Strictly Dom or sub, or a switch? What brings your preference?

Nocturne

Posted

The more people talk about their D/s dynamics, the more you see different intricacies about their preferences. Why does one person wish to only Dominate, and another to only submit? What makes people feel comfortable with both? What brings out preferences towards one side?

For myself, I feel most confident and secure in a scene when I control it, with appropriate input from the sub(s) involved. I considered myself a switch, but my only experience has been with Dominance, and I'm personally not currently willing to change that. I'm curious about what others' experiences with these preferences towards one or both sides of it are, so my question to you is: What creates your preference and comfort with your particular roles in dynamics?

I hope to hear from different perspectives, as always, have a good day/evening. 

Posted
As alpha primal sub. I have dominated but find no pleasure in it.. Feels unnatural. But I've subbed to weak and I become spoiled brat and disrespectful.. And ended up destroying their confidence. Not intentionally just cause I'm that way.. I felt I was disrespecting bdsm way so now I stick to very very dominate mentally types.. But I think it funny how new daddy Dom's call themselves switches... Just cause your let your little pretend she's boss doesn't make her... But this world is also full of gray anymore. Soon children will rule the house.
Posted
I’m a sub don’t like being dominant at all or a switch
Posted
I'm not sure what caused my preference, but I'm a sub. I've always been a sub, I just don't have the confidence or even the will to be a Dom. Not who I am. I've tried it, but it didn't feel right. I don't just count myself as a sub though, I'm also a little, brat, kitten, and doll. (I'm still figuring out the doll one, but I do know that that's what I like) it's just who I am. I have never been good at Doming people to do things, nor do I really want to.
I also don't see it as a preference. A preference is if you like apples more than oranges. Not things that normally prevalent in your life.
Posted
I like being made to wear panties and feminine stuff by my dom 🫣
Cheekysub247
Posted
Im a sub(plus a few sub types under that), personally i 'date' Dom type only guys, ive been with many switchers in the past but its just not worked, 90% tried to get me to switch a little, some just basic things but i had to say no, which led to ending things or actual arguements of me being selfish .
The others they never asked but there was always their sub need in the background which i simply couldn't give them so it ended.
So now i keep it simple, date D types who share the same interests 😊
Ive been sub for as long as i can remember, even as a kid there were only sub thoughts, never Dom stuff, so i guess just the way i was born, i tend to connect better with those similar for longer term. x x
Posted
My submissive side comes from deep within - now know it's always been there in various forms, since childhood and I honestly couldn't be dominant I don't think, have tried but felt very uncomfortable.
That said I'm able to carry out dominant acts (e.g. I have a mean spanking hand) when in a non-D/s level playing field environment where I'm asked to carry them out.
Posted
Dom because i noticed when controlling the narrative was a instant arousal consistently and i love going balls deep perfectly with consistent and accurate strokes and making sure you get the whole thick headed dick trying to??????????
  • 3 months later...
Posted
I am also strictly sub with DOMI characteristics I have only had one time actually being a domi with a dom. Translation I am a super brat. I’m a very outspoken independent woman I am naturally defiant intellectual and have intelligence for me it is the power struggle back and forth but secretly I imagine my dom putting me in check pinning me down and spanking me and giving it to me rough and hard to remind me he is in control and for me that is super sexy and makes me will to be submissive otherwise I get more and even though I am trans I am woman 1000 percent being a dom/ top not my thing
Posted

Love both sides but could live on the submissive/*** slut side and be happy