live and are satisfied? 
The famous thinker says go to the market when you are full, not when you are hungry.
After the satisfaction, you will feel the deficiencies as spirituality, the emptiness will give you unhappiness again.
}

3)Build a life by living alone ?

{
Loneliness will create an emotional, psychological, sexual void in people in every sense, these gaps will merge and become very large, everything will begin to seem meaningless.
Because of these gaps in you, you will constantly fight with yourself, with life, and you will even say, what am I living for? Stop being happiness, you won't even have a purpose in life.
}

Also, in the spiritual sense, if there is no value, no purpose, it is ridiculous to live, what do you live for?
Let's find the results together, make additions on them.

Remember that life is a temporary whim, what you want today is your enthusiasm for today, when your enthusiasm is gone, the only thing waiting for you is meaninglessness.
It is not for nothing that they say that you can live everything on time, because they know that in the future there will be no enthusiasm.
You should also think according to the conditions of the day, we are not in the youth period of family members older than you, everything has changed a lot.
Old innocent loves, innocent people are very few left, technology and life conditions have changed everyone a lot.